Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Who's The Best Team In The League?

Right now I think there are probably only 6 contenders. The Chargers, The Rams, The Saints, The Chiefs, The Bears and The Steelers. If you ask me the Steelers are too erratic, especially on the road. The Bears have a really young starting QB who already hasn't really done much. The Chiefs are still coached by Andy Reid. As for the Rams, I just don't think Goff is ready yet. I think it has to be the Saints. Brees is as surgical as ever but the Saints offensive line and running game is the best in the league and they have enough players on defense, up front in particular, to get stops and force some turnovers. I think the Chargers might be my number 2 team but I just think the Saints are a little more dynamic on offense with a more experienced HC.

I have eight contenders- you can't leave off NE with Brady and Belichek, sorry, as much as we might want to, and I think you're discounting the current 2 seed in the AFC in the Houston Texans. If you intentionally have left them off, I'd love to know why Da Bears are there, because Houston is a very similar team and I see little separating them.

Saints offense was entirely shut down by Carolina's defense- not to mention Dallas and Tampa for the large part of the game. That's a problem. Panthers defense has been horseshit during this six game losing streak. 

Also, while not on the same tier as these eight, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Baltimore absolutely have the tools to make a run.

I'd rank em as so, of those eight- these are mighty close to me, I'd say top-5 have a slight edge over bottom 3.

1. :Bears:

2. :Chargers:

3. :Saints:

4. :Chiefs:

5. :Texans:

6. :Pats:

7. :Steelers:

8. :Rams:

Edited by Thanatos

I actually did forget Houston but you're right. I feel like the Pats always have a shot but even if they did add another Lombardi to their trophy case, I still don't know that I would say they were the best team in football. I know that probably sounds dumb but idk lol

It's the New Orleans Saints and it isn't close. 

• Downvote 1

The Nick Mullens led San Francisco 49ers.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:50 PM, BC said:

It's the New Orleans Saints and it isn't close. 

The Saints just looked bad, mediocre, and bad three weeks in a row. How is not even close, lol? BC with more stupidity.

• Upvote 1

Seattle is looking good, man. I'm not saying they're the best in the league but they're playing at a very high level. They don't have any great receivers bit they all are solid and they all know how to run the scramble drill. The run game is going for them, the defense is looking stout. The WC's this year are dangerous in both conferences. I could see a lot if teams making a run. It's gonna be fun.

• Upvote 1

I think the most dangerous teams in the post season right now are the Bears, the Saints, and the Ravens. December and January tend to be the months where defense shines, and those defenses are looking poised to make big things happen. I could see Lamar Jackson and Mitch Trubisky accidentally making some dumb throws or turnovers to cost their teams, but I see it less so from the Saints, who have one of the best QB's in postseason history on their side along with a very good but not superb D.

Otherwise, you can never count the Patriots out, because their preparation is always worlds above other teams, the Rams can make it far if they aren't challenged properly and are allowed to play their game. The Seahawks are playing good postseason football as well, a heavy run game, stout aggressive defense, and a QB who can strike efficiently and make first downs when the situation calls for it has always been a recipe for success in this league. 

I wouldn't trust the Chiefs, because that defense is a joke. I don't like the Texans although they feel like they're close. Another year of development from Watson and a few offensive linemen would go a long way. The Cowboys probably have the worst QB in the postseason right now, and the Cowboys can be figured out and overwhelmed.

As for the playoff hopefuls (well the Ravens might fall short which the rest of the AFC would love), the Steelers are poor in preparation and will forget to show up against somebody they go up against, even though they could easily win the AFC if they had the proper discipline in place. The Colts are a very interesting squad, and if they snagged a home game I could see them making some waves in the postseason until they inevitably lose to the Patriots. The Titans are gonna ride that defense as best they can, and pray they don't need to start Blaine Gabbert for a playoff game.... but the game against the Colts is essentially one of those. The Eagles scream cinderella, but there are some real ugly stepsisters in the ball this year, and they need help from one of them to even make it in. I don't trust the Vikings, and they're the easiest team to slot in for a loss in the postseason if they even make it there.

I thought the Bears would make it to the playoffs this year before they traded for Mack but having a starting QB like Trusbisky is problematic and they don't have a dominant running game to lean on either. They're going to need to find a way to put points on the board.

Also, Sheldon Rankins is an absolute monster. That forced fumble he had like 15 yards down the field against Pittsburgh was crazy. I was glad to see him get some respect in the player voting here. He's very underrated imo.

Edited by seanbrock