Sign in to follow this  
BC

Who trades for Antonio Brown?

Which NFL franchise will trade for all world WR Antonio Brown?  

13 members have voted

1. 2. Who will trade for Antonio Brown?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Washington R-Words
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New York Jets
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Houstan Texans
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Chicago Bears
    • Settlement with Steelers is Reached and Trade Falls Through
    • Other (specified in post)
  2. 3. Would You Support YOUR Team Acquiring Antonio Brown?

Antonio Brown posted is official farewell to the Pittsburgh Steelers fanbase thanking them for 9 amazing years. Adam Schefter also reported that he has requested a trade. If the Steelers in fact don't trade this guy, they're going to be send a very weird message to the team setting a precedent that this type of behavior of putting yourself before the team is okay.  The Steelers claimed that they would not be open to trading him within the division or to the New England Patriots. Antonio makes 14m a year and has voiced that he's unhappy with that number and wants more, so if a team doesn't have that much its a long shot that he goes there. 

John Clayton has made a lot of good points. San Francisco makes sense because he's expressed a desire to play there. Oakland makes a lot of sense due to the fact that they have 3 1st round draft picks this year and have a huge need at receiver. The Buccaneers make sense because Bruce Arians, someone who was around AB a lot in Pittsburgh spoke highly about Brown a month or two ago. 

Not a lot of other teams make sense as there is an ENORMOUS baggage factor with Brown, he's expensive, he's not young, but there are lots of dumb GMs out there and he will sell tickets and is the best WR in the world from a talent perspective and could make almost any team a playoff contender immediately. 

I would prefer he not be traded but it looks like a serious long shot at this point. 

Edited by BC

Carolina should go all out for him. I would trade Luke for him. He's a great player but oft injured and the Steelers would kill to have him on their defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I doubt he's sticking around, but the dude is cancer. I don't think there's a locker room around that can handle his tom foolery. So naturally he's going to go the Patriots and ball the fuck out because the NFL sucks.

How would he get to the Patriots though? The Steelers say they won't trade him to NE. They also don't strike me as an organization that would pay the top dollar contract that he is currently signed to. And seriously? You think the Panthers would give up the 2nd best player in the history of their franchise to get him? No way. I agree the Panthers make a lot of sense though. Player antics don't really scare them typically and they are a player like him away from a trophy very possibly. 

We've talked about this before... but WR is arguably the least truly impactful position on a football team. And he's like king of the divas right now. I would be very afraid that just about anything could trigger him at any moment. Definitely a buyer beware sticker on the guy... So like Razor said... Patriots it is. Maybe Jon Gruden and the Raiders -- but I feel that would backfire considerably.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, PhilElliot said:

Probably  SF

If they want him he's there's. Nobody can realistically outbid them. Unless Pittsburgh figures they still have a win now window with Ben, in which case I think teams that could offer an elite veteran would make sense but idk how this works out cap wise.

If I were the Niners, I wouldn't risk the potential downside.  There's no questioning his talent, but with all the other issues they have to address this off-season, I think they should work on rebuilding other parts of the roster.  I guess if the FO were to make the gamble on Jimmy G's full recovery by September, they might go for it.  But I don't know if it makes him any more worth the potential drama if they end up struggling to win games. 

The Colts have an ungodly amount of cap space, so I sincerely doubt money will be an issue.  They already have established talent in Hilton, meaning more headaches for defensive planners.  Luck is a great option to be catching passes from at this stage in his career.  I could also see Houston in the mix, but I don't know how much space they're going to lose in a restructured deal with Clowney.  Both teams are also far more prepared, in my opinion, for a deep playoff push than SF or Oakland.  AB likes to win, and we've seen these types of scenarios unfold enough times in the past to know how divas behave once their new team fails to meet expectations.  

As for the second question, unequivocally...NO.  Miami has so many needs, and they've had more than their fair share of diva personalities over the last decade.  I'd rather see them lose than watch yet another locker room drama play out. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Carolina should go all out for him. I would trade Luke for him. He's a great player but oft injured and the Steelers would kill to have him on their defense.

Absolutely 100% not. That is a neg, good sir. 

Carolina's locker room does not need that cancer and our WR position is just fine tyvm.

7 hours ago, BC said:

How would he get to the Patriots though? The Steelers say they won't trade him to NE. They also don't strike me as an organization that would pay the top dollar contract that he is currently signed to. And seriously? You think the Panthers would give up the 2nd best player in the history of their franchise to get him? No way. I agree the Panthers make a lot of sense though. Player antics don't really scare them typically and they are a player like him away from a trophy very possibly. 

Player antics dont scare them? The Panthers? Since Tepper arrived, sure, but JR was the epitome of being scared off by player antics.

9 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Absolutely 100% not. That is a neg, good sir. 

Carolina's locker room does not need that cancer and our WR position is just fine tyvm.

AB would open up the field for all those YAC guys you have. I definitely wouldn't want to have to choose between doubling AB and having CMac running wild on me all the while Moore turns a 5 yard catch into a 50 yard gain because he only has to make the first guy miss.

My guess is we all laugh about this when he's playing for the Steelers next season. (Maybe traded after '19-'20)

No I don't want his headaches on my Texans either. Amazing talent, but I like what the Texans have built in their locker room of no drama bs, and team first guys.

Do you people read? The Steelers said they will not trade him to the Patriots. 

Wow. He made a video inviting NFL teams to "work with him." Fast forward to 7:40. He no longer wants to be called "AB." He now wants to be called "Mr. Big Chest." He also states that he doesn't want any contract that isn't fully guaranteed. Go get em Oakland! :lol:

AB, or Mr. Big Chest, is an idiot and I really hope Green Bay doesn't try grabbing him. I believe he ends up in Arizona.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Idk man, the guy obviously works his ass off. It's hard to argue against him being the best receiver in the game. He honestly might be the best route runner ever. I think that speaks a lot to the kind of person and football player he is. It's funny that the people who have him most are all about hard work and capitalism. Idk sorry to be the dude that politicizes everything. 

As for WR not being an important position, I disagree. There is more than one way to build a team. Look at the 70's Steelers, the 49ers and Jerry Rice. The Greatest Show on Turf, Harrison and Wayne. Antonio Brown is working his way into some discussions of some real elite players. He's not a 4.2 40, 6'4" freak with pogo sticks for legs either. He's earned his stripes. 

70's Steelers won on the back of one of the greatest defenses of all time, Swann and Stallworth were average compared to the other receivers of the era. The 49ers had two great QB's in their dynasty and an incredibly underrated scoring defense. Rice was a great piece, but the 49ers would have won all of those super bowls without him. The only super bowl the Colts won was the one where the defense decided to show up for the post season and Peyton decided not to choke against the Patriots that year. Harrison was notorious for going quiet in big playoff games, and Wayne wasn't much better in that regard. You need a team effort to win a super bowl and WR's simply contribute less than all of the other positions on the field barring special teamers by nature of their position. They don't see action unless the other guys are doing their job properly.

Rice and Brown could have definitely won a ring if they had anyone but Bill Callahan coaching them lol. Idk man, I still say you can pay a guy like Brown who can get wide open in even triple coverage a ton of money if you build the right offense around him. He's the kind of player that opens up your offense for everyone on the field and when worse comes to worse you can force it to him and end up with better statistical outcomes than anyone not named DeAndre Hopkins and I would be willing to bet that they're comparable in that area. I would try to give him everything up front if possible exactly the way he wants too because honestly you're pushing your chips to the table but there's an exit strategy in the not too distant future. Bringing him in means you sell jerseys and all kinds of other merch. I would do it tbh.

15 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Idk man, the guy obviously works his ass off. It's hard to argue against him being the best receiver in the game. He honestly might be the best route runner ever. I think that speaks a lot to the kind of person and football player he is. It's funny that the people who have him most are all about hard work and capitalism. Idk sorry to be the dude that politicizes everything. 

As for WR not being an important position, I disagree. There is more than one way to build a team. Look at the 70's Steelers, the 49ers and Jerry Rice. The Greatest Show on Turf, Harrison and Wayne. Antonio Brown is working his way into some discussions of some real elite players. He's not a 4.2 40, 6'4" freak with pogo sticks for legs either. He's earned his stripes. 

Working hard <> good person

He did quit on his team, which is dishonorable. Though, I am glad he finally aired his position as to why.

I could see the Cowboys or Redskins going for him. Rebuilding Raiders could make a splash. Don't see the Steelers trading in the division or to contenders (Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Texans).

Raiders might not look so dumb if they turned Dallas' first into AB. Lol they need to do SOMETHING to save face at this point don't they?

Oakland is playing Madden franchise mode. If they were to pull that move, it proves Mike Mayock is nothing but a puppet. 

4 hours ago, Packers Dynasty 2010 said:

If they trade a 1st for AB, they will look dumb.

Will they, though?  Character issues aside (very difficult to do)...he's in his prime with few competitors.  Trading an unproven first rounder for All-Pro talent in the WR1 spot seems like a good deal, strictly from a roster building standpoint.  But again, this is assuming they're willing to shell out the funds and risk any stability they might have had in the locker room...if they had any to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Phins4life said:

Will they, though?  Character issues aside (very difficult to do)...he's in his prime with few competitors.  Trading an unproven first rounder for All-Pro talent in the WR1 spot seems like a good deal, strictly from a roster building standpoint.  But again, this is assuming they're willing to shell out the funds and risk any stability they might have had in the locker room...if they had any to begin with. 

He's 31 and is going to want a new deal wherever he ends up. It doesn't make much sense to make that move unless you are just a WR away from being a contender. Which the Raiders are not. They are locked in with Gruden and have acquired all these picks to rebuild. Why use one to get AB? At least to me, it doesn't seem like a smart move.

Only way I would trade for AB is if my championship window was closing and I believed he would be the difference maker.  That said, I think he ends up with a team that is in denial about rebuilding and desperate to make some noise.