Sign in to follow this  
BC

Who trades for Antonio Brown?

Which NFL franchise will trade for all world WR Antonio Brown?  

13 members have voted

1. 2. Who will trade for Antonio Brown?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Washington R-Words
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New York Jets
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Houstan Texans
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Chicago Bears
    • Settlement with Steelers is Reached and Trade Falls Through
    • Other (specified in post)
  2. 3. Would You Support YOUR Team Acquiring Antonio Brown?

It seems very against what hey started last season. Khalil Mack is a better player at a more impactful position and is much younger (in football years)... I still think it's possible they do it because... well... Raiders. But they shouldn't for a variety of reasons.

• Upvote 1

Just to play devil's advocate here, we see a team go from worst to first every year. Gruden is an offensive coach. They already nhave committed a fuck load of long term money on Carr. If the plan is to go out and get the best receiver in football and invest themselves in getting better up front so they have a running game then maybe it will work out. I mean, even if Oakland trades a first for Brown they still have plenty of draft capital to execute any kind of plans they have. I mean, if they can get him to agree to a massive 2 year 100% guaranteed deal or something I think it's a gamble but you have to roll the dice in this league sometimes. Brown is also the kind of player that gets them on national TV, commercials etc, which is something that while Mack might be arguably more valuable as a player, I don't think you can sell tickets and merch with him the way you can David Carr and AB.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

The Browns are the biggest threat to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs buddy. A team in their division and on the rise. They would much rather get low-balled in a trade with the Niners than to get better compensation from a team that would most definitely beat up on them twice a year by adding Antonio Brown to an already talented squad featuring Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.

I guess they have reversed their mind about trading him to the Pats. But I don't see why you would do that. You just ensure the Pats will be much, much, much better than you for the next couple years. Ben might as well retire if this happens. 

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/27/antonio-brown-patriots-trade-possible/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick&fbclid=IwAR3PJjsJZZ964jrZnOQB2SYBjl2Jdcoe88TpGbYObKqm0johu61GZik8JaM

If AB goes to the Pats there is zero reason to have the AFC play next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of this is a smokescreen tactic.  If I was running the Steelers, I would not, in good conscience, hand over a weapon of that caliber to a system that just won a Super Bowl without a legitimate WR1.  I think any perceived shift simply serves as a catalyst for other teams to come forward with a competitive offer, to prevent something like that from happening.  Reverse psychology at its best.  

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and the Steelers' management is really that stupid...or desperate to get rid of him. 

• Upvote 2

By this point .. I think AB is secretly trying to stay in Pittsburgh. Watching all these dumb interviews he’s doing ... all these sound bytes and tweets... how does that not scare suitors away? It has to , right?

Here come the Raiders though. Lol 

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, Phins4life said:

I think a lot of this is a smokescreen tactic.  If I was running the Steelers, I would not, in good conscience, hand over a weapon of that caliber to a system that just won a Super Bowl without a legitimate WR1.  I think any perceived shift simply serves as a catalyst for other teams to come forward with a competitive offer, to prevent something like that from happening.  Reverse psychology at its best.  

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and the Steelers' management is really that stupid...or desperate to get rid of him. 

I hope to god you are not wrong.

It took a while for the Pittsburgh Steelers to get a market going for Antonio Brown, but it appears they’re ready to deal.

Two reports on Wednesday morning, from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and ESPN’s Adam Schefter, said the team is close to a deal. Schefter specified that a trade is expected by Friday.

It behooves the Steelers to wrap up a trade by March 17, when Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus. It also isn’t a bad idea to get it done quickly, just to eliminate another of their seemingly endless distractions.

Two teams bow out of Antonio Brown trade talks

Rapoport said that trade talks are heating up, though he mentioned that two teams have bowed out. The New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals won’t be trading for Brown, Rapoport said.

That leaves only a few known candidates. The one team that has come up whenever a possible Brown trade is brought up is the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders have the draft picks to make a deal, even it’s a little strange for one of the worst teams in the NFL to trade picks for a receiver who will be 31 years old next season.

Rapoport said “three new teams” have emerged in trade talks this week, which is hard to believe considering it has been no secret for months the Steelers would shop Brown. But if leaking that information helps the Steelers drive up the price for whoever is still in, more power to them.

Will a Brown trade get done this week?

It’s also smart for the Steelers to get a trade done this week, considering free agency starts next week. Pittsburgh wants to know where they stand on that situation, and wouldn’t want to lose a potential trade partner who shifts its focus to free agency.

Whenever Brown is traded, it will be one of the biggest stories of the NFL offseason. It’s not often a player as good as Brown is moved in his prime. If Wednesday’s reports are accurate, we shouldn’t have to wait much longer to see how it all turns out.

Steelers are telling teams they want best offers in ASAP so a deal can be done Friday or sooner... Raiders keep coming up... I know I have said this, but that just makes NO SENSE. Raiders dismantle their team and best players to acquire boat loads of picks just to send those picks away for a 31 year old (admittedly talented) WR? Whyyyyy?

Again... why? At least in my feeble brain -- I see no logic in this whatsoever.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Steelers are telling teams they want best offers in ASAP so a deal can be done Friday or sooner... Raiders keep coming up... I know I have said this, but that just makes NO SENSE. Raiders dismantle their team and best players to acquire boat loads of picks just to send those picks away for a 31 year old (admittedly talented) WR? Whyyyyy?

Again... why? At least in my feeble brain -- I see no logic in this whatsoever.

The mistake is thinking about this logically in regards to what Gruden has already done while in Oakland.  If it seems like a decision they SHOULD make...lean towards the opposite unfolding.  The other thing is that AB has swagger...enough to share around the Raiders locker room ten times over.  I have a feeling it gives Jon the warm and fuzzies knowing he could bring that to his team just before heading to Vegas. 

MA BOOOOOOOIIII

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

booooooo

I concur. 

At this point if I'm Pittsburgh I just sit on it until draft day. Just play it cool for awhile. There can't be a team in the league who really wants him at this point. Just hold onto him and ignore the guy? If someone (who isn't NE or division rival) offers you a first for him and it ends up working out, take it. If you can't get that, just hold onto him and retain the value, even if he negatively impacts the locker room, and just do the best you can with it. That's about all they can do at this point? 

Nah, Phins, Brown has always been a little "young money" cunt. He deserves to rot on a team without a QB. His stats without Ben are pretty meh and he's literally never caught a TD in his career from anyone but Ben.

Without Ben:

lRQS18x.jpg

The Raiders are a joke of a franchise. But... When you were asking for a 1st round pick and get a 3rd and 5th in return... Yikes. lol

• Upvote 1