Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

2019 TGP Mock Draft (Discussion Thread/Sign-ups)

Your "attitude adjustment" of Favre is apparently fake news, BC. I'll take the Cards. One of you fellers take the Bills. 

On 3/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, BC said:

F4E graciously offered to take the Cardinals and Bills after I gave him an attitude adjustment. 

FAKE NEWS

• Upvote 1

I took Greedy Williams because of the depth of defensive linemen in this class but I also think that having WIlliams and Weatherspoon on either side of the defense could be stifling. 

If I am on the clock feel free to PM me so I get an email on my phone as a reminder! 

• Upvote 1

Are we allowed to trade future picks?

12 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Are we allowed to trade future picks?

None for 2020, no. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like I might have a trade suitor to take the #4 overall pick off my hands. Per the shoutbox:

•  
    BCToday 12:57 PM
    Yeah... its not enough I'm afraid. I want Rashan Gary or DK Metcalf pretty badly now. If it's your 2nd you'll give me along with your first, however, you can pick right now.
  •  
    WeaponX20Today 1:09 PM
    Fuck lets do it
  •  
    BCToday 1:13 PM
    Ok so #4 overall to the Bills and #9 and #40 overall to the Raiders? If so, go ahead and make your selection in the selection thread.
Edited by BC
40 not 41

7 minutes ago, BC said:

Looks like I might have a trade suitor to take the #4 overall pick off my hands. Per the shoutbox:

•  
    BCToday 12:57 PM
    Yeah... its not enough I'm afraid. I want Rashan Gary or DK Metcalf pretty badly now. If it's your 2nd you'll give me along with your first, however, you can pick right now.
  •  
    WeaponX20Today 1:09 PM
    Fuck lets do it
  •  
    BCToday 1:13 PM
    Ok so #4 overall to the Bills and #9 and #41 overall to the Raiders? If so, go ahead and make your selection in the selection thread.

I accept the trade

Wow Kyler Murray falls to #8 Detroit! If anyone wants to move up to scoop their QB at #9 I'm happily open for business :yep:

A trade has been announced:

Broncos Receive
13 and 78

Dolphins Receive
10 and 148

Washington has been looking for a big play threat since Desean Jackson left for Tampa Bay a couple years ago and Metcalf gives them just that. If Guice comes back to 100% Washington could have some pop to their offense to go along with guys like Crowder and Reed to work underneath but currently they don't have anyone that demands the defenses attention. I think Metcalf can bring that.

looking to move up for a player and will be until said player is selected.

Bears will be looking to move back in the 2nd round for some extra picks :shifty:

---------------

EDIT: Nvm we don't get that pick until next year :yao:

Edited by butta54
  • Haha 1

ooch got 5 hours to pick. If he misses then whoever has pick after goes. Then Ooch would be back on clock for previous pick makeup. 

sorry I'm late getting my pick in, I was out of town all day yesterday and wasn't expecting to get to my pick since we were ten picks away Friday, I'll have my pick in in the next 5-10 minutes

I'd planned to go a different direction with this pick, but once I did some research Oliver was a guy I couldn't pass up on. We definitely have bigger needs, but our Dline has been Casey and the bums for years, this should fix that.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, oochymp said:

sorry I'm late getting my pick in, I was out of town all day yesterday and wasn't expecting to get to my pick since we were ten picks away Friday, I'll have my pick in in the next 5-10 minutes

I was gonna take Oliver if you took that deal haha. That is a great pick.

I was trying to trade up for Jonah or Dillard, so to have Dillard fall into my lap at #23 was a huge relief! Dillard is arguably the best pass blocking tackle in this draft, and that's one of the top needs for the Texans.

Gotta protect Deshaun! If this happens in the real draft, I hope the Texans are sprinting to the podium to draft Dillard. :yep:

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Dillard pick, that's for sure. If Jawaan wasn't waiting for me at 13 (I had a feeling he would be though), I probably would have taken Dillard myself.

• Upvote 1

I'm on the clock right now, but it says that Sean is on the clock on the title of the selection thread, as it has read for the last 14 hours. I also went to go read the first post on that page, and according to the list, it says that the most previous pick made was the pick I made with the Raiders, and that the next pick that needs to be made is the Indianapolis Cots. Sure, I could have gone through the entire thread to conclude that the list and the thread title hadn't been updated, but it was still a bit confusing. I'm kind of doing the Raiders to be helpful so that we didn't have to cancel this event due to lack of participation, so it's definitely a teamwork-necessary event. Thanks for the PM. Will pick now. 

• Upvote 1

BC, that post wasn't a direct dig at you, my man. This has happened already with multiple users and I'm trying to get this thing running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, because we didn't finish last year and that really sucked!

Honestly BC you've been on top of things more than most, so don't sweat it.

If I could personally edit the title, I'd totally do it. :yep:

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do with all 3 of my teams in the 1st.

The Packers have huge holes at edge and safety and I was able to get players for both without reaching. I wasn't sold on Burns at first because of his playing weight/size but seeing him at 249 lbs at the Combine and it not affecting his other drills, I was all aboard the Burns bandwagon. Ha Ha was a good to average safety during his time here but he was never able to be what the Packers have been missing since Nick Collins went down, a true midfield ballhawk safety. Adderley looks like he can fill that role and hopefully have the same kind of success as his last family member that wore the Packers' uniform.

Watching the Chargers, it seemed like the offense struggled the most when teams could generate pressure up the middle. Chris Jones gave the Chargers fits and it seemed like the Ravens were able to get into the backfield at will during the first meeting of the 2 teams. Lindstrom is a great plug and play option at guard and could help make a great interior o-line with Pouncey and Lamp for the rest of Rivers' career.

Finally the Dolphins, I told myself I wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st because I'm not that high on Lock or Jones and the Dolphins are a lot more than just a QB away from being good. But when Murray fell to #10 and Razor wanted to trade back, I decided I needed to jump ahead of Cinci and get Murray.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1

I feel like the trade worked well for both of us. I valued Taylor pretty highly but figured I could wait a little bit longer before pulling the trigger. And getting Nick Bosa for the Jets feels like a huge steal.