Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

2019 TGP Mock Draft (Discussion Thread/Sign-ups)

Since we're at the end of the draft, figured I would do a quick analysis. First I'll start with my teams' draft classes.

:Packers:: Brian Burns (EDGE), Nasir Adderley (S), Dalton Risner, (OT) Jace Sternberger (TE), David Long (CB), Hunter Renfrow (WR), Isaiah Buggs (DE), Rodney Anderson (RB), Wyatt Ray (EDGE), and Preston Wiliams (WR)

Overall, pretty happy with this class. Going into this mock, the Packers needed to address edge and safety the most. Burns could start right away and Ray in the later rounds is a solid depth piece. Adderley is my favorite safety this year and think he could fill the hole the Packers have had since Nick Collins went down. The Packers lack a true slot WR and Renfrow could easily become that. The rest of my later picks are fliers that could work or be busts. The only pick I sort of regret is Sternberger, I like him as a prospect but I think if I did it all over again, I would take Justin Layne and target TE later on since there were plenty of TE prospect going late. If this was done after the first week of FA, I probably would have gone with Oliver or Taylor over Burns considering Gute signed the Smiths.

:Chargers: : Chris Lindstrom (OG), Dre'Mont Jones (DT), David Edwards (OT), Brett Rypien (QB), Joe Giles-Harris (LB), Malik Carney (EDGE), and Michael Jackson (CB)

Watching the Chargers, I felt their biggest weakness was in the trenches on both sides. Both guards and RT were fairly bad last season. Lindstrom can start from day 1 and pair with Lamp who they picked last year. Edwards probably isn't a day 1 starter since his pass protection is questionable but if he does take over he should help create lanes for Gordon. Bosa and Ingram are great but the Chargers lacked a passrushing presence in the middle. Enter Dre'Mont Jones, they would have to find a way to keep him motivated/consistent but if they can do that then that d-line is pretty nasty. Rivers probably has a few more seasons left but now would be the perfect time to start grooming a replacement. Rypien isn't as exciting or explosive as some but he is a solid QB all around.

:dolphins: Kyler Murray (QB), Kelvin Harmon (WR), Daylon Mack (DT), Bobby Evans (OT), Saivion Smith (CB), Nate Herbig (OG), and Karan Higdon (RB)

I didn't want to draft a QB early for the Dolphins since they have plenty of holes they should address then target a QB next year, but with Murray available at 10 I had to trade up the few spots to grab him. After getting Murray, I had to get the Dolphins an outside target and o-line help. The Dolphins didn't have much in the middle of the d-line so happy I was able to snag Mack in the 4th.

Now a few "awards" and my thoughts on other draft classes, excluding mine in an attempt to remain unbiased

Biggest Steal: Jeffrey Simmons at #128 by FW. I don't know how Simmons fell this far and can't believe I missed it. I thought he went in the early 2nd for some reason and never bothered checking that. Great pick by FW.

Biggest Reach: This was a tough choice between 2 of Sean's picks, Greedy at #2 and Alex Wesley at #73. I have to go with Greedy at #2. I'm not a big fan of him as a prospect so seeing him go #2 when Bosa was still there was crazy.

Favorite Class: Arizona Cardinals by Cherry. Probably the benefit of getting the first pick in each round but the first 5 picks of this draft class were all pretty great. I'm a fan of taking Williams #1 since I do believe he is the surest thing and will be a stud for a long time. Harry is my 2nd favorite WR in this class and he is a great pick. CGJ, Powers, and Cashman are also solid picks at their respective selections.

Least Favorite Class: Seattle Seahawks by BC. Now BC didn't have much to work with in terms of picks so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but looking at this draft class I'm not a fan at all. Polite bombed it at the Combine and I wouldn't touch him til the 3rd at the earliest now. But this is also considering his pro day which was after BC's pick. I go back and forth on Hall. He's an explosive WR but just seems more of a one trick pony then anything and those WRs usually don't succeed in the NFL. With so little picks, not seeing any OL picked hurts this class in my opinion. Get Wilson some protection, let him show what he can do with a clean pocket.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 2

Broncos
1. Jawaan Taylor, LT
2. Zach Allen, DE
3. Clayton Thorson, QB
3. Justin Layne, CB
4. Trey Pipkins, OT
5. Alize Mack, TE
6. Chris Slayton, DT
7. Ryan Bates, OG
7. Te'Von Coney, ILB

Jets
1. Nick Bosa, DE 
3. Mike Weber, RB
3. Gary Jennings, WR
4. Khalen Saunders, NT
5. Jaquan Johnson, S
7. Keelan Doss, WR

We'll see how these guys turn out, but I'm really happy about grabbing Taylor for the Broncos, and floored that I got Bosa for the Jets. 

So my first and second round picks were both gone by the Titans first pick in the actual draft, I think that means I did well

Bucs:

#5 - Josh Allen

#39 - Greg Little

#70 - Lonnie Johnson

#107 - Gerald Willis III

#145  - LJ Collier (Drafted 29th overall IRL)

#215 - Wes Hills

Giants:

#6 - Dwayne Haskins

#37 - Dexter Lawrence (Bonus points for the Giants actually drafting him IRL, just not @ 37)

#108 - Mike Bell

#132 - Max Scharping

#142 - Jalen Jelks

#143 - David Sills V

#171 - Corey Ballentine

#180 - TJ Edwards

#232 - Ului Lapuaho

#245 - Byron Cowart

Jags:

#7 - Rashan Gary

#38 - Drew Lock

#69 - Juan Thornhill

#98 - Justice Hill

#109 - Josh Oliver

#178 - DeMarkus Lodge

#236 - William Sweet

On 4/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, Vin said:

Bucs:

#5 - Josh Allen

#39 - Greg Little

#70 - Lonnie Johnson

#107 - Gerald Willis III

#145  - LJ Collier (Drafted 29th overall IRL)

#215 - Wes Hills

Giants:

#6 - Dwayne Haskins

#37 - Dexter Lawrence (Bonus points for the Giants actually drafting him IRL, just not @ 37)

#108 - Mike Bell

#132 - Max Scharping

#142 - Jalen Jelks

#143 - David Sills V

#171 - Corey Ballentine

#180 - TJ Edwards

#232 - Ului Lapuaho

#245 - Byron Cowart

Jags:

#7 - Rashan Gary

#38 - Drew Lock

#69 - Juan Thornhill

#98 - Justice Hill

#109 - Josh Oliver

#178 - DeMarkus Lodge

#236 - William Sweet

Alright, so I won the game right? Both Lawrence and Ballentine got drafted by the Giants (Ballentine went at 180 IRL), and the Jags drafted Josh Oliver. Those should make up for any misses I had.

Edited by Vin

:panthers:

16. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (Went #4 to OAK) +12

47. Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State (Went #146 to Det) -99

77. Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississipi State (Went #44 to GB) +33

100. Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (Went #100 to CAR) +0

115. Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (Went #254- Mr Irrelevant- to ARZ) -139

154. Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina (Went #212 to CAR) -58

187. Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky (Went #99 to TB) +88

Total: -163 Adj Total (Biggest Reach and Biggest steal taken out): -112 Biggest Reach: Caleb Wilson. Biggest Steal: Mike Edwards

Also picked Will Grier spot on at #100, and mocked Daley to the Panthers, albeit two rounds too soon.

:Colts:

26. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson (Went #13 to MIA) +13

34. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama (Went #139 to ARZ) -105

59. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina (Went #36 to SF) +23

89. Michael Jordan, OG, Ohio State (Went #136 to CIN) -47

129. Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Washington (Went #142 to SEA) -13

135. Damien Harris, RB, Alabama (Went #87 to NE) +48

164. Christian Miller, OLB, Alabama (Went #115 to CAR) +49

199. Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (Went #217 to MIN) -18

249. Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State (UDFA: Signed by Chicago) -6

Total: -56 Adj Total: +0. Biggest Reach: Deionte Thompson. Biggest Steal: Christian Miller.

Overall had a few mis-picks, at least for now, but had only one UDFA and he was with the Colts 7th rounder and has already been signed by Chicago.

My draft for the Titans:

#19: Ed Oliver - Actual Draft #9

#43: Garrett Bradbury - Actual Draft #18

#88: Terrill Hanks - Actual Draft Undrafted, signed with Miami

#157: Gardner Minshew - Actual Draft #178

#233: DeVonte Dedmon - Actual Draft Undrafted, unsigned as far as I can tell

So out of five I got two top 20 picks, two undrafted players (one of which was fully expected) and one right around where I drafted, I'd say that balances out to thoroughly mediocre, which is what I usually aim for in this

On 5/2/2019 at 10:09 PM, oochymp said:

#157: Gardner Minshew - Actual Draft #178

This is hilarious in hindsight

• Upvote 1

Than fucking nailed Grier at #100 to Carolina