Sign in to follow this  
BC

Nick Foles to sign with Jaguars

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-spt-nick-foles-jaguars-nfl-free-agency-20190304-story.html

Nick Foles prospects for a trade went out the window the moment Howie Roseman decided against using the franchise tag on his backup quarterback. With markets for Foles shrinking in free agency, one team has remained constant when it comes to former Super Bowl MVP’s next destination.

Les Bowen of Philly.com is reporting that Foles is expected to sign with the Jaguars in free agency and the first steps could take place this week.

The Redskins, the Giants, the Raiders and Miami were considered possible landing spots for Foles, who’ll likely lose out on money because the Jaguars were his only real suitor. The Jaguars have been the perfect team for Foles from the beginning with a championship caliber defense, and familiarity with the teams’ offensive coordinator.

A deal cannot be officially discussed between the Jaguars and Foles until the “legal tampering” period begins next week on March 11.

And down falls the first domino in the off-season QB drama.

I was expecting a lot more interest given the fact that the next best option is Tyrod Taylor, and after that Brett Hundley...

37 minutes ago, BC said:

I was expecting a lot more interest given the fact that the next best option is Tyrod Taylor, and after that Brett Hundley...

I figured interest would be at least somewhat limited when he didn't get franchised, I'm sure the Eagles would have done that if they thought they could get anything for him and if a lot of teams were interested they'd be able to get at least a late round pick for him.  That said, I'm definitely surprised that the number of teams interested seems to be 1.  I was really enjoying watching Jacksonville waste their defensive talent by not having a competent QB.

Jags gonna get into a bidding war with themselves and end up paying him like $27 mil per.

:walter:

Why stop there? Let's make it an even $30

And when he can't do anything with their shitty receivers, this whole "Foles is a Savior" narrative can die for good. The guy played great in 2 out of 3 playoff games one season after the defense bailed him out of a mediocre first performance against Atlanta. He's pretty much a slightly superior Joe Flacco. 

He's much better than Flacco. Who knows what it will be like on a new team, but for the Eagles he seemed like a rallying point. He isn't the most physically gifted and he probably isn't going to be the league leader in any stats... But if he can be a great leader , play decently, and make those around him better... who knows? 

I'd take Foles over Flacco 10x out of 10.

2 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

He isn't the most physically gifted

I dunno, it sounds like he's gifted where it counts.

• Upvote 2

4 years, 88 Million. 50 M guaranteed. That's a backup QB folks... lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

4 years, 88 Million. 50 M guaranteed. That's a backup QB folks... lol

It'd sorta make sense if Foles had a lot of suitors bidding for his services, but the Jags were basically bidding against themselves!

:yao:

• Haha 1

Nuh uh. They were like totes considering Bridgewater u guiz.