Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

1 minute ago, seanbrock said:

I have been consistent on this issue long before Talib and Omar were elected lol.  Also, even if going to war with Iran doesn't result in WWIII we're still going to be spending trillions murdering innocent people instead of fixing the numerous issues that we have in our own fucking country. How about we get everyone health care instead of murdering people for the MIC and fossil fuel companies to profit?

Aren't stopping regime change wars and health insurance major talking points for Tulsi? I know for sure she is the only one who is openly and ACTIVELY championing stopping regime change wars. But you won't vote for her because your worried schools in Texas empower Israel to start WWIII, which again Tulsi would oppose. 

This is the shit that makes no sense. Instead of voting for the only candidate with sense we are going to throw out actual change because of one issue? 

When we end up with Senor Booker and Trump as options and he gets re-elected we will know why. Honestly the only way the democratic party gets my Vote is if Tulsi is the candidate. If not yet again fuck them they get what they deserve. And if she isn't I would laugh my ass off if Trump got re-elected. They would fucking deserve it lol.

• Upvote 1

Well supporting an anti-BDS resolution to me is antithetical to her position as an anti-war candidate and it makes me question her integrity. Also, like I said. This isn't a single issue to me either. Israel violates civil/human rights of Palestinians and to sign onto a resolution condemning the boycotting of an apartheid state is just absolutely fucking disgusting. If we don't have free speech, we don't have anything. We don't have democracy anymore. That's a big deal to me.

4 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Well supporting an anti-BDS resolution to me is antithetical to her position as an anti-war candidate and it makes me question her integrity. Also, like I said. This isn't a single issue to me either. Israel violates civil/human rights of Palestinians and to sign onto a resolution condemning the boycotting of an apartheid state is just absolutely fucking disgusting. If we don't have free speech, we don't have anything. We don't have democracy anymore. That's a big deal to me.

We dont have free speech now. It's an illusion man. And let's not pretend Palestinians are just poor bystanders who do nothing. They are complicit in human rights violations every day.

And this is not saying you cant protest

No but it does condemn BDS which is enough for me. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-49069082

If you were a Palestinian I bet you would be fighting with everything you had after they stole your home too. I know for a fact that you wouldn't be taking that shit lying down lol.

Well since the Jews really didn't steal anything I'm not making the connection.  That is a huge misrepresentation at best and a flat out lie at worst.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Well since the Jews really didn't steal anything I'm not making the connection.  That is a huge misrepresentation at best and a flat out lie at worst.

How?

They bought almost all of it from the landowners. Palestinian wasn't even a name for the nomadic bedouins until the 60's, and it was part of the British ottoman empire for centuries before Israel laid claim.  There are land deeds and records of sale from the late 1800s until the 40's. So as far as I'm concerned the Palestinians can suck it. 

Also the Jews paid handsomely at 1100 dollars an acre for shitty tractsof land nobody wanted until the arabs renigged because major powers recognized Israel's sovereignty. They didn't steal shit. 

Edited by Omerta
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Warren or Harris will be the nominee for sure, and some of y'all are gonna be butthurt out the ass.

Can either one beat Trump? I honestly don't know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SteVo said:

Warren or Harris will be the nominee for sure, and some of y'all are gonna be butthurt out the ass.

The sad thing is, you're right. Call it a gut feeling but Trump wins again imho.

11 minutes ago, Omerta said:

The sad thing is, you're right. Call it a gut feeling but Trump wins again imho.

Harris would beat Trump. Warren would get the breaks beat off her.

I think Harris would get absolutely smashed.

11 minutes ago, Omerta said:

I think Harris would get absolutely smashed.

I think she's a clever politician. You underestimate her. I hate her but I think she can play Trump's game.

2 hours ago, SteVo said:

Harris can. I don't know if I want her to, ugh, but she can. Warren would get destroyed in the debates, and I think that would make it impossible for her to win. She already lost to Trump over the Native American thing.

Edited by Thanatos

11 hours ago, seanbrock said:

I think she's a clever politician. You underestimate her. I hate her but I think she can play Trump's game.

I dont think she is good enough at slinging mud. She is good by it Trump is a tier unto himself. 

Then I suspect Democrats will use the same playbook they did last time. It will be," Hey lookie, a black woman. Be woke with us." And it will fall stale because she will try to do what trump does and come out looking worse than him.

I dont have a dog in the fight because if those two are my candidates I will go 3rd party and hope everyone splits the votes or we have record low turn out.

Edited by Omerta

Man and if she wasn't such a moron on guns, I could get on board. That said this SOUNDS like a decent idea... except most businesses fail in their first year. 

That and a lot of degrees aren't necessarily conducive to entrepreneurship,  and it's just for Pell grants.  With that said,  at least it's something. 

Edited by Omerta

Seems too specific of criteria, even at face value, that I am not sure how many people who really benefit. No doubt some, but undoubtedly nowhere near as many that deserve it. Pass.

• Upvote 1

I have to give her credit though she is trying to incentivize  improving shitty neighborhoods. 

People shit on gentrification but god damn would you rather have crime-ridden slums or hipster coffee shops with annoying douches with man buns? Tough choice for sure but give me man bun soy-boi coffee hipster.

Edited by Omerta

13 hours ago, Omerta said:

I have to give her credit though she is trying to incentivize  improving shitty neighborhoods. 

People shit on gentrification but god damn would you rather have crime-ridden slums or hipster coffee shops with annoying douches with man buns? Tough choice for sure but give me man bun soy-boi coffee hipster.

Where do the people that lived in those neighborhoods go? Do they just disappear and get replaced by hipster trust fund douchebags? Lol

People need to be provided with economic opportunity, training and education. Gentrification just shits on poor people and solves literally NO problems lol.

I'm all for student debt relief but it has to come with cracking down on the price gouging of colleges and text books and lenders and it can't come at the expense of teachers. It should be taken out of the ass of adminstration. Kind of like health insurance, I think a lot of the price control issues will be solved simply by having a single payer system but conservatives aren't wrong when they say that a lot of fat needs to be trimmed. Where I disagree is leaving it to the market.  I just wish I understood how the private sector was so much more efficient than the government. The corporate world is just as full of nepotism and inefficiency as the gov. I've never heard of anyone that works for a big company say that it wasn't run by a bunch of rapacious retards.

It solves shitty crime ridden neighborhoods and replacing them with coffe shops and artisan stores.

At least it reduces the number.

Edited by Omerta

10 minutes ago, Omerta said:

It solves shitty crime ridden neighborhoods and replacing them with coffe shops and artisan stores.

At least it reduces the number.

Lol they just move to a different location. It solves nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Lol they just move to a different location. It solves nothing.

Yes but it gives the locals a break. It is cyclical. I have seen it is washington. Places get gentrified it gets too expensive and collapsed and they come back.

10 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Yes but it gives the locals a break. It is cyclical. I have seen it is washington. Places get gentrified it gets too expensive and collapsed and they come back.

Lol

Whats your solution? Make poor people not exist. Elevate every single poor person out of poverty. What an original idea. Its not like we haven't been trying. So if people 6 blocks over want to gentrify and area so it is less shitty good for them. They are improving where they live and the community as a whole. Mr. Elijah Cummings has been trying to solve the problem in Baltimore for over 20 years and has gotten absolutely nowhere. 

I think the fact that you think we should just let shitty areas remain shitty is well...shitty. Lets not improve any place ever, we must live in this horrible place and not make any attempt to improve it. That is no solution.Since congress cant seem to do it, the people are taking it into their own hands and doing a better job, and good on them.