Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

For the record, religious and don't believe in contraception likely also comes with two stable, competent, consenting adults. It ain't religious folks draining taxpayers with unaffordable kids.

26 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

For the record, religious and don't believe in contraception likely also comes with two stable, competent, consenting adults. It ain't religious folks draining taxpayers with unaffordable kids.

Not true AT ALL. Poor people have and always will be more religious.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/income-distribution/

Religion_economy.png

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Lol I hear you but people with more money have less kids on average too. This would create a lot of problems. 

"In Japan, employers often struggle to fill job vacancies. Spending on health care and pensions has swollen Japan’s public debt to more than twice the size of its economy. The International Monetary Fund has estimated that the country’s annual economic growth could be 1 percentage point lower for the next three decades because of Japan’s aging population. That means the country’s economy, forecast to expand 1 percent this year and next, may stagnate further"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-14/humans-having-fewer-babies-is-a-big-economic-problem-quicktake

Generally because they are more intelligent and are better at performing a cost benefit analysis. Or older and wiser. 

There are 330 million people in this country and counting, we can use a few less dumb people.

3 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Generally because they are more intelligent and are better at performing a cost benefit analysis. Or older and wiser. 

There are 330 million people in this country and counting, we can use a few less dumb people.

Did you read the part in white? Lol

4 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Did you read the part in white? Lol

So you're saying they have low unemployment and universal healthcare. Only one is bad, I'll let you choose lol.

Also it is a short term problem. In the long term it is a good thing. Also, they have 1/3rd the population. And the scarcity for employers leads to higher paychecks which ya know...

Edited by Omerta

1 minute ago, Omerta said:

So you're saying they have low unemployment and universal healthcare. Only one is bad, I'll let you choose lol.

That's because they spend with a deficit right? 

8 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

That's because they spend with a deficit right? 

Almost all countries do lol

2 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Almost all countries do lol

How many countries have a debt more than twice the size of their gdp?

5 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

How many countries have a debt more than twice the size of their gdp?

As far as I know, none do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Omerta said:

As far as I know, none do.

There's one and it rhymes with Zapan.

3 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

There's one and it rhymes with Zapan.

That is incorrect.

5 minutes ago, Omerta said:

That is incorrect.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-national-debt/

"Japan, with its population of 127,185,332, has the highest national debt in the world at 235.96% of its GDP (although, notably, Japan is also one of the world's largest economies)."

Look man, I'm not saying this to be a dick or nothing but this is a situation where not knowing economic basics and relying on someone else who does not understand monetary economics in business especially in dynamic business policies is a bad thing and can make you look foolish to those who do.

A more accurate figure is 134%. I can either tell you how that works or you can do the research on your own if you want.

Edited by Omerta

49 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Look man, I'm not saying this to be a dick or nothing but this is a situation where not knowing economic basics and relying on someone else who does not understand monetary economics in business especially in dynamic business policies is a bad thing and can make you look foolish to those who do.

A more accurate figure is 134%. I can either tell you how that works or you can do the research on your own if you want.

Dick.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Dick.

I was sitting in the drive-through line getting my protein shake, I don't really have time to type out the response I need. That being said, Seans smart enough to figure it out comment I obviously spends enough time on the Internet. I think hes got it.

I really didn't mean it to be a d***, there just aren't a lot of ways you can explain something long form with that kind of time table.  If I had more time,I would have certainly explained it.

Edited by Omerta

6 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I don’t think utilities are typically the main problem in owning a home when it comes to cost. Plus telling them just to “ buy an electric blanket” or “ invest in better insulation” when their house is cold is incredibly short sighted.

You’re hungry? Just go buy more food... duh you dummy !

I have more to contribute but my break is about over. Gotta go pound out that kinda livable wage 

Err, that's not my point at all. My point is that its less expensive to do what I suggested than run the heat. I'm not saying you have to keep it 40 degrees in the house, I just know some people want to just wear tshirts and shorts around the house even in winter and keep it 75. So yeah, that's gonna cost ya. An electric blanket is far cheaper than using heat to heat your room in winter, again, it's a cost-saving method. If you can afford a house and you're paying money to heat the place, you would pay less money if you buy an electric blanket. They're not expensive. 

Mortgage payments are pretty cheap, normally. The main issue is the upfront cost of the down payment and then any unexpected expenses. I'm just offering ways to make it a bit cheaper.

I understand that, and I am not even saying you're wrong. Like, it's a solid tip. lol. Just when I read it (whether it was your intent or not) it came across to me in the same tone as "if you can't afford your rent just go live somewhere else"  Or.. if your car is junk, save up and buy a different one.  It reminded me of a conversation I had the other day. Talking to somebody about vehicles, mentioned that my car (which is solid and mechanically sound for now) is nearing 200k miles. They responded by suggesting I just save up 6k to buy a really good used car when I go to replace this one. I was just like... uh... ya, good idea. LOL.

Just sometimes easier to say than do -- especially depending on where you are. It's not feasible for a lot of people to just save for better insulation or in my case a $6k car... or whatever the example may be.

There are definitely a lot of ways people can cut corners though that is for certain.

• Upvote 1

I'll give you a solid tip...:shaq:

4 hours ago, Omerta said:

My youngest bro just graduated airforce tech school and is home and my middle bro is going into the Navy so we're celebrating. Woulda got to this sooner BUT forgive me for doubting you expertise of the Japanese economy but I think you did a Google search and came upon this This Quora discussion so I would love for you to explain. If you could also back up your argument of how telling poor folks to not have kids is a good idea. 

Btw, we're both opinionated Irish pricks so it goes without saying that you can go fuck yourself you arrogant bastard haha.

7 hours ago, seanbrock said:

My youngest bro just graduated airforce tech school and is home and my middle bro is going into the Navy so we're celebrating. Woulda got to this sooner BUT forgive me for doubting you expertise of the Japanese economy but I think you did a Google search and came upon this This Quora discussion so I would love for you to explain. If you could also back up your argument of how telling poor folks to not have kids is a good idea. 

Btw, we're both opinionated Irish pricks so it goes without saying that you can go fuck yourself you arrogant bastard haha.

Haha well deserved. I will get to it when I get to the office. There was a Bloomberg or Forbed article a couple years back. I've also know Japan was it's own biggest creditor much like American used to own a large portion of it's own debt through it bonds owned by citizenry. I'll get more into it in a little bit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/458551-gabbard-hits-dnc-over-mysteriously-incoherent-poll-criteria-for-debates%3famp

The DNC is rigging the polls. Does anyone really believe that Beto, Klobuchar or Castro are polling higher than Tulsi? Does anyone REALLY truly believe Joe Biden is still polling at number 1? This whole primary process is a fucking sham. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-confronts-fox-news-reporter-peter-doocy-at-iowa-event

I'm voting Green Party.

There's just no chance Joe Biden beats Trump. Literally zero. How he can perform so underwhelmingly in the debates and still be the frontrunner is beyond me. The problem is, I won't even consider voting Democrat unless one of these underdogs has a seriously uprising and steals the nomination. I'd have said that I'd vote for Tulsi or Yang a month ago, but now that Yang is spouting of panic mode climate nonsense just to try gain some steam, I'm not sure I'd vote for him any longer.

I won't vote Trump, but I won't vote for any establishment Democrat or radical SJW.  Not gonna happen, and neither of those types of opponents will beat Trump. We need a wild card for a close election.

Joe Biden is considered the front runner because the media and the rigged polls keep telling us he is. Does anyone here know anyone who supports Biden as the nominee? I haven't met a single person nor have I seen a single sign or bumper sticker with his name on it. Have you guys? 

Edited by seanbrock

5 hours ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/458551-gabbard-hits-dnc-over-mysteriously-incoherent-poll-criteria-for-debates%3famp

The DNC is rigging the polls. Does anyone really believe that Beto, Klobuchar or Castro are polling higher than Tulsi? Does anyone REALLY truly believe Joe Biden is still polling at number 1? This whole primary process is a fucking sham. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-confronts-fox-news-reporter-peter-doocy-at-iowa-event

I'm voting Green Party.

Let's hope Tulsi can nab like Defense Secretary or even better Secretary of State

Just now, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Let's hope Tulsi can nab like Defense Secretary or even better Secretary of State

The only way Tulsi gets a position like that is if Sanders wins. Her foreign policy is one of the chief reasons that she's ostracized by the Democratic party and would also be one of the chief reasons why if she does gain a lot of momentum and gets close to the nomination that they would cheat her. There's a lot of money on the line and the same fossil fuels and defense companies that own the Republicans are the ones that own the DNC. Again, they've already stated in court that they have no obligation to run a fair or transparent primary and they know that no matter who they run they're guaranteed to get votes because millions of people are already saying they'll vote for whoever they nominate no matter what. IDGAF. We've survived 4 years of Trump. We made it through 8 years of Bush. I won't let them extort me for me vote and support. Fuck. That.