Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

Well, just go piss on the fire why don't ya. I think Tulsi has a better chance of winning the nomination that Bernie does, so I guess that is our way out. ha. Hopefully we do get more transparency in these polls though. Sounds like the DNC is going to require a (relatively) big jump in the polls to hit the November debates.

1 hour ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Well, just go piss on the fire why don't ya. I think Tulsi has a better chance of winning the nomination that Bernie does, so I guess that is our way out. ha. Hopefully we do get more transparency in these polls though. Sounds like the DNC is going to require a (relatively) big jump in the polls to hit the November debates.

I know you hate Bernie but that just is not grounded in any facts. Just because you want it to be true, doesn't mean it is. If your point is that Tulsi is more viable as a general election candidate I could buy that because I think her support among the libertarian crowd would bring a lot of people out to vote and it would pull votes from Trump but I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. In the primary nobody has anything even remotely close to Sanders' grass roots campaign. Nobody has as much money as he does. Nobody has as many donors as he does and nobody gets the turnout at events that he does. It's not even close. The debates are shaped around issues that he's made popular. His medicare bill, his crime bill, his student loan forgiveness bill. You keep saying Warren is taking a bite out of his support and that may be true (weird argument for a primary imo) but even in the span of debates one and two she has never raised more money than him. It's not enough to make him not the prohibitive favorite by every measure except for the polls which it's pretty easy to tell are rigged and even then, Warren isn't ahead of him in the polls, it's Biden. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00000528&cycle=CAREER

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/A19079DC-B20C-11E9-8C83-F2D8F2B1B1E9

So Sanders has more than 10 million in cash than Warren with 96% of it coming from individual donors compared to Warren's 46%. What does that tell you?

Edited by seanbrock

Bernie isn't going to beat Warren unless there is some massive scandal for all the reasons I've talked about before. I mean, it isn't impossible. But she is just Bernie with a vagina -- which obviously makes her superior. My dislike for Bernie has nothing to do with it, especially considering I dislike Warren equally or potentially more. Lmao. 

20 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Bernie isn't going to beat Warren unless there is some massive scandal for all the reasons I've talked about before. I mean, it isn't impossible. But she is just Bernie with a vagina -- which obviously makes her superior. My dislike for Bernie has nothing to do with it, especially considering I dislike Warren equally or potentially more. Lmao. 

The only way Warren could beat Sanders is by the DNC stealing the election. There's no way she beats him in a legitimate election and Warren is nothing like Sanders and the reason why is very simple. Sanders isn't taking corporate cash. Warren if anything would be an Obama/Bill Clinton redux from a policy stand point but she is nowhere near the salesman either of them was. I don't see how you can think Sanders is just another run of the mill Democrat lol. MSDNC hates him just as much as Fox News does. If he was just a typical Democrat CNN and MSDNC would sucking his dick non-stop. 

8 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

There's just no chance Joe Biden beats Trump. Literally zero. How he can perform so underwhelmingly in the debates and still be the frontrunner is beyond me. The problem is, I won't even consider voting Democrat unless one of these underdogs has a seriously uprising and steals the nomination. I'd have said that I'd vote for Tulsi or Yang a month ago, but now that Yang is spouting of panic mode climate nonsense just to try gain some steam, I'm not sure I'd vote for him any longer.

I won't vote Trump, but I won't vote for any establishment Democrat or radical SJW.  Not gonna happen, and neither of those types of opponents will beat Trump. We need a wild card for a close election.

You mean, confirmed scientific consensus that 95% of climate scientists agree on?

• Upvote 1

10/15. They kinda cherry-picked some of these, Trump has a lot worse on his twitter. But yeah, not a fan of Biden. Still voting for him over Trump if it comes to that. Climate change is too important an issue to leave a denier in charge of the EPA.

It probably won't matter which way I vote though, I think Biden will smash Trump and it won't even be close. He's probably the safest bet at this point, he has opened up a 16 point lead.

Edited by Thanatos

Biden would not smash Trump lol. Millions of democrats would just not vote and Biden isn't pulling any independents I promise you that lol. Biden is a far less intelligent version of Hillary Clinton. Only old people like Biden and the Democrats need a high turn out of 18-35 year olds who Biden has told on more than one occasion to fuck off. I'm voting Green Party if Biden gets the nomination. We'll survive four more years of Trump. I won't be extorted for my vote. 

Also, Biden is trying to block a climate debate and is almost certain to take fossil fuel money if he isn't already. There's no difference between Biden and Trump. None.

Edited by seanbrock

Biden is up sixteen points, 54-38. You can promise me all you want, Biden is absolutely pulling independents. It's probably his biggest plus as a candidate.

Lmao@there is no difference between the two. You stay in your bubble, bud.

@ThanatosDidn't every poll say that Hillary had like 99% of beating Trump? If Biden wins the nomination, millennials will stay home and if millennials stay home, the Democrats are guaranteed to lose to Trump. Can you imagine how bad Biden is going to look on a debate stage with just one other guy? Lol. He's clearly got dimentia...clearly. You're out of your mind.

47 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

@ThanatosDidn't every poll say that Hillary had like 99% of beating Trump? If Biden wins the nomination, millennials will stay home and if millennials stay home, the Democrats are guaranteed to lose to Trump. Can you imagine how bad Biden is going to look on a debate stage with just one other guy? Lol. He's clearly got dimentia...clearly. You're out of your mind.

That statement after all the mental health discussions. Tsk tsk lol.

I do agree Biden gets fucking murdered by trump.

24 minutes ago, Omerta said:

That statement after all the mental health discussions. Tsk tsk lol.

I do agree Biden gets fucking murdered by trump.

Bro, the guy barely knows where he is at any given moment. He can't be president lol.

Yeah, if you just watch various rallies of his... It seems like he is really starting to slip mentally. Those types of things happen for sure - and I don't fault anyone for getting old. But those gaffes are only becoming more frequent and what if they get more severe as POTUS? And right or wrong... you know if he is the nominee that Trump is going to bash his skull in with that and probably the creepy Joe stuff as well. IDK that I like his chances much. He seems more like a sacrificial lamb than a true candidate.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Yeah, if you just watch various rallies of his... It seems like he is really starting to slip mentally. Those types of things happen for sure - and I don't fault anyone for getting old. But those gaffes are only becoming more frequent and what if they get more severe as POTUS? And right or wrong... you know if he is the nominee that Trump is going to bash his skull in with that and probably the creepy Joe stuff as well. IDK that I like his chances much. He seems more like a sacrificial lamb than a true candidate.

Yeah, he takes a lot of heat off of Warren, Kamala and Mayor Pete. 

Skip to 4:45 where she says anyone who supports Sanders over Warren is sexist and it goes completely unchallenged by the host and the other pundit. Fun fact, Emily Tisch-Sussman is the daughter of one of Hillary's billionaire donors. Despite coverage like this and despite polls that are sampled to go against Sanders he is STILL the top candidate in the race for the Democratic nomination with BY FAR the biggest grass roots campaign of anyone in the primary with more donors, more money and more people volunteering for his campaign. Don't trust corporate media. Don't trust WARren. 

....And you're surprised?

2 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Skip to 4:45 where she says anyone who supports Sanders over Warren is sexist and it goes completely unchallenged by the host and the other pundit. Fun fact, Emily Tisch-Sussman is the daughter of one of Hillary's billionaire donors. Despite coverage like this and despite polls that are sampled to go against Sanders he is STILL the top candidate in the race for the Democratic nomination with BY FAR the biggest grass roots campaign of anyone in the primary with more donors, more money and more people volunteering for his campaign. Don't trust corporate media. Don't trust WARren. 

No democratic candidates have come out against this as far as I know.

It sets a dangerous precedent for our media, and our potential President, to do nothing to combat such nonsense.

Also, this just makes me support Sanders over Warren even more than I already did.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

No democratic candidates have come out against this as far as I know.

It sets a dangerous precedent for our media, and our potential President, to do nothing to combat such nonsense.

Also, this just makes me support Sanders over Warren even more than I already did.

I thought this was Sean. You support Sanders?

• Upvote 1

Other than the sexist part, she isn’t necessarily wrong. Sanders has peaked. I’ve been saying that for weeks/months. As soon as Bernie drops out, Warren is gonna be pretty much guaranteed nom. 

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Other than the sexist part, she isn’t necessarily wrong. Sanders has peaked. I’ve been saying that for weeks/months. As soon as Bernie drops out, Warren is gonna be pretty much guaranteed nom. 

Lol again, you can look at polls that have been sampled against him from day 1 but Sanders has more money,  more donors and more volunteers than anyone in the race BY FAR. What is it exactly that makes you say he's peaked or that he's getting all these votes pulled from him by Warren? Look at th3 coverage he gets in the media and then look at the actual data. 

Mostly because I don’t see the energy for him from people at least in relation to the last election. It’s great they’re donating and things though. Serious question because idk... is he gaining any new support from voters or are these mostly just holdouts from the last go around ? 

9 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I agree. Biden might be leading, but basically all of Sanders supporters will go to Warren.

9 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Mostly because I don’t see the energy for him from people at least in relation to the last election. It’s great they’re donating and things though. Serious question because idk... is he gaining any new support from voters or are these mostly just holdouts from the last go around ? 

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I agree. Biden might be leading, but basically all of Sanders supporters will go to Warren.

Based on what exactly? Lol Warren has just copied Sanders' platform after not supporting him over Hillary. I think if those Bernie peeps showed up in the Rust Belt for Hillary she would have destroyed Trump. I think a lot of Bernie supporters also know that her declaring she wouldn't take corporate cash until after the primaries (lol) is bullshit. I full expect Warren to be handed the nomination in a rigged primary but ok what you two are talking about.

Edited by seanbrock

The fact that they are seen as the two progressive candidates and their platforms intersect the most. They'd even tell you that themselves. If you like Bernie, most people will like Warren over any other Dem candidate in the field. Possibly Yang gains as well, but I think Warren takes more.