Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

Who do the people like best if we were actually allowed to choose?

Bernie hospitalized with chest pain, one of his arteries is/was blocked. All campaign events canceled until further notice. 

Turns out the 1% were hiding some of their wealth in Bernie Sanders's arteries.

Too soon?

• Downvote 1

I'd lay money he didn't use Medicare. Hopefully he recovers well though. 

He said he will be at the Oct 15 debates. 

HarrisX released a new pool... Trump is at his highest approval rating of the year and were in the middle of an impeachment inquiry. 

Not really. He's at 41.2% averaged out.

Interestingly though on Harris X poll, he's also at his highest disapproval rate at 55% disapprove, 45% approve.

Approval for impeachment has gone into the positives and we're just getting started too.

46.6%- averaged again- approve of impeaching him, 44.9% are against.

Edited by Thanatos

Was that the same poll because the one I read said he was at 51% disapproval. Either way, him going UP during impeachment talk isn't good news for the Democrats. But I did predict that to be the case, so not surprised. 

idk where the heck these articles are getting 51 then

While still underwater among the voting public, 49 percent of registered voters approve of the president's job performance while 51 percent disapprove, which marks the highest rating Trump has achieved in a Hill-HarrisX survey in 2019.

Polls like this don't really help either:
15005-dems-goals-with-impeach-all.png

Five 38 looks at the average of all polls, much more accurate than a single one. Harris has proven to be slightly biased right, for example.

14 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

idk where the heck these articles are getting 51 then

Polls like this don't really help either:
15005-dems-goals-with-impeach-all.png

They're right though...That's the problem. We are deeply divided as a nation. And it's among Republicans AND Democrats and the rest of us are collateral damage.

Edited by Omerta

Oh 100%. 

I've read so many different stories and articles... and different versions of the same stories and articles. I really have no fucking clue what is true or not anymore when it comes to this whole thing. Like Pelosi's 60 minutes interview? Idk... it's all super shady. I don't like any of it. Vote them all out, please.

I think that's where it gets bollocks'd up.  Trump is a piece of shit. Much live almost every president of my lifetime or anyone who even ran for it. 

But this impeachment shit is old. It has been Mueller, Stormy Daniels, his Mental Health, The Charlottesville bullshit, and so much other bullshit they want to impeach him for but never can for 2 reasons. There is never definitive proof and their weak.

They should just say we have shit candidates and want a gimme next election because we can't beat anybody. They will look as weak as they are but at least it's honest.

Then the Republicans can say we would back Satan if he hated the right people. It would make them look as immoral as they are, but it would be honest.

The media hates this man. His campaign is 100% people powered. Wish he would air this on TV and YouTube.

There is never definitive proof? How about the Ukrainian ambassador explicitly saying that he thinks its wrong to withhold aid in exchange for investigations into a political campaign? The text messages that just were released by the House are a goldmine of impeachable offenses.

Oh yeah, and he also asked China and Ukraine on fucking live TV from the White House front lawn to investigate the Bidens.

Until the text or the anonymous whistleblower back up there statements with more than, "trust me" it isn't proof, it's a conspiracy.

That is no different than any politician saying that they should check out the wrongdoings of their political opponents, especially when it involves other countries.

I'm not saying he didn't, I'm saying there's no definitive proof. Right now there's a whole bunch of he said she said and then nothing. At the very least there's nothing that would hold up in a court of law.

One thing that gets lost in the shuffle here is how corrupt Biden is lol. It's congress's job to investigate stuff like this whether you believe Trump is guilty or you believe the evidence is there or not but It's amazing to me how Biden isn't being hit over the head with this. It goes back to the same thing as the hacking of Clinton's private server. Trump takes heat and is investigated but nobody ever bothers to mention that the information that was leaked on Hillary was tucking true lol.

I still don't buy for one second that Joe Biden is the leading candidate. His campaign HQ is in Philly and I haven't seen one sign in a lawn or one bumper sticker, haven't met one person who even likes Biden at all. I drive to job sites all over the area too. The polls are lying to us all. 

10 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

One thing that gets lost in the shuffle here is how corrupt Biden is lol. It's congress's job to investigate stuff like this whether you believe Trump is guilty or you believe the evidence is there or not but It's amazing to me how Biden isn't being hit over the head with this. It goes back to the same thing as the hacking of Clinton's private server. Trump takes heat and is investigated but nobody ever bothers to mention that the information that was leaked on Hillary was tucking true lol.

I still don't buy for one second that Joe Biden is the leading candidate. His campaign HQ is in Philly and I haven't seen one sign in a lawn or one bumper sticker, haven't met one person who even likes Biden at all. I drive to job sites all over the area too. The polls are lying to us all. 

I don't know if it's lost in the shuffle, but that is something I have absolutely been wondering about more than anything else. Trump tapes the heat for trying to find out if Biden is corrupt. it would be one thing if he suggested planting evidence, to make the situation look like something it wasn't. But even if you believe the whistleblower, and it's kind of hard to at this juncture, then there is still something that we need to know about Joe Biden.

you mentioned Hillary is well, and I'm glad that somebody else is making this connection. She also had a vast amount of dirt on her, and we are worried about how Trump talks in a locker room.

I think that that guy is so low that you couldn't have him walk under a snake and it would not knock off his toupee. That said, I think it's interesting how Donald Trump is trying to find out the truth, albeit about a political opponent, and he's not doing it for altruistic purposes. That being said does nobody else want to know if Biden did anything wrong?

I mean if we want to find out what every single politician in this country is done, I'm all for it start with Trump and work your way down. That being said, don't just stop at Trump. Don't stop at your own party. don't you want to know all of the bad things that the people who say they represent you or doing? I mean in a weird way turning a blind eye to your own party makes you culpable. I just don't understand what is happening right now. We are more worried about Trump investigating Biden, then if Biden actually did anything.

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Until the text or the anonymous whistleblower back up there statements with more than, "trust me" it isn't proof, it's a conspiracy.

That is no different than any politician saying that they should check out the wrongdoings of their political opponents, especially when it involves other countries.

I'm not saying he didn't, I'm saying there's no definitive proof. Right now there's a whole bunch of he said she said and then nothing. At the very least there's nothing that would hold up in a court of law.

Uh, what? Text messages are absolutely admittable as evidence in a court of law. They literally have the text messages where the ambassador says he doesn't think its okay to withhold aid unless they help with political investigations.

And no, it is very different. That's why the Federal Election Commissioner made it a point of emphasis that you cant ask for investigations into political rivals from another nation. Twice she said this, once when Trump said in an interview he would accept dirt from a foreign nation on a political opponent, and then again when this stuff on Ukraine came out. You are literally asking them to interfere in our elections. 

Anyone defending Trump at this point loses all respect from me. It's irrefutable at this point. You can argue whatever you want, its there in black and white. And then he doubles down by asking them again on the White House lawn. He asked China and Ukraine to investigate the man most likely to be against him in the general election. How on earth can you possibly try to justify this at this point? The GOP can try to bend over backwards as much as they want. It's beyond belief anyone can look at that transcript, Trump's own words and those messages and somehow handwave it away. 

Romney has come around, finally. We just need 19 more GOP senators to grow a modicum of a spine to get this orange shit stain out of the WH.

14 minutes ago, Omerta said:

I don't know if it's lost in the shuffle, but that is something I have absolutely been wondering about more than anything else. Trump tapes the heat for trying to find out if Biden is corrupt. it would be one thing if he suggested planting evidence, to make the situation look like something it wasn't. But even if you believe the whistleblower, and it's kind of hard to at this juncture, then there is still something that we need to know about Joe Biden.

you mentioned Hillary is well, and I'm glad that somebody else is making this connection. She also had a vast amount of dirt on her, and we are worried about how Trump talks in a locker room.

I think that that guy is so low that you couldn't have him walk under a snake and it would not knock off his toupee. That said, I think it's interesting how Donald Trump is trying to find out the truth, albeit about a political opponent, and he's not doing it for altruistic purposes. That being said does nobody else want to know if Biden did anything wrong?

I mean if we want to find out what every single politician in this country is done, I'm all for it start with Trump and work your way down. That being said, don't just stop at Trump. Don't stop at your own party. don't you want to know all of the bad things that the people who say they represent you or doing? I mean in a weird way turning a blind eye to your own party makes you culpable. I just don't understand what is happening right now. We are more worried about Trump investigating Biden, then if Biden actually did anything.

Lmao, why is it hard to believe the whistleblower? Everything he has said has come out as true. 

We're worried about it because Trump cannot ask another country to investigate a political opponent. This is election fraud. He is soliciting them to interfere in our election process. If Biden did something corrupt, by all means go after him. There is zero evidence Joe Biden did anything wrong. Everyone in Europe wanted that prosecutor gone, a fact that is conveniently left out of the conspiracy bullshit peddled by the right wing. But even IF he did, and right now that's a giant fucking IF, Trump cannot go after him himself. How is that not common sense? You cannot ask a foreign country to investigate a political opponent. That is a crime. Its literally spelled out in black and white in the election code. 

Quote: "It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election." The mere fact that he asked them is illegal. Romney gets it. "Strains credulity" is an understatement, it's absolutely politically motivated. Trump is TERRIFIED of Biden. Whether he should be or not is a different story, but to Trump, Biden is the largest threat in the Democratic field. We've had these reports for a long time. It's why Trump went after Biden in tweets first.

D8-jw8WW4AErKk7?format=png&name=medium

Edited by Thanatos

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Our political and social climates are so interwoven now that truth bends to the will of the individual in question, and we're all guilty of it. The point at which our country progresses and improves is the point at which we rediscover what the word "truth" means.

^Interesting concept but I don't see any real revelation or obvious purpose. 

Edited by BwareDWare94

2 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Our political and social climates are so interwoven now that truth bends to the will of the individual in question, and we're all guilty of it. The point at which our country progresses and improves is the point at which we rediscover what the word "truth" means.

When one half the country believes a single guy who has lied more than 13,000 times since taking office is the sole arbitrator of what is right, I really don't know how to come back from that. I really thought this Ukraine thing would break quite a few of them off. Apparently they are truly in a cult.

3 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

When one half the country believes a single guy who has lied more than 13,000 times since taking office is the sole arbitrator of what is right, I really don't know how to come back from that. I really thought this Ukraine thing would break quite a few of them off. Apparently they are truly in a cult.

This Ukraine thing wouldn't bother most of us no matter who was President. It's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I'm not personally bothered by it, but I also wouldn't have been bothered if President Obama had done something similarly. This Ukraine thing was never going to swing people. What should have swung people away from him was Stormy Daniels, because extra-marital affairs (forget just Stormy--Trump has many) should bother every single morally centered and emotionally stable person on the planet. Trump's immorality is exactly why I didn't vote for him and won't vote for him, but I refused to vote for Hillary and barring a complete surprise, I'll likely also refuse to vote for the Democratic candidate in 2020.

To me, it's more important to have a better option to elect than it is to elect somebody other than Donald Trump. If Democrats provide a stomach-able, not absurdly radical about finances or social issues candidate, I'm in.

7 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

This Ukraine thing wouldn't bother most of us no matter who was President. It's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I'm not personally bothered by it, but I also wouldn't have been bothered if President Obama had done something similarly. This Ukraine thing was never going to swing people. What should have swung people away from him was Stormy Daniels, because extra-marital affairs (forget just Stormy--Trump has many) should bother every single morally centered and emotionally stable person on the planet. Trump's immorality is exactly why I didn't vote for him and won't vote for him, but I refused to vote for Hillary and barring a complete surprise, I'll likely also refuse to vote for the Democratic candidate in 2020.

To me, it's more important to have a better option to elect than it is to elect somebody other than Donald Trump. If Democrats provide a stomach-able, not absurdly radical about finances or social issues candidate, I'm in.

How is Donald Trump literally committing a crime not bothersome to you? How is Donald Trump inviting foreign nations to interfere in our elections not worrisome? Even beyond Trump, it sends the signal this type of shit is acceptable from here on out. 

Apparently he truly wasn't kidding when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and he wouldn't lose followers. This is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Thanatos

:shrug: Biden did something shady and Trump did something shady in response. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I'm not going to get all up in arms over it. Democrats are acting like Trump ran over Biden's dog and bragged about, for Christ's sake.

Moderate American voters are desensitized because these things get blown so far out of proportion.