Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

12 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

The video speaks for itself. J,ust because someone who isn't like or is of the opposition means very little than obviously they have motivation to spread it. Doesn't give Biden an excuse... U|nless you can prove that the video is doctored and spliced together... Uh... He's admitting to pressuring a foreign government. 

The fact that this went above Biden and was a problem by the Obama administration itself is heard... But again, isn't a valid excuse for asserting power over foreign governments like that. The fact that Biden didn't do anything or speak up and still hasn't makes him just as culpable.

You're doing exactly what you say you dislike about Trump voters. There's literally a video of Biden admitting to blackmailing the Ukrainian government... yet you say " there is literally no evidence Biden did anything wrong ". You're so laser focused on taking Trump down that you don't care how we have to get there. 

And that's exactly why Trump is winning re-election.

Sure, bud. Let's ignore the entire context surrounding everything Biden said, including the fact that the entirety of the EU had told Ukraine they would not be able to join if they didn't fire the prosecutor. Let's ignore the fact that even if Biden did exactly what you're saying, it's not legally wrong. Let's ignore the fact that he is not asking for dirt on a political opponent, which is absolutely a crime as laid out in the federal election code. 

If pressuring foreign governments is a crime, Trump is guilty fifteen times over. That's not the issue here. The issue here is what he wanted. If Biden did exactly as alleged, he got a prosecutor fired who was investigating corruption at his son's company. Trump asked foreign governments to interfere in our election. There is a massive difference. 

Look, I give no shits about Biden. He's not a great guy. I'm just tired of every time we bring up yet another crime Trump has committed, the right's only answer is whataboutism. But  her emails! But Biden did the same thing! When are we going to hold the man who has actually done all that and worse accountable? 

If I could flip a switch and send both Biden and Trump to jail, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And if Trump gets re-elected after being impeached and committing a crime, we're done as a country. Any future president can do whatever they want. 

12 hours ago, seanbrock said:

So the Obama admin was concerned with a corrupt prosecutor in the Ukraine but not the US funded and backed Yemeni genocide perpetrated by Saudi Arabia (started under Obama and Biden)? How about the fact that Obama's admin supported a neo-nazi takeover in the Ukraine? But sure, they were concerned about a corrupt prosecutor lol. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

Right because if they did one thing wrong regarding a country, clearly that means everything else they ever did in regards to any country must have had horrible motives. People are not pure evil and pure good Sean. I can't read that article, to be fair, because it wants me to remove adblock. But Ukraine is a complex situation as my previous post laid out.

22 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Right because if they did one thing wrong regarding a country, clearly that means everything else they ever did in regards to any country must have had horrible motives. People are not pure evil and pure good Sean. I can't read that article, to be fair, because it wants me to remove adblock. But Ukraine is a complex situation as my previous post laid out.

Regardless of which party is in office all you have to do is follow the money. US foreign policy is 100% about preserving the Empire and the supremacy of the US dollar/banking system. The US doesn't care how corrupt or how dictatorial a government is so long as they help the US accomplish those two things. Notice how we never call the Saudi Royal family brutal dictators. They're not a murderous "regime." The only motive behind US foreign policy is profit and domination as is the case with every hegemonic Empire in world history. 

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Sure, bud. Let's ignore the entire context surrounding everything Biden said, including the fact that the entirety of the EU had told Ukraine they would not be able to join if they didn't fire the prosecutor. Let's ignore the fact that even if Biden did exactly what you're saying, it's not legally wrong. Let's ignore the fact that he is not asking for dirt on a political opponent, which is absolutely a crime as laid out in the federal election code. 

If pressuring foreign governments is a crime, Trump is guilty fifteen times over. That's not the issue here. The issue here is what he wanted. If Biden did exactly as alleged, he got a prosecutor fired who was investigating corruption at his son's company. Trump asked foreign governments to interfere in our election. There is a massive difference. 

Look, I give no shits about Biden. He's not a great guy. I'm just tired of every time we bring up yet another crime Trump has committed, the right's only answer is whataboutism. But  her emails! But Biden did the same thing! When are we going to hold the man who has actually done all that and worse accountable? 

If I could flip a switch and send both Biden and Trump to jail, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And if Trump gets re-elected after being impeached and committing a crime, we're done as a country. Any future president can do whatever they want. 

I mean nobody here is really defending Trump... and there’s already impeachment proceedings going on. 

As far as I know, nobody is looking at Biden’s crimes. 

I think Presidents do mostly whatever they want anyway. Doesn’t make Trump doing it right but this is a lot more than a Trump problem. This is a systematic issue dating back forever pretty much. Ever since the country was founded, the Presidential power has been increased bit by bit. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I agree. It's inarguable that Trump is corrupt. This didn't start in 2016 though. Trump is so dumb and a lot of the people he brought in with him are so dumb that he's getting caught doing shit that is done all the time. Again, that's not to say that he shouldn't fry for being a corrupt piece of shit. He's been violating the emoluments clause since day fucking one. The real problem is the corruption of the system. Democrats don't want to address that because it's making them rich and famous too. It speaks to a disturbing lack of integrity within the party to give Biden a pass on this. Why haven't we seen a congressional investigation in regards to Epstein? That could definitely hurt Trump even if McConnell protected him from impeachment. I don't think I have to explain why that's gone away so quickly lol. I just can't understand how people think one side is fighting the good fight here lol. 

Edited by seanbrock

Epstein hasn't gone away at all. It's in the courts. It takes a long time sometimes.

14 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Epstein hasn't gone away at all. It's in the courts. It takes a long time sometimes.

You think it gets the coverage it deserves? As far as I know, Wenxer or Maxwell has given any testimony. Don't you think his "suicide" should be a little bit more of a scandal. I think Megan Markel gets more press lol.

14 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

You think it gets the coverage it deserves? As far as I know, Wenxer or Maxwell has given any testimony. Don't you think his "suicide" should be a little bit more of a scandal. I think Megan Markel gets more press lol.

She does. That said people don't want to hear about corruption unless it's about Trump. That's the problem. We know he is corrupt but if he can expose more corruption why is that bad ?

• Upvote 1

That I actually believe. I know a couple psyops guys who work in shit like that. One is an "editor" for the media and I don't speak to him anymore. We just drifted apart which is better anyway because I couldn't fuck with someone in the least useful profession in the world.

The other one is now working for a videogame company and never wrote code a day in his life lol. He is there for how those games effect the mind.

Edited by Omerta

Tulsi Gabbard fucking exposed Mayor Pete, the human talking point. Lol Every time she's on stage she exposes one of them.

Listening to Pete preach about artificial intelligence was kind of funny. Lots of echoes of Yang on that stage last night. He may be polling 5th or whatever but he is having an impact regardless . He was the only candidate on the debate not To attack another candidate or be attacked. 

what better way to heal a divided nation than that?

• Upvote 1

Warren has dropped 14 points in the latest Quinnipiac poll . Holy hell. 50% drop in a month isn’t good... lol 

The Democratic party is in shambles. Biden is still winning most aggregate polls, despite CLEARLY having dementia. 

Warren sunk herself. She put herself in an impossible spot. She either backtracks on a staple of her campaign or continues to sink with an economic policy average Joe KNEW wouldn't work.

Tulsi screwed Harris.

I'm not sure what to make of Buttigieg. His policies on guns I can live with. His stances on religious freedoms I don't like. His stance on paths to citizenship I like. Him encouraging immigration, I don't. I don't like him allowing women in combat roles. I like his stance on marijuana. So he is a candidate I'm 50-50 on but would not be mad about.

Democrats still don't want Bernie.

Yang and Gabbard are in the same boat. Yang is more liberal, Gabbard is more moderate. Neither have a shot but a strong showing could be parlayed into a cabinet position.

Clinton is killing the party but the egomaniacal cunt can't help herself 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, seanbrock said:

Mayor Pete is a fucking psychopath lol.

Why because gangs aren't domestic terrorists?

3 hours ago, Omerta said:

Why because gangs aren't domestic terrorists?

Yeah, instead of ending the drug war and addressing poverty, Let's further militarize our police force that's blowing people away on a daily basis.

45 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Yeah, instead of ending the drug war and addressing poverty, Let's further militarize our police force that's blowing people away on a daily basis.

Well I mean even if we ended the drug war, you think gangs just up and go away? Even if we legalized all drugs there would still be a black market.

And if a gangbanger dies...so? 

Edited by Omerta

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Well I mean even if we ended the drug war, you think gangs just up and go away? Even if we legalized all drugs there would still be a black market.

And if a gangbanger dies...so? 

Prohibition of alcohol, drugs and gambling and poverty are pretty much the reasons why organized crime exists. Do I think ending the drug war would be a magic bullet to end organized crime? No. Do I think it would be a much more effective solution than further militarizing the police force that apparently already Don't know the meaning of non lethal force despite having tasers, pepper spray and batons? You bet your sweet ass I do. Lol

Basic rule of combat meet force with force. When gangs start exploring non legal options, then yep, I'm with you. Until then, do what you gotta do.

And I'm not sure how effective it would be. The reason there isn't the anticipated boom in Canada and US started that have legalized some sorts of drugs, is because there is still a massive black markets and they are cheaper 

Edited by Omerta

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Basic rule of combat meet force with force.

If the enemy is applying the same basic rule -- doesn't that just lead to an infinite cycle of escalation and conflict?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

If the enemy is applying the same basic rule -- doesn't that just lead to an infinite cycle of escalation and conflict?

Not if you're better at it.

What's the alternative, get killed because you would rather use non lethal force to combat lethal force? Have people die on principle...yeah fuck that. 

What Mayor Pete is talking about is a solution for the area in which it's applied. These dumb shit gangbangers are just moronic dudes who aren't smart enough to do anything else. Using tactics that are tried and true among elite combat squads the world over might make for less bloody engagements. For the good guys anyway. 

You have 3 real options here. 

Leave the status quo and let the gangs do their thing, and let them keep recruiting the young people in those neighborhoods.

Wipe them out wholesale in certain areas, and make the world better. 

Try to compromise and have the gangs get to play the victim because we don't just let them do what they want.

And before we get on this poverty routine . Yeah sure let's accomplish the impossible and eliminate poverty. After that gangs will go away. Or human nature takes over and hands try to get richer. 

What's the solution here. Do nothing ? Send cops in with rubber guns? Not exactly a solution.

Edited by Omerta