Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

Bloomberg is the only one who has the money to keep going unless we see Biden get a bunch of big donors to give him a shot in the arm.

Obviously that depends on Biden's performance in two days. If he wins a state or two but it's a Sanders sweep, otherwise, I agree that he's in trouble. But in his favor he has all of the anti-Sanders Democratic donors, who will want to coalesce around one candidate post-Super Tuesday. It's obvious now Biden is that candidate.

We need some viral compilations of Biden's OBVIOUS dementia to be made ASAP lol. There is absolutely no way that he is capable of being president. If they keep up with the debates and there are less people talking on stage I think that will become more and more evident.

I don't think the moderates really wanted Biden... but black people just hated Mayor Pete too much. Going to be interesting to see how Bloomberg proceeds. Even though he has only won one state and didn't finish higher than 4th in the others... he still leads the popular vote going into Super Tuesday. That's pretty crazy.

US has ordered the beginning of the withdrawal of our troops from Afghanistan after Trump OK'd the peace deal with the Taliban. As long as we don't just end up moving them somewhere else, this is very good. 

It's nice having good news out of the Trump WH.

• Upvote 1

Klobuchar dropping out. Announces she will endorse Biden. All these moderates dropping out before ST can’t be a coincidence. The fix is in and Bernie is the target. 

23 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Klobuchar dropping out. Announces she will endorse Biden. All these moderates dropping out before ST can’t be a coincidence. The fix is in and Bernie is the target. 

I really dont think so. If they wanted to keep Bernie from the nod, their best bet would be for everyone to stay in and split the vote hard. If its just Bernie v Biden, I think he has far better odds of getting to a majority.

Obama STILL not endorsing Biden at this point- give him a bit after Amy's announcement- is a big issue. I get it when there's 10+ in the field, but now that its down to Biden v Bernie, you'd think he'd endorse someone. 

Can anyone say what exactly Biden is running on, other than "I'm not Trump?" What's his signature policy proposal? I just hear a lot of "He's a moderate." Okay, what does that mean in practice?

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

I really dont think so. If they wanted to keep Bernie from the nod, their best bet would be for everyone to stay in and split the vote hard. If its just Bernie v Biden, I think he has far better odds of getting to a majority.

Obama STILL not endorsing Biden at this point- give him a bit after Amy's announcement- is a big issue. I get it when there's 10+ in the field, but now that its down to Biden v Bernie, you'd think he'd endorse someone. 

Can anyone say what exactly Biden is running on, other than "I'm not Trump?" What's his signature policy proposal? I just hear a lot of "He's a moderate." Okay, what does that mean in practice?

I would assume most of these moderates are going directly to Biden. Warren is probably gonna be told to stay in and fracture Bernie’s base. 

I mean maybe Bernie can suck enough people away? Idk tho... he still would have had a commanding delegate lead with all the moderates in the race, thus this seams to be a no risk decision. 

Just weird that all these moderates decide to drop out together . And news is that Pete and Amy will both be announcing their endorsements tonight at a Biden rally. 

Seems too perfect to be a coincidence. We will see how the voters react and align tomorrow though. 

The Democratic establishment wanted Buttegeig and Klobuchar to drop out before Super Tuesday and endorse BIden.

Neither Buttegeig nor Klobuchar had a path to the nomination and dropping out was simply the right thing to do.

Both of the above can be true.

Get ready for some shenannigans because the establishment will pull out all the stops. Regardless of how you feel about Bernie, how would you feel if the nomination is just flat out stolen from him @SteVo @DalaiLama4Ever?

Depends what you mean by "stolen." If nobody gets a majority of delegates and it goes to a contested convention, that sucks, but them's the rules. If the DNC pulls out the obvious corruption like they did in 2016, the party will fracture, Trump will win re-election in a cakewalk, and the Democrats will deserve every bit of it.

13 minutes ago, SteVo said:

Depends what you mean by "stolen." If nobody gets a majority of delegates and it goes to a contested convention, that sucks, but them's the rules. If the DNC pulls out the obvious corruption like they did in 2016, the party will fracture, Trump will win re-election in a cakewalk, and the Democrats will deserve every bit of it.

Agreed, democracy is overrated. lol

I don’t know what you want me to say. But I wouldn’t be surprised. They literally rigged their nominating process for Hillary. That was outrageous. I’d say the same if it happened again. 

Also, isn’t it crazy that the non-racist political party has narrowed their field to three rich old straight white men? Kappa.

Oh how the tables have turned. Lol 

The Democrats are an extremely racist party. Less so than Republicans but that's like saying my farts smell better than your farts or something like that lol. 

NOTHING has changed since then. Democrats have just become more disingenuous. Also, if you support colonialism. You support white supremacy. If you try to actively suppress the vote in your primary because it would benefit somebody you don't like, that is racist. 

Edited by seanbrock

Beto joins the Biden endorsement train 

Dude... Bernie looks beaten tonight... lol. Maybe he has caronavirus or something but he looks annoyed and beaten down. 

Edit:

Trump just called on the (Dem) House to propose a middle class tax cut. 

Trump is talking more and more my language every day 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Not sure if i buy into the whole carona virus scare thing but if it turns out to be real, i'm going to kind of (really*) enjoy all the people who don't think health care or a living wage is a rignt getting infected by the people who can't afford the test, vaccine or the days off of work. I mean, i'm not religious or anything but God damn if that doesn't sound like devine retribution lol.

It doesn’t seem t be as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. Those who need to be weary are the elderly and anyone else who may already be sick or have a compromised immune system. 

Even though the number of cases is increasing the mortality rate keeps dropping ( last I checked it was just under 1.5%) . More people die from influenza... more veterans commit suicide every day.

Not saying there shouldn’t be a response, because I like seeing the mobilization And the fact that we are prepared. 

But I also think half the deaths here in the US have been at one senior care center in Washington. 

Yeah, to me it seems to be a fear mongering campaign but still lol.

This to me just defies logic. Bernie has a way better ground game than Biden. He has an army of volunteers knocking on doors and making phone calls for him in every state. Biden was fucking road kill a month ago. It takes an astounding amount of niavate to believe that there isn't massive levels of voter fraud and other kinds of games to have Biden leading in so many states. He's being hidden as much as possible on the campaign trail because of his obvious dimentia while Bernie is speaking to crowds in the thousands everyday wherever he goes. If people just accept this...idk man.

I think the biggest problem Bernie is facing now is probably Bloomberg. Bloomberg is doing OK ish in a couple states... and he has said multiple times that if it doesn't work out for him he will, on a dime, swap all of his staff to the nominee. 

Politically.... Bernie couldn't actually accept Bloomberg's help could he? I mean... he could, but I don't know how that would go over. Biden will take him on in a second... and all of a sudden Biden's campaign is flooded with staff that he doesn't really have right now. If Bloomberg drops out even relatively soon, he may not wait for the nominee (because Bernie doesn't want his help) and push all in for Joe.... 

Idk how the super delegates look right now, but it could be rough for the Bern.

Bernie must have really dominated California because nowhere in the country is the Democratic machine more powerful or more corrupt lol.

6 hours ago, seanbrock said:

This to me just defies logic. Bernie has a way better ground game than Biden. He has an army of volunteers knocking on doors and making phone calls for him in every state. Biden was fucking road kill a month ago. It takes an astounding amount of niavate to believe that there isn't massive levels of voter fraud and other kinds of games to have Biden leading in so many states. He's being hidden as much as possible on the campaign trail because of his obvious dimentia while Bernie is speaking to crowds in the thousands everyday wherever he goes. If people just accept this...idk man.

The inability to accept defeat and instead turn to conspiracy theories is everything that is wrong with Bernie's supporters, both in 2016 and in 2020. Not that they don't have some reason to think there are issues, but to claim widespread voter fraud is Trumpian, and has been disproven in so many ways beyond counting. Widespread voter fraud does not exist. Just because the country differs with you- and with me, on this one, I would far rather have Bernie than Biden- does not mean there is some sort of conspiracy going on here. 

If Biden wins it outright, then I'm okay with that. I was more concerned Bernie would have a plurality and the DNC would steal it from him. Sanders not being in the lead here is shocking and disappointing. 

Biden vs Trump is just another ho-hum neither one of these people are going to be really any good for this country. Yay.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

It doesn’t seem t be as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. Those who need to be weary are the elderly and anyone else who may already be sick or have a compromised immune system. 

Even though the number of cases is increasing the mortality rate keeps dropping ( last I checked it was just under 1.5%) . More people die from influenza... more veterans commit suicide every day.

Not saying there shouldn’t be a response, because I like seeing the mobilization And the fact that we are prepared. 

But I also think half the deaths here in the US have been at one senior care center in Washington. 

The issue is with the infectious rate. There is going to be an outbreak in the US, its inevitable at this point. The question is how bad.

The best way we've been told to describe it is : Alert, not anxious. Don't fool around with symptoms if you're in an area that is in the zone. But don't panic, either, anyone who isn't immuno-compromised will almost certainly be fine.

You're right, the flu kills more people. At the moment. The MDs are worried about a potential mutation to make it more lethal. 

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

The inability to accept defeat and instead turn to conspiracy theories is everything that is wrong with Bernie's supporters, both in 2016 and in 2020. Not that they don't have some reason to think there are issues, but to claim widespread voter fraud is Trumpian, and has been disproven in so many ways beyond counting. Widespread voter fraud does not exist. Just because the country differs with you- and with me, on this one, I would far rather have Bernie than Biden- does not mean there is some sort of conspiracy going on here. 

If Biden wins it outright, then I'm okay with that. I was more concerned Bernie would have a plurality and the DNC would steal it from him. Sanders not being in the lead here is shocking and disappointing. 

Biden vs Trump is just another ho-hum neither one of these people are going to be really any good for this country. Yay.

He just crushed his record for donations in a month with 45 million. 350,000 new donations. Get your head out of the sand, man.