Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

No, the strategy is to get more progressives into office.

Also, the President of the US is suggesting we look into injecting ourselves with disinfectant. And other nutso things.EWVRe25UwAEggXa?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Thanatos

So they can bend the knee to Pelosi and Schumer while we send them more of our money?  They don't have the courage to call out party leadership because they're afraid of not getting on a good committee? Well what has that gotten them? Remember when like 5 people from the Freedom Caucus held congress hostage? Lol let me give a sports analogy here. In what sport are you successful playing scared? What do you ever accomplish in anything by acting out of fear? They couldn't even try to force an actual vote just to make sure there was some accountability because they're scared of optics I guess but the thing about optics is that they change. Remember how popular the Iraq war was innitially? How does it look for those who just went along with it now? This stimulus bill wasn't just a bad vote or a mistake. This is the largest transfer of wealth in the history of the country from the bottom and the middle to the tippy top and the only "resistance" they could muster was meaningless, grandstanding speeches and twitter posts after the fact. The funny thing is that the Republicans are still saying Dems held up the bill and they're still deficit hawking and calling us Commies. Lololololol

19 hours ago, Thanatos said:

No, the strategy is to get more progressives into office.

Also, the President of the US is suggesting we look into injecting ourselves with disinfectant. And other nutso things.EWVRe25UwAEggXa?format=jpg&name=large

382DDB78-60FB-4BA2-9001-43F82D410163.jpeg

So its liberals that are causing the spike in poison control center calls over drinking disinfectant? That makes total sense. It's his own followers who are going to get hurt over this. 

Your best defense is "Yeah what he said was really stupid, but he didn't tell anyone to do it on their own. Dumb liberal." You don't spitball ideas at a press conference with millions of people watching. You don't do this shit. He did with hydroxychloroquine which we now think is not effective against the virus. In fact, it may increase mortality rate. None of this is taken out of context. 

Even Fox is hitting him on this. First he lies and says its sarcasm, and then he says the media made it seem like he's addressing Dr. Birx. Who he's talking to doesn't really matter. It's where the conversation is taking place that is the problem.

Just proves once again that Trump's following is akin to a cult. No matter what he says or does, yall cultists defend it. He can literally do no wrong. He can suggest looking into injecting disinfectant and yall absolute fucking morons somehow find a way to spin it so that the media is the bad guy here.

"Nothing infuriates a Trump supporter more than quoting his own words to them."

And on that note, here, have the press conference. See for yourself. He does talk about this, this isn't spin or putting words in his mouth. He's spitballing random thoughts with millions of people watching. That is irresponsible and dangerous.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Haha 1

Lmao Rudy: 

Trump was President in 2017, lolol.

The man is degenerating in broad daylight. Is this also media spin?

EWkKuHMWkAADh4W?format=jpg&name=small

He then follows this up by claiming the Nobel prize is actually spelled Noble and it wasn't a spelling error:

Edited by Thanatos

If you think about it, Joe Biden is the perfect representation of the democratic party. An old, declining, empty husk controlled by lobbyists and think tanks. He's a hired con artist selling the American people the biggest con of all, the illusion of choice and democracy that currently exists in this country. The only choice on the ballot is corporate power. 

Justin Amash is exploring potential to run for President as a Libertarian. Phew... thought I might have to vote for Trump for a second there.

I'll say this. Beware of MKultra Pete. If Biden drops out and it's handed to him, i guarantee you he and silicon valley will expand the surveillance state in terrifying ways. 

Oh please. Just stop, sean.

Biden is far worse. I can't believe the Dems really think this guy is going to beat Trump. Another accuser has come forward now, saying he told her she was "well-endowed for a 14 year old." This sleazeball is really the best you got? : https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

Where did you hear the Biden dropping out stuff though Sean? I think they'd stuff his corpse and prop him up in a chair with like sunglasses and a hat before dropping out at this point.Pete was getting like negative approval from black voters. You can't win as a Democrat if you can't get the black vote. But I couldn't vote for him. I didn't dislike Pete at first, but he's a slave to corporate interests. yes, most of them are... but he seems too much like plant to me lol.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:12 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Justin Amash is exploring potential to run for President as a Libertarian. Phew... thought I might have to vote for Trump for a second there.

Greens, Libertarians and other people running for a 3rd party should hold an election betweem them and like we used to do to select a president have the winner on top of the ticket with the runner up as VP. We have to turn out and unite people who are outside of the political system. We need to form coalitions because the elite are in lockstep regardless of party.

I've done some looking into the polls and such, and Biden is holding steady at +6.3. I'm beginning to wonder if people are just so sick of Trump and his circus that they're gonna vote for the Dementia Dude anyway. Normally that's not a winning path, but there is no way on earth Biden wins the popular by 6 points and loses the election. Anything north of +3 makes it exceptionally difficult for Trump to win.

The debates might be the thing that kills Biden, but if covid is still going strong, if there's no crowd to feed on, I see Biden doing much better than he usually would. 

If Biden picks a strong VP candidate, I think he likely wins at this point. Trump's push to re-open is going to have disastrous results. The accusations are still a problem, but the previous one that I posted- despite being verified by six people who were willing to be named sources- has been proven false, Biden did not attend said event, he was recovering from a hospital procedure. And it simply may not matter to most people in the long run.

Edited by Thanatos

I still expect plenty of fluctuation in the polls between now and the fall, but I'm definitely comfortable decreasing Trump's status from "firm favorite" to "weak favorite." I agree that the aggressive re-opening will likely make him look bad, though I also agree Biden's VP choice is pivotal, since she will be the Democratic nominee in '24 should Biden win. I see no way an 82-year-old Biden runs for re-election.

I haven't looked at any numbers but I expect the economy to start really ramping up in June...and that's what Trump is going to win or lose on. I don't think rushing the country back open is going to hurt him 6 months from now unless we really do sink economically. Biden doesn't energize the remaining Bernie bros, Dems historically not turning out as much as they should. Then they  have a couple of debates, where Biden is going to look like a corpse? I still expect Trump to win going away until further notice.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

We will sink economically when Trump's insistence on re-opening early kills another 100k people. His own admin's numbers are projecting 3k deaths a day by June. The economy is not being stopped by a lockdown, it's being stopped by a pandemic. Second wave hits in September after it fades a bit during summer- assuming it acts like the flu here, which is admittedly a large assumption at this point- Trump loses any momentum he had going for him, the economy gets even worse- which is literally the only argument Trump has for anyone not a part of his cult- and thus, he loses.

Edited by Thanatos

13 hours ago, Thanatos said:

We will sink economically when Trump's insistence on re-opening early kills another 100k people. His own admin's numbers are projecting 3k deaths a day by June. The economy is not being stopped by a lockdown, it's being stopped by a pandemic. Second wave hits in September after it fades a bit during summer- assuming it acts like the flu here, which is admittedly a large assumption at this point- Trump loses any momentum he had going for him, the economy gets even worse- which is literally the only argument Trump has for anyone not a part of his cult- and thus, he loses.

Maybe. I don't think it's for certain any projections are going to be true. Mainly because nobody really knows much about this virus, still. And with the fluctuating policies, it's literally impossible to know how many people are going to die. One of the projections I was looking at says 160k deaths by August 4th. But they caveat that by saying there's a range of 99k-266k. The US surpassed projections of 72k deaths DURING lockdown, so... I really don't trust them at this point. We won't know what the total is until it's done.

Plus, New York came out and said like 80% of the new cases they are getting are people staying home... I was reading too that some studies are asking for another 4 months of lockdown...  Another study says 95% of America could still be at risk... which directly conflicts with another study that shows way more Americans have the antibodies already. 

Again, point being nobody really knows what's going on. 

17 hours ago, Thanatos said:

His own admin numbers? Sure about that, bud? Dude, I can't with you lol. You are such a liberal puppet and the scary thing is you don't even realize it. You take almost everything the MSM says/portrays to heart. You're also taking all these projections and COVID-19 death numbers to heart as well. If you don't think the numbers are being drastically inflated, then I have a bridge to sell you. I bet you also believe the numbers out of China that only 4000 people died in a country that has a pop of 1.3b LMFAO. You've probably eaten up the left fueled narrative that China thrived with their COVID response and Trump failed the US miserably. Correct? 

The economy and the American worker are being sunk by leftist politicians. You don't realize it since you've been throughly brain washed through the MSM, and all your thinking is warped from hysteria, projections, death toll numbers, etc. But fuck the working man, working families, people that have built businesses from the ground up, people that need to put food on the table for their family... fuck them yeah? The longer this continues the more disastrous the fallout will be. There'll be suicides, people dying from starvation, people losing their homes, small businesses never to recover again... of course Thanatos and the Left will say "But we FLATTENED THE CURVE!!!! We SAVED LIVES by staying home!!!! Our government and politicians are just looking out for our safety!!!

34FE86F9-3741-4F93-8414-6DE3226F112C.jpeg

Sorry DJT but you've been just as thoroughly brainwashed by outlets that cater to your beliefs.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, DJT20 said:

His own admin numbers? Sure about that, bud? Dude, I can't with you lol. You are such a liberal puppet and the scary thing is you don't even realize it. You take almost everything the MSM says/portrays to heart. You're also taking all these projections and COVID-19 death numbers to heart as well. If you don't think the numbers are being drastically inflated, then I have a bridge to sell you. I bet you also believe the numbers out of China that only 4000 people died in a country that has a pop of 1.3b LMFAO. You've probably eaten up the left fueled narrative that China thrived with their COVID response and Trump failed the US miserably. Correct? 

The economy and the American worker are being sunk by leftist politicians. You don't realize it since you've been throughly brain washed through the MSM, and all your thinking is warped from hysteria, projections, death toll numbers, etc. But fuck the working man, working families, people that have built businesses from the ground up, people that need to put food on the table for their family... fuck them yeah? The longer this continues the more disastrous the fallout will be. There'll be suicides, people dying from starvation, people losing their homes, small businesses never to recover again... of course Thanatos and the Left will say "But we FLATTENED THE CURVE!!!! We SAVED LIVES by staying home!!!! Our government and politicians are just looking out for our safety!!!

So a couple of things here.

1) Yes, it was numbers from his administration. The admin had asked them to run the numbers and this was his preliminary report, as I understand it. As it turns out, they were incomplete projections, which is why 538 tore them apart. The fact remains that health experts are united in saying that if we re-open, the death rate will increase dramatically. Yes there is an economic cost to remaining closed. I'll address that later.

2) I happen to think that, until a few weeks ago, Trump had done about as well as can be expected. I did say earlier in this thread that if he held the death total to 100k that would be a victory. I stand by that. It won't happen if we re-open. I say "until a few weeks ago" because of his apparently wanting to shut down the task force. Sure, he was being his usual asshole self on twitter and in press conferences, but with the exception of shooting shit off the wall like injecting ourselves with disinfectant- still dumb as hell, btw- his actions were decent to good in terms of his response.

3) The idea that the death numbers are being inflated is crazy talk pushed by literal conspiracy theorists. If anything, they are being under-reported. 

4) China's response was godawful and I'm far more inclined to believe the 800k deaths figure pushed by the rebel group that took over the news station a few weeks back. They ignored the first doctor's warning. They kicked out foreign media and all of a sudden they were fine! The fact that China reported zero deaths from Wuhan is grounds enough for disqualifying any of their "experts". As a sidenote, it is completely possible to believe both Trump and China botched the response. Just pointing that out.

5) The economy is not going to recover by letting restaurants re-open at 25% capacity. Not sure if you've ever worked in a restaurant (I have) but they don't make too much profit, generally speaking. Re-opening at 25% capacity is a loss in revenue. People will not go out in the numbers needed to fix the economy. This is solely about Trump's re-election chances. If the economy remains in lockdown, he's not going to win and he knows it.

6) The two options are not "lockdown until a vaccine and let everyone go broke" or "re-open and let 3-5% die in order to save the economy." This nation is the richest and most powerful nation on the planet. We can absolutely provide a basic income for those who need it to survive, especially if we stop bailing out big companies. Some of whom are saying that if it comes with government control until they pay it back, they don't want it anymore. Guess they didn't really need it after all.

Sure, the billionaires and millionaires will lose a lot of money, but they will make it all back and more at the end of this. But UBI for the average American would prevent the necessity- and I agree it will become one shortly if it hasn't already- for the average person of choosing between re-opening and getting kicked out of their home or losing their livelihood. Mnuchin claiming that $1200 will last the average person four months is a fucking joke.  

There is no great choice here. But there is a clearly better alternative than the two extremes you talk about. 

Edited by Thanatos

On 5/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Maybe. I don't think it's for certain any projections are going to be true. Mainly because nobody really knows much about this virus, still. And with the fluctuating policies, it's literally impossible to know how many people are going to die. One of the projections I was looking at says 160k deaths by August 4th. But they caveat that by saying there's a range of 99k-266k. The US surpassed projections of 72k deaths DURING lockdown, so... I really don't trust them at this point. We won't know what the total is until it's done.

Plus, New York came out and said like 80% of the new cases they are getting are people staying home... I was reading too that some studies are asking for another 4 months of lockdown...  Another study says 95% of America could still be at risk... which directly conflicts with another study that shows way more Americans have the antibodies already. 

Again, point being nobody really knows what's going on. 

You miss the point of the lockdown. Of course the majority of new cases are people staying at home if people are in lockdown. No one is suggesting- at least no one at the top- that locking down prevents the disease, in the end, from spreading. It slows it down drastically, which allows hospitals to not get overwhelmed.

As someone put it "Re-opening doesn't mean the danger is passed. It means they have room for you in the ICU."

Of course there's a range. It's impossible to narrow down how many people are vulnerable, how many will get it, etc. This is all educated guesswork. The studies you are talking about do not contradict each other. We're unsure that antibodies grant immunity to this one, that's the whole problem. We need more time to study this. Re-opening now is a horrific idea. You are gambling with hundreds of thousands of lives.

Edited by Thanatos

Have they slowed down though? Like I said I haven't really looked in depth into the numbers pre and post lockdown. I am not saying it doesn't help at all. You would assume with less contact, that less people would get it. But as I mentioned previously, New Yorkers are still getting it at large rates in lockdown and so are most other places. Scientifically, I haven't seen a model that says.. "lockdown slows the spread by 75%" (made up number) or whatever.

And tbh, I actually hate that quote. If lockdown doesn't mean the danger is passing, that makes me believe we're all getting it anyway. Which means we are just prolonging it's stay here. Obviously we don't want to overwhelm the ICUs, but I think that then supports a soft reopening. Iowa had one of the worst hospitalization rates in the country for COVID a few weeks ago, and thus we were projected to be over capacity in hospitals like April 21st or something. We never locked down, and that capacity issue never happened. 

New York projected they were gonna need like 150,000 beds... they've used less than 20,000 last I checked. Also, finding current numbers isn't going great for me right now. Like 4 or 5 pages into googles results without anything close to current, ha. Granted, they were/are in lock down... but that's a far cry from hospital beds being in actual shortage. 

Sounds like soft reopening. Let's goooooooo.

Trump wins.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Have they slowed down though? Like I said I haven't really looked in depth into the numbers pre and post lockdown. I am not saying it doesn't help at all. You would assume with less contact, that less people would get it. But as I mentioned previously, New Yorkers are still getting it at large rates in lockdown and so are most other places. Scientifically, I haven't seen a model that says.. "lockdown slows the spread by 75%" (made up number) or whatever.

And tbh, I actually hate that quote. If lockdown doesn't mean the danger is passing, that makes me believe we're all getting it anyway. Which means we are just prolonging it's stay here. Obviously we don't want to overwhelm the ICUs, but I think that then supports a soft reopening. Iowa had one of the worst hospitalization rates in the country for COVID a few weeks ago, and thus we were projected to be over capacity in hospitals like April 21st or something. We never locked down, and that capacity issue never happened. 

New York projected they were gonna need like 150,000 beds... they've used less than 20,000 last I checked. Also, finding current numbers isn't going great for me right now. Like 4 or 5 pages into googles results without anything close to current, ha. Granted, they were/are in lock down... but that's a far cry from hospital beds being in actual shortage. 

Sounds like soft reopening. Let's goooooooo.

Indiana just had more cases and deaths this week than last. Not the time for re-opening. In a sense, yes, we are prolonging its stay here, but we're just spreading it out. We could certainly just re-open and let what happens, happen, but you're gonna have to be okay with a lot of deaths.

The article I am reading says they did 6,000 tests in the last 24 hours and had 650 positives. 11% positive ... when the state average since the beginning is 16%. 

To me, that is numbers going down. You can't just look at the total number and use that to fear monger, I feel like that is really dishonest tactic by the media and people in general. They are doing and saying the same thing about Texas when they've, IIRC, more than doubled their testing capabilities. When you are exponentially increasing testing -- yes... total numbers are going to rise faster. Hospital capacity is also, still fine and "steady" in Indiana. Only 15% of ICU are taken by covid patients... still 40% empty... only 20% of ventilators in use... 

If you're increased testing. Reporting larger numbers of positives. And the hospitals are still where they were yesterday or last week... Again, I feel like that's positive.

Leave Blank To Use URL