Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

No, because the tests are opening up to more people. Before, you had to have a very specific set of circumstances to get tested. Now that we are opening up testing to even more people, the % is going to fall while the numbers themselves rise.

It's certainly more complicated than what it might seem on the face of things, for sure.

I mean... I see what you’re saying about the testing being less restrictive but at the very most I’d call that a wash. 

If the idea is to “stretch this out” or whatever it was you said last page, it’s working and so far the states that have reopened haven’t seen an insane backlash (looking at hospital data). Hospitals are doing much better than any expert figured, with or without closures and shutdowns . 

It’s almost worked too well on that regard. If we’re just stretching this out to be sure those hospitals can function, I think that too warrants reopening. Even in New York, the US epicenter of the disease, they’re doing fine. They had all these makeshift and emergency overflow “hospitals” that are by and large completely useless and empty other than for a few people who see it more as a convenience (if they’re closer than a hospital) than a necessity. 

Also... I think it’s.... Missouri ? That’s the first state to allow social gatherings for like concerts and shows. Still have to follow social distancing but I don’t think it’s gonna be long before more states follow suit 

The idea is to hold the status quo for 30 more days and pray to whatever god you prefer summer does to corona what it does to the flu. If it doesn't we are fucked. If it does we have two to three months to prepare for the second wave.

Biden's such an idiot lol. 

I will point out Trump said basically the same thing about Jews being loyal and not a peep from the same people crowing about this... but Biden's still an idiot. The Dems need to offer us more than just "Im not Trump."

20 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Biden's such an idiot lol. 

I will point out Trump said basically the same thing about Jews being loyal and not a peep from the same people crowing about this... but Biden's still an idiot. The Dems need to offer us more than just "Im not Trump."

He can't even claim he's not Trump when he keeps doing the same things as him lol. (But I get what you're saying and totally agree). 

Also... Not related but Libertarians nominated Jo Jorgensen to run for President. Less this year than any other election I have taken part in -- I was really trying to throw my eggs in the party (Dem). Obviously that failed and I have done so little research on these other candidates. I will have to start watching more of her and whoever the green party nominated (sometime in July IIRC). 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

He can't even claim he's not Trump when he keeps doing the same things as him lol. (But I get what you're saying and totally agree). 

Also... Not related but Libertarians nominated Jo Jorgensen to run for President. Less this year than any other election I have taken part in -- I was really trying to throw my eggs in the party (Dem). Obviously that failed and I have done so little research on these other candidates. I will have to start watching more of her and whoever the green party nominated (sometime in July IIRC). 

Agreed. Honestly the Dems best strategy is to keep him locked in his room for the next six months. Whatever excuses they come up with will be better than him sticking his foot down his throat over and over again.

Also key for Biden is his VP pick because whoever it is, should Biden win, becomes the nominee in 2024. Biden is only serving one term.

Yes, I know we've mentioned this but it's worth saying again.

• Upvote 1

Oh yes, that reminds. A few days old now, but the Biden campaign allegedly officially requested to vet Amy Klobuchar for VP -- she agreed. rep. Val Demings of Florida also agreed to be vetted as did New Mexico governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.  Senator Jeanne Shaheen of NH declined when asked. Tammy Duckworth will first interview with Biden's team as will Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer. 

Mostly names we kinda already knew, but the confirmations are officially there. 

6 hours ago, SteVo said:

Also key for Biden is his VP pick because whoever it is, should Biden win, becomes the nominee in 2024. Biden is only serving one term.

Yes, I know we've mentioned this but it's worth saying again.

I disagree with this. He will at least try to serve two, IMO.

I would agree with Stevo here. He's being used as a conduit. I think the idea is to use Biden to garner more support for other potential candidates in future years. None of the other candidates who ran this cycle blew people away. Some because they just sucked, others because they just weren't well known enough coming in. Getting work in during the administration, in their mind, would hopefully try to transfer that popularity to future wins. 

The black vote is what saved and sealed this nomination for Biden...Nobody else was even really close. Dems need to build support among blacks for these other potential candidates in 2024.Perfect opportunity for VP -- especially because whoever the VP is going to be will very likely have a much more open and active role than we have seen in recent history.

I think "conduit" is the right word. For the Dems, this election isn't really about Joe Biden becoming President (sorry, Joe). It's just about getting a more stable, liberal guy in the Oval Office who isn't Donald Trump. And perhaps also as a transition to expand the far-left policies, but that will take some time.

Another black dude just murdered by police, the President is tweeting conspiracy theories about an NBC host murdering a staffer despite the dead woman's husband begging him to stop, and Twitter is now apparently fact checking the President's lies in real time.

Oh and btw, we're still in the middle of a global pandemic that just saw spikes in 3 states that opened up two weeks ago. Exactly as predicted.

We're in a crazy time.

Trump got fake news removed from twitter and his press secretary said he's going to make a big move against the tech giants / social media. This should be fun.

3 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Trump got fake news removed from twitter and his press secretary said he's going to make a big move against the tech giants / social media. This should be fun.

It wasn't removed, that's what he keeps saying, is that he got censored. They left the tweet up, they just put a disclaimer underneath it linking to proof he was lying. I don't think Trump has a leg to stand on here. The president has no authority over twitter. If he does anything, Jack could just kick him off the platform entirely if he wanted to. Trump's been allowed to lie with no consequences for his entire presidency,. About time twitter started doing this.

Jack said it was because his tweet was misleading about an election, as people might erroneously think they were going to get a ballot no matter what, (in CA), when only registered voters were. So it still wasnt about Trump lying about mail in ballots not being secure (they are), and that voter fraud is a huge worry, (its not). This is about the GOP going full on suppress the vote, since they know its really the only way they win at this point.

Edited by Thanatos

Trump is such a selfish crybaby. Mark Cuban said it best: he's the most powerful person in the world, and he's always playing the victim card. Loser.

2 hours ago, SteVo said:

Trump is such a selfish crybaby. Mark Cuban said it best: he's the most powerful person in the world, and he's always playing the victim card. Loser.

Mark Zuckerberg came out and said that social media companies shouldn’t be the arbiter of truth. Kissing some ass so Facebook may escape penalty lol 

• Upvote 1

5F80B84E-9738-4242-BE01-ED6060047EA4.thumb.jpeg.5e02e3bea6ffdb303368caeffe2ffe28.jpeg

The leader of twitter integrity. Definitely no bias or agenda here, guys. LMFAOOOOOOO.

Let me guess, this guy is somewhere between 25-30? God, I hate this millennial generation so much. For the large majority of this generation, everything needs to be said in a sugar coated manner and PC to the extreme. God forbid, some hard truth is told, millennials curl up into a ball and have a meltdown. Bunch of fucking cunts that have no work ethic and want everything handed to them. No wonder why so many millennials are lockdown lovers... the outside world is dangerous when there's an additional $600 kicker in unemployment. Milk as much from the government while sitting home all day playing video games. Pussies. 

Let the country burn. Burn it to the ground.

Don't allow fear and uncertainty to trick you into clamoring for corporate fascists like facebook, twitter and Google to deny you of your agency. They use despicable people like Alex Jones and Donald Trump to manufacture consent so that they can de-platform the left...the real left. Not the Neo-Liberal left. The real targets of censorship are always those who threaten corporate power. The purpose and in the fact legal responsibility of these organizations is to rape and exploit everyone that you know and love...everyone that they can in order to maximize their quarterly profits. Always start with that universal truism and work backwards when analyzing their behavior. Don't be fooled by their virtue signaling. 

Twitter and facebook are trying to be cautious with Trump because they're facing ant-trust suits atm and all Trump has to do is enforce the laws that are already on the books. Obviously he doesn't want to do that because he's in favor of monopolies and authoritarianism. I guarantee you that he's trying to leverage that fact against them so that he can have some sway on what's said and what's censored on social media platforms. Seems like you guys are all way off the mark here. Sometimes censorship isn't overt. If you disagree, come back to me when posts on social media are "fact checked" by representatives of the healthcare industry. lolololololololololololol

Edited by seanbrock

A lot of people criticizing the riots also claim to want a revolution. Elections are rigged. Media is owned by the same people that looted the treasury for trillions of dollars. What did they do to the peaceful protesters who wanted clean water in North Dakota? What did they do to Occupy Wallstreet protesters? How much news coverage did striking workers get during covid. How did people react to Colin Kaepernick's peaceful demonstration? Revolutions aren't nice. They aren't peaceful. POWER CEDES NOTHING WITHOUT DEMAND.

It's too bad people can't protest police brutality peacefully like, for instance, kneeling during the national anthem. I'm sure that would lead to reasonable discourse and effective change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1