Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

I would also like him to post such a list. I think it was a good idea when Trump did it, and I think Biden should do so as well. People would prefer a Biden judge because Trump is going to appoint someone who is will try to take out Roe and the ACA. 

Again. what evidence is there of this? All indicators say it's going to be Amy Coney Barrett, staunch pro lifer... who is also quoted as saying that abortion is a womans right. Roe isn't being overturned regardless of what the propaganda says. And the ACA is massively flawed. We need something better. Plus, Trump also promised to repeal the ACA like 4 years ago. Not convinced this is happening either but I would give it a better chance than Roe.

The guy has one assault allegation against him that was pretty thoroughly investigated and found to be nothing. Trump has 26. 

Calling Harris evil is way off the mark. Sure she's fucked up a lot and she wouldn't have been my pick, but acting like she's evil is way over the line. Trump is evil. Harris is a politician.

None of that really matters. Again, our democracy is at stake. Biden is not my first or second or third choice. He's still the only choice right now. There will nothing left to fix if you give Trump and the GOP four more years.

Trump is gross. Again, we're not going to disagree on too much if you just want to bash Trump. lol. It doesn't excuse Biden's creepiness. Just because Trump is more of a creep, doesn't mean Joe gets a pass. It's actually kind of gross to me that it's shrugged off so easily. 

Harris is 100% evil. She deliberately withheld evidence that would free an innocent man because it would make her look bad. That's pure fucking evil and not just politics. She threatened parents of truant kids with prison. LMAO. Fuck her. I want her nowhere near the White House or in on any decision making when it comes to criminal justice. She is corrupt, she has no moral character worth defending. She is a disgusting human being. 

I'd love proof that the Dems rigged the primaries. I suppose I have less confidence in the Dem base than you do, because I absolutely believe they voted for Biden. The Green Party is a threat to the Dems, because they draw 2-3% of voters that would vote otherwise. We need a fundamental change of the system to have more parties.

I posted the video of Democratic voter suppression earlier. Feel free to watch. And you are right, we do need more parties, which is exactly why Democrats fighting so hard to suppress those voters is one of the most anti-democratic things that can be done. It's very similar to how hard the GOP fights Libertarians. It's disgusting. Stop rigging fucking elections. 

He's absolutely nothing like Trump, that is downright ridiculous. Biden, at the very least, takes COVID seriously and will listen to the science. Trump actively denies science and mocks people for wearing masks.

Biden is OK with science that agrees with him and his motives. I haven't heard him tell people to go outside or take Vitamin D, both of which have gone under clinical studies to show that A) sunlight inactivates the virus and B) Having sufficient levels of Vitamin D can both significantly hinder getting the virus and significantly increase your chance of not going to the ICU after contracting it. Again, what science is convenient? Plus, let's not forget that Biden is using it as a political ploy to win an election. Proof of this? After saying he would shut down the economy if scientists agreed it was the right move, he said a week later that there would be no need to shut down the economy... why? Because saying he would shut it all down hurt him in the polls. It isn't science driving his positions, it's peoples opinions of them. Which again, is completely the same as Trump . 

Trump's policies have results in hundreds of thousands of avoidable deaths. He's actively removing protections from the environment. He's undermining Congressional authority and moving it to the White House. 

I agree he should've acted sooner. And he will pay for those poor decisions in the poll no doubt. With that said, it's hard for me to imagine Biden doing anything drastically differently. Mostly evident from above stated references of him just flip flopping on COVID issues to suit his political need.  Biden is TERRIBLE on the environment. lol. Look at his fli flopping on fracking after his corporate puppet masters went after him after saying he would ban it. Look at his environmental policy when he launched his campaign. TERRIBLE lmao. It's pretty much do nothing, carry on with the status quo. He did adopt a few things once all the progressives dropped out as a lame peace offering but nothing very substantial. 

Groups in charge of pushing the Green New Deal said Biden's environmental plan was a " death sentence " . lol. Is he a little better than Trump... I guess. lol. 

12 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

What a lazy argument. So since Trump defenders always claim he's joking/taken out of context, I can never legitimately point out Biden is being taken out of context or joking otherwise I'm just like them? 

This would be valid if I never criticized Biden or said he said stupid things. Oh wait, I have. Multiple times. In this very thread. You're arguing disingenuously again.

The guys laugh at his comment. This is clipped to show it in the worst way they can and it still comes off as a joke to the people listening. Trump's people do this all the time. How about when they clipped part of a Biden comment to claim he forgot the pledge of allegiance? Or when they literally photoshopped people out of a picture to make Biden look like he was trying to handshake thin air? Or when they did the same to a picture of Biden in his living room, making it seem like he was alone when there was 15 people in there? They do this intentionally so they can make the same argument you're making.

"We intentionally lie and fraudently edit videos to make it seem like Biden is doing things he isn't, but you can't point that out or you're just like us when we claim Trump- entirely not taken out of context at all- is being framed."

Fuck off.

Like this? This is legit awful that he would say this. This makes me mad. Not some old video clipped to show something: 

Except I didn't say that at all. You're merely setting up strawmen for you to argue against, likely because you see the irony in making the same exact excuses. lol. Which is all I was doing. Pointing out the eerily similar way Trumpers and anti-Trumpers defend their man. It's one of those things that just is what it is. I don't care that you do it, not saying not to do it.

If you feel strongly enough to defend his comments, that's on you. Good for you for taking a stand. 

ya, there's that one and a few of his racist comments as well. I don't feel good voting for people who just so casually say such things. Again, those comments alone.. maybe you can make excuses for. Not saying you would try. But even if so.. I look at his record... Not great for black people. So it makes him genuinely appear to believe the racist things he says. At least, in my opinion. 

You implied it absolutely. Don't be disingenuous.

It boils down to this: You'll get no argument from me that Biden isnt a great guy. It doesn't matter right now, to me. Biden is an idiot and a moderate, not a liberal, and not gonna help on a myriad of issues. He will help on COVID, climate change at least a bit, and possibly the SC. Trump is a threat to any progressive goals we have. He must be removed, period.

Edited by Thanatos

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

You implied it absolutely. Don't be disingenuous.

It boils down to this: You'll get no argument from me that Biden isnt a great guy. It doesn't matter right now, to me. Biden is an idiot and a moderate, not a liberal, and not gonna help on a myriad of issues. He will help on COVID, climate change at least a bit, and possibly the SC. Trump is a threat to any progressive goals we have. He must be removed, period.

No, I was genuinely just pointing out the irony in defending him the same exact way. I’ve spent the last 10 posts making the comparisons between the two and how they aren’t that different both personally or legislatively . So when you came in with Trumper rhetoric , I felt it fell too perfectly in place not to say something .

I am not against defending either candidate in that way. Too often people try to be funny or be sarcastic or whatever and they go get canceled for it lol. I’m not about that life. 

And at this point ... Biden or Trump I just hope it’s a blowout . I really don’t want to deal with all the legal challenges from either side. It’s going to be such a headache . A close race either way probably means rioting, looting, violence, etc . 

• Upvote 1

"Hundreds of thousands of avoidable deaths."

That's not just a stretch--that's a tear. Good lord.

• Downvote 1

Says the man posting facebook memes- about hospitals being incentivized to report COVID so we don't know the actual numbers- as if they're actual news.

Look, I am not saying all 200k (so far) would have been avoided, I'm saying Trump's policies and lack of action have directly lead to the US "leading" the world in this thing. We have done studies on this. You can sit there and plug your ears and refuse to listen if you want. Here you go, 17-55k less deaths if we have a mask mandate in April and May. Note that this is only for April and May.

And the way this thing works, if you keep it down it doesn't spread nearly as fast, because its exponential. So maybe that mandate saves 30k, and those 30k don't infect another 500k like they actually did. In the long run, Trump's actions absolutely could end up costing us that much. 

The Times has Trump's tax returns. Zero dollars paid in taxes in 10 out of 15 years, and $750 paid in 2016 and 2017. He also has 300 million in outstanding loans.

As bad as that is, I don't see how its going to do anything. We all pretty much already knew Trump probably paid little to nothing, that's how rich people do it. And the Trumpers don't care. If Woodward didn't move the needle, they are beyond convincing. 

So I guess another day, another scandal? Really tired of this, tbh.

Edited by Thanatos

So Trump didn’t denounce white supremacy. God I really don’t want to vote for Biden. I really hate the fucking rapist piece of shit but if Trump wins, everyone that didn’t support Bernie absolutely deserves Donald Trump. I hope the economy tanks and they’re all brought to their knees. Hope you still like your private insurance plans. Maybe once the country has been burnt to the ground and you’re not so comfortable anymore you’ll get it. 

I agree with that 100%. The Dem party are morons. I hope Biden wins, but if he doesn't, yeah, let it all burn. Sick of this country. How can 40% of us be so fucking stupid as to support that conman?

• Upvote 1

Debate take: Trump--demonstrably rude. Biden--strugggled to string coherent sentences and thoughts together.

Last night was simultaneously terrifying and depressing.

Trump doesn't need to denounce white supremacy out loud. He's not a white supremacist and clearly doesn't support white supremacy. White supremacists make up the tiniest of tiny factions of the American population. It'd be nice to eradicate that abhorrent belief system, of course, but it's not a grand scale problem.

@BwareDWare94 I don’t think Trump is a white supremacist either but he’s clearly more than willing to use their support to his own ends so he can continue to profit off being president. Is that any better than being a white supremacist? Not in my opinion. It just goes to show how little he cares about the country and what lengths he would go to to enrich himself. Trump is an absolute piece of shit. 

16 hours ago, seanbrock said:

So Trump didn’t denounce white supremacy.

You and Chris Wallace are completely lost on that one. 

Is the KKK even still a thing? And so-called "white supremacists" seem few and far between , but then again I don't live in the south. And the ones that are rioting and burning/looting businesses are BLM/Antifa. Check out the mugshots out of Portland... trust me those people are not voting for Donald Trump lol. 

Hilarious but not surprised that Biden is in complete denial about Antifa and BLM. 

11 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Debate take: Trump--demonstrably rude. Biden--strugggled to string coherent sentences and thoughts together.

Last night was simultaneously terrifying and depressing.

Trump doesn't need to denounce white supremacy out loud. He's not a white supremacist and clearly doesn't support white supremacy. White supremacists make up the tiniest of tiny factions of the American population. It'd be nice to eradicate that abhorrent belief system, of course, but it's not a grand scale problem.

Bull. Trump interrupted him at every turn. Biden was fine. They're going to mute his mic when its not his turn to speak next debate, as I thought. Trump has no clue how to debate. His campaign agreed to two min uninterrupted answers and then, shocker of shockers, the liar in chief proved that a lie too.

And not surprising, he lied at almost every turn too. Lied about mail in ballots being proved fraudulent, lied about ballots being found in creeks and rivers, lied about losing 30-40% of ballots in some elections, lied about the NY primary being evidence of voter fraud, claimed that all states that accept ballots postmarked by Election Day are Dems, (11/25 are GOP), making it seem like there is something political about that, he just lies over and over.

This is Trump's MO: Lie, lie, lie, until people are so sick and tired of it they just let him say what he wants. 

Funny, I honestly thought Trump would kill him in the debates, but it was Biden who had the remembered quotes and who held his own as Trump acted like a five year old. "Will you just shut up, man?" Said what the entire country was thinking.

You dont think Trump needs to denounce it out loud, not even after the moderator specifically asked him? Not even after he specifically told the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by? What the fuck, dude. It's absolutely a large problem, responsible for far more deaths and violence than Antifa or anything on the left. I don't think he's a white supremacist, persay, but I do think he doesn't want to turn them off voting for him.

Edited by Thanatos

So Trump and Melania have COVID. Biden, Pence, Wallace, and Pelosi all need to be tested.

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

So Trump and Melania have COVID. Biden, Pence, Wallace, and Pelosi all need to be tested.

Maybe they’ll all die and this nightmare will be over. 🙏🤞

15 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Maybe they’ll all die and this nightmare will be over. 🙏🤞

They need to get McConnell too, first. 

McConnell doesn't have Covid. This plot is being engineered by him to get Pence to take over and win the election. All organized and planned by the DEEP STATE.

Trump publicly tweeting that he has instructed McConnell to stop negotiations on the stimulus and instead focus on confirming Barret, (who's in a literal cult called the People of Praise), to the SC instead is the nail in the proverbial coffin. Biden is going to wipe the floor with him if he doesn't reverse this decision. Even on his own Twitter, there are dozens of Trump supporters begging him to reconsider, that they need help now and can't wait, and many of them are saying they're not going to vote for him now. 

Edited by Thanatos

Wisconsin appeals court is taking away people's ability to vote during a pandemic by reversing a decision that allowed votes to be counted as long as they were postmarked by Nov. 3rd and received by the 9th. The Republicans don't care about people's right to vote, they just want more power, and disenfranchising people is how they plan to do it.

Weaponizing a pandemic to try to hold onto a failing grasp of power is exactly what I would expect of the cult that Trump is in charge of.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:00 PM, Thanatos said:

Wisconsin appeals court is taking away people's ability to vote during a pandemic by reversing a decision that allowed votes to be counted as long as they were postmarked by Nov. 3rd and received by the 9th. The Republicans don't care about people's right to vote, they just want more power, and disenfranchising people is how they plan to do it.

Weaponizing a pandemic to try to hold onto a failing grasp of power is exactly what I would expect of the cult that Trump is in charge of.

Isn't that exactly what Pelosi is also doing? Steve fuckign Mnuchin is like... the only voice of reason on stimulus talks. Proposes 1.8T deal, Nancy releases some stupid statement about how she can't push it forward. People are losing their jobs... people can't buy food. How dare you reject a very large bill that would help a lot of people. At least get us kind of through the election and then pass 10 trillion dollars worth when Kamala is president and Dems own both chambers of Congress. 

Also... Biden said again today that he is running for Senate... and he couldn't recall Romney's name:

“I got in trouble when we were running against that senator who was a Mormon, the governor”

I really wish he would've picked a non-evil scumbag as VP. I worry for the next 4 years.

Axios posted a story today saying Biden is the least scrutinIzed and luckiest front runner in electoral history. 

The Hill has shared similar sentiments as well, saying Biden has had to promise very very little compared to others. Very little policy and almost nothing when it comes to promises in the first 100 days

Biden cabinet starting to slowly come out... Not good news for the American people. 

On 10/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Favre4Ever said:

Isn't that exactly what Pelosi is also doing? Steve fuckign Mnuchin is like... the only voice of reason on stimulus talks. Proposes 1.8T deal, Nancy releases some stupid statement about how she can't push it forward. People are losing their jobs... people can't buy food. How dare you reject a very large bill that would help a lot of people. At least get us kind of through the election and then pass 10 trillion dollars worth when Kamala is president and Dems own both chambers of Congress. 

Also... Biden said again today that he is running for Senate... and he couldn't recall Romney's name:

“I got in trouble when we were running against that senator who was a Mormon, the governor”

I really wish he would've picked a non-evil scumbag as VP. I worry for the next 4 years.

Another lie from Trump and his cronies. He didn't forget he was running for President. It was a grammatical mistake. He was listing off the things he'd run for. He said Senator, then Vice President, and then President. Here is the full clip of that part: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-us-2020-54531569

And yeah he forgot Romney's name. He's old. I wish he wasn't. But he's far better than the traitor in the WH.

Why would we give another trillion dollars to big corporations and just $1200 again to the American people, with no help for a postal service about to be deluged? It wouldn't help people in the long run at all.

Now she absolutely should do what Trump said later, which is send him a bill just for the $1200 to the people and thats it. Absolutely do that. She's a moron for not taking that offer. Either he's serious, in which case the people win, or he's not and she calls him on it.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Another lie from Trump and his cronies. He didn't forget he was running for President. It was a grammatical mistake. He was listing off the things he'd run for. He said Senator, then Vice President, and then President. Here is the full clip of that part: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-us-2020-54531569

And yeah he forgot Romney's name. He's old. I wish he wasn't. But he's far better than the traitor in the WH.

Why would we give another trillion dollars to big corporations and just $1200 again to the American people, with no help for a postal service about to be deluged? It wouldn't help people in the long run at all.

Now she absolutely should do what Trump said later, which is send him a bill just for the $1200 to the people and thats it. Absolutely do that. She's a moron for not taking that offer. Either he's serious, in which case the people win, or he's not and she calls him on it.

Holding the American people hostage because you don't get every single thing you wan't is not an excuse. I am not saying the Mnuchin 1.8T is perfect, I am not saying it's a magic wand. But people NEED THAT RELIEF. Why give a check to the American people without money for the post office? Fuck youuuuuu. lmao.

If this doesn't get done, which it likely won't... Trump isn't gonna do shit during lame duck because he's a loser and going to be busy whining and crying... People aren't getting relief until FEBRUARY maybe.

Fuck that evil witch. She's a disgusting pig.

Also, she was on CNN today and went after Wolf Blitzer for asking her the tough question. She was calling him a GOP stooge lmao. What. A. Cunt. 

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Downvote 1

You're nothing more than a naysayer at this point and frankly beyond arguing with. All you ever care about is to point out little things one side is doing wrong and try to "both sides" ism this. You're as bad as they are.

Yeah, why is funding the post office an important thing during an election where the GOP is trying to suppress the vote? Why is it not a good idea to pass another bill that fucks over the American people when the GOP waited six months after passing the first one to do anything again? 

Fuck you right back. Tired of arguing with you. You want one side to be perfect to support them and its not going to happen. Sorry to burst your fantasy world of make-believe.

Edited by Thanatos