Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

Yeah, that’s why I (generally) listen to Rogan. I like the ability for these long form discussions. Gives people a chance to flesh out their thoughts if they choose.

Yeah I love his podcast because he talks to EVERYONE. He has Shapiro on, Tulsi, Peterson, Bernie, and a few other political commentators.

He has scientists from damn near every discipline, journalists, historians, skeptics, drug advocates, actors, rockstars and just about anything else you could be interested in.

He is also probably the best interviewer I've ever heard. He was questions come up but then he lets you answer. It is so rare, I don't even know if there's anything else quite like it out there. Honestly any and all candidates out there that are running for president would do themselves a favor to get on the show. Not even 2 days ago I absolutely hated Bernie Sanders com I thought he was an idiot and a coward. Now I just think hes a coward.

Having people on to have a long form discussion about their policies is really the only way you can make an informed decision in my opinion. With all of the media bias out there, and all of the campaign speak that so many of these people have, just having them sit down and explain their points goes a long way. I was a fan of Tulsi before, but after her 1st and 2nd Podcast I couldn't be a bigger fan.

9 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Probably because like Omerta said, he was afraid of getting hit with the sexist card which I'm not sure why because they're going to use it against him anyway and really they have been for 3 years now.

Also it's kind of funny how much this Epstein shit has died down. If it were any of us running a news org REGARDLESS of our political aftiliation, I think it's safe to say that we would covering it a hell of a lot more. You want Trump in jail? You want Clinton(s) in jail? There's something for everyone. Throw all those fuckers in GITMO. 

I hate this take, it's more nonsense. It hasn't died down at all, its in the middle of an investigation. There are plenty of people still reporting on it, but we don't have any new information at the moment. 

9 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Probably because like Omerta said, he was afraid of getting hit with the sexist card which I'm not sure why because they're going to use it against him anyway and really they have been for 3 years now.

Also it's kind of funny how much this Epstein shit has died down. If it were any of us running a news org REGARDLESS of our political aftiliation, I think it's safe to say that we would covering it a hell of a lot more. You want Trump in jail? You want Clinton(s) in jail? There's something for everyone. Throw all those fuckers in GITMO. 

I dont think he is afraid of getting hit with the sexist card. I just think he is afraid.

That said any man in this country is obviously sexist...?

11 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I hate this take, it's more nonsense. It hasn't died down at all, its in the middle of an investigation. There are plenty of people still reporting on it, but we don't have any new information at the moment. 

Is that how they reported in Russiagate? Lol Alan Dershowitz is still on Fox News lol

11 hours ago, Omerta said:

I dont think he is afraid of getting hit with the sexist card. I just think he is afraid.

That said any man in this country is obviously sexist...?

The man is public enemy number 1 of Hillary. He's lucky to be alive. How is he a coward? Lol

27 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

The man is public enemy number 1 of Hillary. He's lucky to be alive. How is he a coward? Lol

My answer hasn't changed since a dozen posts ago. He is a coward, always has been. 

And Hillary offs lackeys who find out how corrupt she is or tech nerds with dirt. Not people who run for president or Obama would have never got a second term, although the evil bitch probably thought about it.

Edited by Omerta

7 minutes ago, Omerta said:

My answer hasn't changed since a dozen posts ago. He is a coward, always has been. 

And Hillary offs lackeys who find out how corrupt she is or tech nerds with dirt. Not people who run for president or Obama would have never got a second term, although the evil bitch probably thought about it.

Lol you ever see that? 

It was honestly just a joke but let's be honest, with as much money as Sanders is up against you can bet there are a lot of people who would like to kill him. Some of those people have a lot of money and power and others that just listen to talk radio or Fox news too much and hate him. Also his record as a civil rights activists are proof he's no coward. 

Why does Yang have to be a gun grabber? He was doing so well and was an easy second next to Tulsi.

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Why does Yang have to be a gun grabber? He was doing so well and was an easy second next to Tulsi.

Because clearly assault weapons are a problem. Other countries have gun control and the sky hasn't fallen there yet.

23 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Because clearly assault weapons are a problem. Other countries have gun control and the sky hasn't fallen there yet.

So should we ban halter tops since they cause rape? That makes about as much sense as saying guns get-up-and-go shoot people by themselves. If you're going to say clothes aren't a contributing factor to rape, it's all on the rapist, then extend that same courtesy to guns. It's a hypocritical argument. For some reason after a mass shooting we talk so very little about the shooter, but we're so intrested in banning his guns that he used to period from all the mass shootings that I know about I've got 2 weapons that are very similar to ones used in mass shootings, care to guess the kill count on either of those? Exactly, 0. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Halter tops don't rape women, rapist rape women.

Edited by Omerta

And there's no way you're ever going to convince me that we should be some puss a** country like France, Germany, Canada,or any of those other countries who like to look down their nose at us because we won our independence like men, it wasn't handed to us by some divine intervention of sovereignty through a Royal bloodline. They can suck it as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Omerta

3 hours ago, Omerta said:

And there's no way you're ever going to convince me that we should be some puss a** country like France, Germany, Canada,or any of those other countries who like to look down their nose at us because we won our independence like men, it wasn't handed to us by some divine intervention of sovereignty through a Royal bloodline. They can suck it as far as I'm concerned.

You really think France, Germany, and Canada look down on us because we won our independence like men? You sound as crazy, my dude.

You do not need a 100 bullet magazine assault rifle. Sorry, not sorry.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Omerta said:

France. You mean the country that guillotine'd their way to democracy? Bitch tell me when america gets as hardcore as that.

• Haha 1

Yang has actually taken kind of a 180 stance on gun control since the shootings over the last couple of weeks. Hard to argue, but still don't like seeing that. I prefer being more anticipatory... hitting issues at the root / cause. Being reactionary and only swinging at the lobs isn't a great way to do policy, IMO. 

1 hour ago, RazorStar said:

France. You mean the country that guillotine'd their way to democracy? Bitch tell me when america gets as hardcore as that.

The atomic bomb says hello. We dropped that so everyone else can have democracy.  You're welcome France.

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

You really think France, Germany, and Canada look down on us because we won our independence like men? You sound as crazy, my dude.

You do not need a 100 bullet magazine assault rifle. Sorry, not sorry.

I can't tell you exactly why they look down on us if I'm being honest. However, I do know that every time they get a chance to run their Yap it's always about how, "well in our country we had 1 mass shooting and we shut it down for everyone." Look at us we're so enlightened, you poor neanderthals will never figure it out.

Numerically speaking mass shootings really on a problem in this country. Are they terrible, absolutely. Is it something that happens every day like we're led to believe common were scared into repeating? No. They're not. The worst year for mass shootings on record was 2016, 432 people died in a mass shooting that year. There are 330 million people in this country alone, do you know what that math works out to? .000000129%  Of the population.

Would you support prohibition? 80000 people a year die from alcohol related incidents.  That means in this country you are a 188% more likely to die from alcohol then an assault style weapon, even though that's not really a thing. 188%. Why don't we start banning alcohol? Is it because it's a giant government over reach into our private lives, to take away something we enjoy? Of course it is. As a general rule people find alcohol more enjoyable than guns, I do not.

I don't need an assault rifle with a 100 round capacity magazine, even though that really really wouldn't be a magazine that would be more of a drum, but either way that's neither here nor there. The Point is I may not need one, but I'm constitutionally guaranteed the right to own one, and I nor anyone else should have my rights trampled on because 426 people die in a mass shooting in 1 year. Especially if the people who are banning it enjoy alcohol considering that kills far more people.

You cannot nerf the world, bad things are going to happen to good people. They're going to happen to kids, they're going to happen to loved  ones, and these are all terrible things. I'm not standing here advocating for mass shootings, I am saying don't take away my rights without due process  when I have done nothing to deserve it. You can't really call an executive order due process, but if you choose to go that route, what stops an executive order from reenacting prohibition?

When you start manipulating the Constitution like that you open yourself up for a can of worms.

Now I'm not going to change your mind, I am aware of this. You probably have rebuttal after rebuttal of why people like me should have our rights trampled on. That being said, I don't think most people look at it from the other point of view, I certainly don't think they put it into context of exactly the size of the problem we're dealing with here. It is very small.

That's not even getting into the overwhelming black market that we would create. You remember the war on drugs? How many drugs that that stop from entering the country?  In an age where machine is can order parts off of Amazon, we can 3-D print, and inmates can make guns in prison do you really think we're not going to figure out a way to get them anyway?  Mark my words, more people will die from an assault rifle ban then will be saved by them.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 2

On average, across any 48hrs, we also lose…

500 to Medical errors
300 to the Flu
250 to Suicide
200 to Car Accidents
40 to Homicide via Handgun

Often our emotions respond more to spectacle than to data.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson 

Twitter was being dumb, so I couldn't embed but I think a lot of it boils down to that.

You absolutely do not have the constitutional right to an assault weapon or a 100-bullet magazine. Honestly never even heard that argument tried before.

As far as Tyson goes, that analogy is god-awful as was stated in the first reply to him on that thread. Medical errors get sued, we developed flu vaccines for the flu, we build cars as safely as possible with strict regulations on being able to own and operate them, suicide is definitely something we need to do better on addressing. Point being, we address these as problems in need of a solution. And also if 40 people died in one day from the same doctor from a medical error, you bet your ass we'd have investigations all over the place.

Guns? Nope, can't touch them. I find them fun, so we're not even allowed to try to regulate them, despite the fact that kids are being killed at their schools, and if we point out that other countries have tried regulating them and have all-but-eliminated the issue, apparently that is them being arrogant instead of trying to help. The right wing in this country is fucking insane on this issue. They won't even admit the *possibility* that having gun control works, despite all the evidence that it does.

I'm not saying its a silver bullet and will solve all the issues immediately- its a nuanced issue with multiple things that need to happen, gun control being one of them- but making assault weapons harder to acquire should be a common sense, non-partisan issue. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Omerta said:

The atomic bomb says hello. We dropped that so everyone else can have democracy.  You're welcome France.

Oh, you're trolling again, gotcha.

3 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Oh, you're trolling again, gotcha.

How is that even remotely trolling? The atomic bomb was not as hard core?   It is also a historical fact that France was getting smacked down and World War II, and regardless of what people say it was American intervention that turn the tide of the war, and really it was the atomic bomb that ended it. What would have happened had we not done that?

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

You absolutely do not have the constitutional right to an assault weapon or a 100-bullet magazine. Honestly never even heard that argument tried before.

As far as Tyson goes, that analogy is god-awful as was stated in the first reply to him on that thread. Medical errors get sued, we developed flu vaccines for the flu, we build cars as safely as possible with strict regulations on being able to own and operate them, suicide is definitely something we need to do better on addressing. Point being, we address these as problems in need of a solution. And also if 40 people died in one day from the same doctor from a medical error, you bet your ass we'd have investigations all over the place.

Guns? Nope, can't touch them. I find them fun, so we're not even allowed to try to regulate them, despite the fact that kids are being killed at their schools, and if we point out that other countries have tried regulating them and have all-but-eliminated the issue, apparently that is them being arrogant instead of trying to help. The right wing in this country is fucking insane on this issue. They won't even admit the *possibility* that having gun control works, despite all the evidence that it does.

I'm not saying its a silver bullet and will solve all the issues immediately- its a nuanced issue with multiple things that need to happen, gun control being one of them- but making assault weapons harder to acquire should be a common sense, non-partisan issue. 

We are not those countries. No matter how much you would like the US to be were not, nor will we ever be.

And making assault weapons harder to acquire, versus banning them is something completely different.  And can you please tell me how I'm not entitled to have them because of the 2nd amendment?

Edited by Omerta

8 hours ago, Omerta said:

Is this supposed to be ironic or sarcastic or something? Lol 

6 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Is this supposed to be ironic or sarcastic or something? Lol 

Will the question was posed what's more hardcore than they get a team that America's ever done, so naturally the atomic bomb came to mind.

I was only have serious about maintaining a democracy and France, I'm in we certainly held, but it's not likely liberated them. They were getting their a** kicked and we certainly expedited the process of them returning to life is normal, but we didn't do it for altruistic reasons either. It's not like we were bringing freedom, we got hid, so he said we're gonna hit back, hard. And we did, 90000 people died when we drop the atomic bombs and that is they conservative estimate and, the French revolution and reign of terror killed 40000. At least that's the generally accepted numbers for both.

@Omerta You just have the history knowledge of a 10 year old if you think the people of France and Germany are pussies or those countries are "pussy ass countries." Canada?....you got me there. They killed the shit out of some Native people I assume lol. I know nothing about their history.