Sign in to follow this  
BC

2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Draft_2016_CP_640x360.jpg

Alright guys we're within 50 hours of this thing launching, so let's fire it up! Go ahead and predict away, post your mock drafts, or post your wishful thinking. Who will be the future hall of famers in this draft? Won't be long now before it's too late to call your shots, so call 'em :towel:

Edited by BC

If you could have anything to do with who your team selects, who would you be pushing for to go and get, or how should your team use its resources? Include the positions you want your team to select, and then a few names. 

:Seahawks: only have 5 draft picks this year as of now. If you trade up it better be only a couple slots to land Ferrill Hockenson or Burns. 

We often trade back, but if one of these guys are available at #21 we need to stay there and take them. 
1. Clellan Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson (He has no business falling this far but if he does and you don't scoop him up, please quit).
2. TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
3. Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU  

As I was typing this post, the news about Frank Clark broke, so now we have the 29th pick which I'm just now imagining the possibilities. We now have nothing good at DE. With having this selection, if we don't trade down with our 21st, then I really think we might need to trade down with 29 because there is no end at 29 IMO that is worth grabbing. After Burns and Ferrill it seems there is a huge drop off to where you wait until the 2nd round unless you want to make a big reach. If we don't move down at 29, here is what I'd like to see:

1.. N'keal Harry, WR, ASU
2. DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
3 Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
4. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

If we trade down and get a pick in the 2nd round, I'd like to see:
1. Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan
2. Nasir Adderly, S, Delaware
3. Irv Smith Jr, TE,  Alabama
4. JJ Arcega-Whiteside
5. Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

3rd round:
1. Oshanes, Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
2. Ben Banogu, DE, TCU
3. D'Andre Walker, DE, Georgia (need to study Banogu and Walker and see who I like more)

Here is basically what we need in the order of importance:
1. EDGE on the left
2. Possession WR and/or TE
3. EDGE on the right.
4. Safety
5.Corner

And I am absolutely ok with switching up the order of importance if huge value is there at another position in the first three rounds. 

Edited by BC

Bold Prediction:

Kyler Murray doesn't go first overall.

Bolder Prediction:

Kyler Murray falls out of the top 10.

So Bold we ran out of Ink Prediction:

Kyler Murray falls out of the first round entirely.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, RazorStar said:

Bold Prediction:

Kyler Murray doesn't go first overall.

Bolder Prediction:

Kyler Murray falls out of the top 10.

So Bold we ran out of Ink Prediction:

Kyler Murray falls out of the first round entirely.

"Not dedicated to football. Baseball announcement a concern."

Really, though, he is RGIII part deux.

For the Pats I want AJ Brown or Hollywood Brown. Fant also seems like a stud, I like him more than Hockenson

1. Hollywood
  2. Fant
  3.  AJ Brown
  4. Nasir Adderly

Edited by BradyFan81

Razor's Mock Draft 2.0 with trades:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
2. San Francisco 49ers - Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky
3. New York Giants (Trade with NYJ, 6th overall, 96th, a 2020 third, and two 5th rounders this year) - Drew Lock, QB, Mizzou
4. Oakland Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
6. New York Jets - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor, LT, Florida
8. Detroit Lions - Devin White, LB, LSU
9. Buffalo Bills - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
10. Denver Broncos - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
11. Washington Redskins (Trade with CIN, 15th overall, 77th and 97th for 11 and 212) - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
12. Green Bay Packers - Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State
13. Miami Dolphins - Jonah Wiliams, OT, Alabama
14. Atlanta Falcons - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
15. Cincinnati Bengals - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
16. Carolina Panthers - Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
17. New York Giants - Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State
18. Minnesota Vikings - T.J. Hockensen, TE, Iowa
19. Oakland Raiders (Trade with TEN, 24th overall, 107th and 141st overall) - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
21. New England Patriots (From SEA, 32 and 64 for 21 and a 2020 4th) - Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
22. Baltimore Ravens - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
23. Houston Texans - Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. State
24. Tennessee Titans - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
25. Philadelphia Eagles - Elgton Jenkins, G, Mississippi State
26. Indianapolis Colts - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (Trade with OAK for 38, 99 and 179) - A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
28. Los Angeles Chargers - Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson
29. Seattle Seahawks - Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
30. Green Bay Packers - Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
31. Los Angeles Rams - Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
32. Cincinnati Bengals (From SEA, From NE, 42 and 97) - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

• Upvote 1

Hoping for Oliver or Bush at #12 but that looks to be a longshot at this point. Other options would be Taylor, Jonah Williams, or Burns in that order.

For #30, I would prefer Adderley or AJ Brown.

As long as the Packers don't draft DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, or a QB in the 1st I will be okay though.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

OL & DL need to be the Packers picks in the first round depending on the board. I would settle for a TE

I see two scenarios for my Texans...

1. Trade up: If they do this, it will be for one of the three top o-linemen. (Taylor, Dillard, Williams)

2. Stay put: At #23 the hope is probably that Ford falls into their lap. (possible, but not likely) If he's gone it's probably going to be either Bradbury or Risner. Lindstrom could be a darkhorse pick.

Cornerback is another huge need for this team, but I feel like there's still going to be a lot of value at that position in the 2nd round.

:Ravens: Hollywood Brown - Interesting pick. I think he adds an additional, much needed dynamic to the offense. I have character and durability concerns from first impression.

Other thoughts:

:Cardinals: Uh what? Story of their off-season? Hope Kyler pans out because he seems awesome but I am not convinced it will be in AZ or even the NFL. The Cardinals roster is super suspect, especially the line. And they went hard after roster cuts and aging veterans two years in a row. Not sure heavily investing in the QB position two years in a row is the move.

:Redskins: Haskins makes a lot of sense here, given Smith's injury. I am not sure why they are being criticized for it? I think Haskins has potential and can probably start day one. Sweat was great value and well worth the risk, I am biased...I picked him in our mock.

:Raiders:The Ferrell hate is NUTS, the kid is a great player imo. I really like Abram too. Would have loved to see them go defense again over Jacobs but I think he was still an ok pick.

:Giants: Two great picks! Can't speak to the Jones pick, but he is a blue devil so fuck him :smug: For real though, seems like the Giants knew what they were doing so I would trust it.

I think the Packers expected the Ravens to go Savage, so that's why they traded up for him, that was maybe a little questionable even though he is very talented. 

I dig what the Falcons, Vikings, Jags, Bills, Seahawks, and Eagles did.

I think I'm honestly more thrilled that Miami didn't take a QB than I am that they DID take one of the best DT's in the draft.  Honestly, any pick besides QB would have made me happy.  The fact they landed Wilkins is icing on the cake for me. 

For round 2, I think a number of picks would make me happy...perhaps Risner or Ya-Sin, for example.  Or a trade down to bulk up on 3rd and 4th rounders or even something in 2020.  I'm still afraid they might try to go for Lock or Grier...nothing against them personally, but there are still too may other nagging needs that need greater attention. 

I'm pretty happy we scored an extra second rounder to grab the best tight end prospect in this draft. Bush might have been a nice pick at 10, but I like improving our resources since we still have plenty of work to do. Can hopefully grab some defensive help with our pair of second rounders tonight.

idk anything about this dude, but if he fixes the D, screw it. I just like that they're pretending they want to win now.

Also, this is hilarious

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RowdyNation said:

I'm not sure there are many, if any at all, Falcons fans here so maybe I'll be talking to myself - but I do that on a daily basis so I guess who cares at this point! 

First thing, I actually liked seeing 2 offensive lineman for the Falcons. I'm not sure if they were the correct 2, but only time will tell. I really didn't know too much about McGary, but from everything I've read on him, he was expected to go late in the 2nd round to the middle of the 3rd if not a little bit later. This has me a bit skeptical on him. I'm not sure that Atlanta needed to give away a 3rd round pick to grab him but if that's the guy they wanted, you never wait! 

I really REALLY like the pick of Lindstrom, I know that many had a couple guys higher, but this guy is an absolute mauler and I think he was the best guard in the draft which is a position Atlanta was in desperate need of. Regardless, if things work out they may have just grabbed 2 long term starters along the line. I've seen a few analysts talking about the possibilities that these 2 guys could bring about an offensive line era that of the Harvey Dahl, Tyson Clabo glory days - you know, when the team absolutely sucked but they had a good line... Lol. 

Second thing, this is an after thought after seeing two offensive lineman in the first - I definitely am still worried about the defense. The Falcons couldn't rush the passer last season AT ALL, and to make it worse they couldn't seem to cover a bloody nose. The one player that was doing well for us (or at least better than the rest) was Robert Alford, and they let him go. I just don't get not grabbing Lindstrom and then moving up and taking a defensive back with that late first. If the Falcons don't take a DB with their next pick, they're going to be in trouble. Lindstrom and McGary better be damn good because Atlanta may very well have to score 35+ points again like in 2017 due to the mere fact that other teams will be scoring at will. 

I really think they are banking on Desmond Trufant returning to form, but he's been absolutely terrible since going down with an injury a season and a half ago. Also for Jalen Collins to get his head out of his rear and not only play a full season, but also play to his talent level. Quite frankly, the Atlanta secondary is in trouble IMO. I'm hoping for a corner in round 2, but we'll see. 

Great first post and analysis! I confess that I've become super out of touch with the draft, but I don't think two high picks spent on protecting Ryan is a bad thing. He's one of the best regular season QBs in the mold of Peyton Manning, but he's had a lot less help than desired the past couple years. That being said, Indianapolis and the Saints have been intent on winning with great offenses spearheaded by HoF QBs with atrocious D and only each have one SB win for it. Maybe Atlanta should conjure up a top-flight defense while Matty Ice is around and see what happens? That's what I'd do, but who knows.

Congrats to Cards fans - their FO did a great job and snagged some really nice draftees. 

I haven't looked at all the teams picks but is there a better one than what the Cards got?

I know my team disappointed - at least until we see them in action.

At least they got some nice UDFA's! Sucks when you are reduced to that.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:11 PM, FartWaffles said:

I see two scenarios for my Texans...

1. Trade up: If they do this, it will be for one of the three top o-linemen. (Taylor, Dillard, Williams)

2. Stay put: At #23 the hope is probably that Ford falls into their lap. (possible, but not likely) If he's gone it's probably going to be either Bradbury or Risner. Lindstrom could be a darkhorse pick.

Cornerback is another huge need for this team, but I feel like there's still going to be a lot of value at that position in the 2nd round.

Hey Fart - long time no chat.

I was sitting at Coaches watching the draft.

Seeing all those big names tumbling down the board was something else. Then the Eagles traded and I'm like Oh no...not Dillard.

But I'm thinking, well, Murphy and Taylor are still there so no biggie.

They took Dillard and we took Howard. Phark.

All I can say is he better work out or Gaine is gonna look like an idiot.

I liked the Scharping, Omenuhi pick and also Gillaspia, but thought he coulda fallen off to UDFA.

It's sad when you are reduced to being excited about Higdon and Dixon.

Back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 2

The Cards did decent, but I really don't like giving up on Rosen after one year when your team is absolutely full of holes. They should have shopped the 1 pick IMO.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Thanatos said:

The Cards did decent, but I really don't like giving up on Rosen after one year when your team is absolutely full of holes. They should have shopped the 1 pick IMO.

This is exactly how I feel. I generally like Steve Keim's moves, but this whole situation was handled ridiculously unless Kyler truly is the real deal. To me, though, I think he has "bust" written all over him. He played 1 fuckin' year and had stats identical to the guy that played ahead of him in the same system...He's fuckin' tiny and frail and looks like a walking injury. The Cards were apparently worried about Rosen's outside interests, yet they drafted a dude that originally committed to baseball and whose agent insisted he wasn't going to the NFL...

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

I think it was almost inevitable after the Cards got the coach they did. But I still don't like the move.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:30 PM, Wattafan said:

Seeing all those big names tumbling down the board was something else. Then the Eagles traded and I'm like Oh no...not Dillard.

But I'm thinking, well, Murphy and Taylor are still there so no biggie.

They took Dillard and we took Howard. Phark.

All I can say is he better work out or Gaine is gonna look like an idiot.

I liked the Scharping, Omenuhi pick and also Gillaspia, but thought he coulda fallen off to UDFA.

It's sad when you are reduced to being excited about Higdon and Dixon.

Back to the drawing board.

A lot of pundits are panning the Texans draft, so I'm convinced this might be their best draft ever! :yao:

In all seriousness, yeah it sucked to see the Iggles snipe Dillard one pick before the Texans, but supposedly the Ravens called the Texans to counter and they refused.

Everyone is going to say the Texans panicked/reached on Howard, and that may be true. Who knows? People said the same in '08 when they drafted Duane Brown. At the end of the day I'm just glad they addressed their biggest needs with four of their seven picks. (OT and CB)

Warring seems like an athletic freak that had to be a BPA pick in the 3rd, considering they drafted two TEs last year. When they drafted Omenihu in the 5th, my jaw dropped. I honestly thought he had already been taken on Day 2. He should push for d-line rotational snaps even in his rookie year.

I understand the Gillaspia pick as well. O'Brien's old-school pound the rock offense hasn't been the same since Jay Prosch was released. Plus he'll largely contribute on STs. Seems like Bryan Braman 2.0.

Long story short, I just want to see these guys on the field before I or the media condemn them. From a positional needs perspective, Gaine hit 'em all in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FartWaffles said:

A lot of pundits are panning the Texans draft, so I'm convinced this might be their best draft ever! :yao:

In all seriousness, yeah it sucked to see the Iggles snipe Dillard one pick before the Texans, but supposedly the Ravens called the Texans to counter and they refused.

Everyone is going to say the Texans panicked/reached on Howard, and that may be true. Who knows? People said the same in '08 when they drafted Duane Brown. At the end of the day I'm just glad they addressed their biggest needs with four of their seven picks. (OT and CB)

Warring seems like an athletic freak that had to be a BPA pick in the 3rd, considering they drafted two TEs last year. When they drafted Omenihu in the 5th, my jaw dropped. I honestly thought he had already been taken on Day 2. He should push for d-line rotational snaps even in his rookie year.

I understand the Gillaspia pick as well. O'Brien's old-school pound the rock offense hasn't been the same since Jay Prosch was released. Plus he'll largely contribute on STs. Seems like Bryan Braman 2.0.

Long story short, I just want to see these guys on the field before I or the media condemn them. From a positional needs perspective, Gaine hit 'em all in my opinion.

Well said. 

34 minutes ago, Wattafan said:

Well said. 

It's definitely a boom-or-bust draft class, but if it booms... Holy shit prepare your anus AFC! :lol:

I liked grabbing Fant and I think Risner is a good piece for the interior but holy shit why the fuck did we draft Brock Osweiler again.