Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Final Season **SPOILER WARNING**

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

lol so what is your guys issue with the petition? Why are you so outraged by outrage culture...over Game of Thrones? Season 8 is an embarrassment and D&D have to sit with that humiliation now. Fuck 'em. They still got paid. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? How is this any different than all the shit we talk on athletes, teams, GM's. You guys are being corny as fuck lol.

Any public figure is LEGALLY open to getting shit talked. People have criticized TV show writing for decades before the internet too. Glad you guys are just so much more evolved and mature. :yao:

To be fair -- you don't even understand the good pieces of writing the show has. Not sure we can really take anything you say seriously. 

kappa-is-life-kappa-2-14633-1436912953-6

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

To be fair -- you don't even understand the good pieces of writing the show has. Not sure we can really take anything you say seriously. 

Reveal hidden contents

kappa-is-life-kappa-2-14633-1436912953-6

well done blots4ever :yao:

• Haha 1

Take that back right now, you sum bitch! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

So then stfu and keep it pushing lol. Nobody is forcing you to inject your opinion on the matter.

You guys do understand that we're posting all this argument on a message board. Step back for a second and think about that lol.

Right? It’s supposed to be fun. Petitions aren’t fun. 

I'm ready for the faux rage tonight. I've already mentally prepared myself.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barracuda said:

Right? It’s supposed to be fun. Petitions aren’t fun. 

I think it's hilarious personally. You can tell how arrogant they've become winning awards off another man's work. It's been pissing HBO off. I think watching all the actors hedge when they're asked how they feel is fun. Isn't it fun to hate the fucking Steelers. Come on, deep down you know I'm right haha. I feel the same way about Dallas and The Giants. fr fr I love to hate them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barracuda said:

What sort of thing happens all the time? Things that you don’t necessarily agree with? Bad TV show endings?  That’s called life guys. Venting is just the same as whining. Call it whatever you want. 

Some people just need to learn that their opinions and emotions, whether it be about Game of Thrones or abortion, just aren’t things anyone needs to hear about. Just shut up. 

Says the dude posting an opinion about someone else's opinion on a message board. No one forced you to click on an article about it.

And no, I meant people making petitions to "remake" something. That's not and almost never is the point of those petitions.

Yall seriously sound like a bunch of old people telling the kids to get off your lawns lol.

Yes, get off my lawn with your petitions. 

Damn near perfection. Amazing. Brilliant. Job well done.

• Haha 2

Wrapped up quite nicely. 

I would really love to see a series that takes place after this... On the other hand, that may just ruin my imagination of how great and bad ass and better Westeros is now. 

I still have my beefs with the final season. I still think they made Jon into a massive pussy to make Sansa's character look good which wasn't even necessary and I still think Jaime and Cersei's end sucked ass but idk at least this last episode made sense. I like the way Jon ended up going with the wildlings and ghost beyond the wall. Sansa got what she wanted the whole time (lol bitch) and so did Arya. Tyrion is back with his homies in Kings Landing and is basically king now. What I probably liked most about the episode was that it seemed like Drogon knew what happened and he wasn't mad at Jon for doing what he did. He was mad at what the pursuit of the iron throne did to her. That was pretty dope. He just understood and took her back home where she belonged. Where he belonged too. 

I guess at the end of the day I end up agreeing with Stevo on this. I don't mind the ending, I just hate how we got there in this last season and I feel they butchered some of the characters along the way. I feel like what started as such a well thought out and detail oriented show devolved into something that was entertaining but just was not on the same level of excellence that we got for so many seasons. I think this show had the potential to be the greatest TV show of all time but just lost it's way. If somebody puts this on the same level as Breaking Bad I might have to smack them lol.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 2

I really don’t think they could’ve made this much longer though. If they did they would’ve either had to get George to spill the beans about filler or make stuff up.  The first is unlikely considering he isn’t even done with Winds yet, let alone Spring.  The second one doesn’t make much sense considering everyone is complaining about their writing... 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

I still have my beefs with the final season. I still think they made Jon into a massive pussy to make Sansa's character look good which wasn't even necessary and I still think Jaime and Cersei's end sucked ass but idk at least this last episode made sense. I like the way Jon ended up going with the wildlings and ghost beyond the wall. Sansa got what she wanted the whole time (lol bitch) and so did Arya. Tyrion is back with his homies in Kings Landing and is basically king now. What I probably liked most about the episode was that it seemed like Drogon knew what happened and he wasn't mad at Jon for doing what he did. He was mad at what the pursuit of the iron throne did to her. That was pretty dope. He just understood and took her back home where she belonged. Where he belonged too. 

I guess at the end of the day I end up agreeing with Stevo on this. I don't mind the ending, I just hate how we got there in this last season and I feel they butchered some of the characters along the way. I feel like what started as such a well thought out and detail oriented show devolved into something that was entertaining but just was not on the same level of excellence that we got for so many seasons. I think this show had the potential to be the greatest TV show of all time but just lost it's way. If somebody puts this on the same level as Breaking Bad I might have to smack them lol.

This is a bad comparison to BB considering that was made by the writers themselves who knew exactly where and when the story was going at all times. Imagine Vince and Peter leaving Breaking Bad for the final two seasons and app they left behind was a cliff notes page on how to end the show. Does it end the same way? Is it as good. 

If you say yes, you’re nuts. 

Also im glad you brought up Drogon... I’ve been asking people most of the day what they think. Half the people at my workplace watch the show... and I’ve also been posting on Facebook in different groups. If they say they didn’t like it, I ask why. Most of them can’t name anything specifically ... 

One last did though. She said that he finale was bad because Drogon somehow felt Danys death and melted the throne. She said that was totally unrealistic because dragons are “ just animals”. 

I’m sorry but if you’ve paid so little attention to the show over the last 10 years to make ignorant statements like that, I may as well label you a Seanbrock and throw you into a volcano or some shot because there is no hope whatsoever. 

18 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I really don’t think they could’ve made this much longer though. If they did they would’ve either had to get George to spill the beans about filler or make stuff up.  The first is unlikely considering he isn’t even done with Winds yet, let alone Spring.  The second one doesn’t make much sense considering everyone is complaining about their writing... 

Honestly, what do they have to write? lol There are probably thousands of people on Reddit who would have done a WAY better job. I think you nailed it before. They had already moved onto Star Wars and just didn't put any effort into it. These guys are very well educated and have written a fuck ton. You can't tell me they didn't just mail this season in lol. They've read the source material available, probably a bunch of times. I just feel like they just stopped caring.

Also, well done again blots4ever. "You don't agree with me so you must be dumb and not understand lol."

Edited by seanbrock

Dragons are not just animals. It’s literally canon that they aren’t . Fact. No dispute. 

• Upvote 1

Sean: 2 + 2 = 7

Me: Actually, the answer is 4

Sean: Woah man, just because you think 2 + 2 equals 4 doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

Me: Ya, actually it does 

29 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Sean: 2 + 2 = 7

Me: Actually, the answer is 4

Sean: Woah man, just because you think 2 + 2 equals 4 doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

Me: Ya, actually it does 

Lol bkots4ever indeed. Well done.

You’re the first in the volcano my friend. Although I imagine not having to throw or push you — considering you’ll jump on your own after you see all the other little sheep do the same thing. Haha 

I didn't really like a lot of the ending. As for the season, D&D were given bullet points and that is what this season delivered. Is it all bad? Hell no. It was just very flawed and fell on its own face and couldn't live up to standards (writing). It being so condensed is probably the main killer, as I think the main points aren't a terrible end game by any stretch.

Edited by BJORN

Lmao. I can't believe they actually did it lol. That was just a completely godawful ending in almost every way. When I read that leak that Bran would become king I said no way, surely not. And it was just as cringey as I thought it would be. They all just take Tyrion's word for it? None of them know who Bran is outside of his sisters and Tyrion. Bran being king makes absolutely no sense. The three-eyed Raven does not care about that. His mission, as I said earlier, is to save humanity. If he was intending to become king, then why didn't he help take out Cersei? 

Jesus, that was like reading someone's bad fanfiction of GoT.

What the show needed was more of that conversation between Tyrion and Jon way earlier, and just way more detail put into its scenes. The other episodes of season 8 would be okay if it wasn't GoT we were talking about. That was just utter shit. 4.4 on IMDB seems to agree. Never a good thing when the worst episode of the entire series is your last one.

I will agree on Favre on one point only. Dragons are not dumb animals. They have, however, been portrayed as such the entire TV series. In the books, him burning the throne would make perfect sense because he would absolutely recognize that Dany's quest for the throne is what killed her. In the TV series, it's just confusing.

Jon petting Ghost redeems the whole season though. Give the good boy some pets. 

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1