Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Final Season **SPOILER WARNING**

That’s still the problem. They didn’t have the material from George. George probably didn’t even have it at the time. He has since said he will change his original ending because of Karen’s like Thanatos. Which is beyond dumb imo. 

Maybe he’s backed off that some, I haven’t checked in on his progress for a while but it’s sad that people can alter the creativity of a guy whose been writing this story for 30 years. 

I was about to type, "Holy shit Ferve, it hasn't been 30 years, calm down," but holy shit it almost has! Got damn we're old. :(

But yeah, I definitely hope George sticks to his guns and writes the books the way he wants to write them. I read somewhere that the manuscripts for WoW and DoS are going to be 3,000 pages...EACH. That must be a typo, right?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SteVo said:

I was about to type, "Holy shit Ferve, it hasn't been 30 years, calm down," but holy shit it almost has! Got damn we're old. :(

But yeah, I definitely hope George sticks to his guns and writes the books the way he wants to write them. I read somewhere that the manuscripts for WoW and DoS are going to be 3,000 pages...EACH. That must be a typo, right?

I’m sweating over here just thinking about it lol 

16 hours ago, SteVo said:

C'mon, Thanatos...it can't be worse than Dexter, can it?

Anyway, my feelings are mostly the same. With the exception of Bran ruling as King, I like where all the characters ended, just hated how they got there. The episode-to-episode pacing is my biggest gripe. They should have stretched the final two seasons into much more than 13 episodes, though I guess I don't know how much additional material from GRRM they could have used.

"The Last of the Starks" (8.04) is the worst offender for me. The first half of the episode is pretty great, and then they cram multiple episodes of plot into forty minutes or something. It was just a clumsy, hasty rush to the finish line from a show capable of so much better.

That said, I still love and remember fondly the first six seasons, where the show was as good as any drama had been on a bad day, and the most groundbreaking drama ever on a good day. They didn't stick the landing, but it's still one of my favorite shows of all time.

I said that I've ever seen. Haven't seen Dexter.

13 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

That’s still the problem. They didn’t have the material from George. George probably didn’t even have it at the time. He has since said he will change his original ending because of Karen’s like Thanatos. Which is beyond dumb imo. 

Maybe he’s backed off that some, I haven’t checked in on his progress for a while but it’s sad that people can alter the creativity of a guy whose been writing this story for 30 years. 

"How dare you not like an ending!"
You're the Karen here, bud. George can do what he wants. It's sad that its taken him 30 years lol. He's not writing it, he's just doing his shows and stuff now. If that was his original ending, I trust he makes it make a hell of a lot more sense than that.

Edited by Thanatos

You’re way beyond “just not liking it” . Lmao. Let’s be honest with ourselves here. 

GRRM has said he had enough material for 10+ seasons of television. I think D&D should have tapped into some of that, because one of my big problems with season 8 is that there's absolutely nothing happening in Westeros for three-and-a-half episodes outside the Winterfell battle. Some sort of peripheral storylines would have gone a long way.

1 hour ago, SteVo said:

GRRM has said he had enough material for 10+ seasons of television. I think D&D should have tapped into some of that, because one of my big problems with season 8 is that there's absolutely nothing happening in Westeros for three-and-a-half episodes outside the Winterfell battle. Some sort of peripheral storylines would have gone a long way.

I've read that before, but what I took from it at the time, was that it could've gone longer but that choice would've had to be made a long time ago. It's not like they got to season 8, and could've stretched that into... 9, 10, 11... I think it's more he (GRRM) was talking about all the stuff they had already actively cut. Stuff like lady stoneheart for example. I think HBO and D&D knew where they were going relatively early. I think that stuff would've just slowed the show down too much. 

Again, that's me thinking george was talking earlier cuts. I don't think the material was there yet in Season 8 to stretch that, but obv that would have been ideal because it was basically just an info / action dump.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:52 AM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

You’re way beyond “just not liking it” . Lmao. Let’s be honest with ourselves here. 

Season 8, episodes 4-6 were the worst three episodes of the entire series. Ending a fantastic series with the three worst episode in a row is not a good look. It's a fantastic show with a godawful ending. Doesn't mean I don't like it. I love Mass Effect. Same deal. Shitty ending doesn't ruin the whole thing it just makes me a bit sad with how awesome it could have been.