Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Jon Stewart's Speech to Congress

This is not- or at least should not- be a partisan issue. Powerful speech.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I had two friends post this link but then start drawing party lines and blaming one side or the other. Just MO, but if that's what you are making this about, I don't think you really understand where Stewart stands. I think somebody even asked him which party was to blame, and he just said (basically) -- it doesn't matter, this just needs to get done. Period.

And he's right.

What more proof do we need to say that we don't live in a democratic society? Who would be against this on either/any side? Should we really be surprised though? I mean is this really any worse than dropping bombs on women and children so that we can steal their resources? These are some of the worst, most disgusting human beings in the world and they are just as bad as Assad, Hussein, Kadhafi, you name it. They're doing this shit for a fucking pay day. 

I will say the blame for this *still* being an issue is squarely on the shoulders of Mitch McConnell. It was going to pass in 2015 and then Mitch blocked it because he couldn't attach a rider to it. Shame on everyone for it being an issue even that long, but Mitch is largely responsible for the past three years of stalling.

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I will say the blame for this *still* being an issue is squarely on the shoulders of Mitch McConnell. It was going to pass in 2015 and then Mitch blocked it because he couldn't attach a rider to it. Shame on everyone for it being an issue even that long, but Mitch is largely responsible for the past three years of stalling.

Why weren't the Dems trying to use this one to win an election though? Stewart and his people lobbied Dems too. Mitch McConnell is a fucking chode to be certain but there's a reason why he kicks the Democrats ass legislatively wise. The reason is that the Democrats are controlled opposition. Did you see the Koch brothers are going to be giving money to incumbent Dems? They're owned by the same oligarchs as the Republicans.

Judiciary committee passed it, it will go to the House where it should pass and then will see what McConnell does. 

The House passed it unanimously. Let's see what Mitch does.

40 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

The House passed it unanimously. Let's see what Mitch does.

lol my guess is to pass it and try to make himself look like a hero like the scum sucking leach he is.

Go fuck yourself Rand Paul. 
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/rand-paul-objects-9-11-funding-unanimous-consent-gillibrand/index.html

Senate asked for unanimous consent to pass the bill for 9/11 first responders to the floor. Rand Paul was the only one who objected because he says it will add to the nation's debt. This is after he voted for Trump's tax cuts that are adding to the national debt. He's making a political statement at the expense of actual heroes. Lost all respect I ever had for this shitbag.

Edit: My bad, we have another shit-eating GOPer who also is trying to hold it up: Mike Lee. He's the dude who placed a hold on the bill on the first place. Both of you can go fuck yourselves.

Edited by Thanatos

Rand Paul has always been a little faggot piggybacking on his dad's name with a mouthful of GOP/donor cocks.

"I stand with Rand!!" Go fucking die.

• Upvote 1

Cutting spending should definitely be something talked about.  But uh. Ya... this isn’t the hill you want to die on. You could make similar objections about pretty much any legislation on the floor. Not wise to pick this one to plant your flag into.

2 hours ago, Omerta said:

Unfortunately lip service is all that people who serve this country in any capacity will get. That is what fucks up so many people, is to realize the country that "loves you" could really care less about you.

These firefighters have known for damn near two decades and keep having it proved to them. They are real life heroes, but this country doesn't care.

I agree with everything you said but for one thing. The PEOPLE in this country DO care. It's the people that own this country that don't.

9 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

I agree with everything you said but for one thing. The PEOPLE in this country DO care. It's the people that own this country that don't.

Yeah I dont think they do. I think most people are so party centric they could care less unless there is a way to use it to show their party is totally better and whatnot. 

5 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Yeah I dont think they do. I think most people are so party centric they could care less unless there is a way to use it to show their party is totally better and whatnot. 

Idk man, I know every conservative minded person that I've met supports first responders and Jon Stewart has always been pretty liberal and he's bringing a lot of Democrats to the party on this issue. I think where the party centric thing comes into play is when it comes to pointing fingers as to who is responsible for this. I think if you asked 100 random people a very high percentage would be outraged.

• Upvote 1

I mean honestly though, if enough people cared this would be fixed. Or should I say if enough people cared enough. 

It's like anything political, sure I care about little kids in some bumfuck part of the world. Do I care enough to go vote for the one candidate who has made that their platform? No. Do I care about soldiers, wounded vets, kids in America and Ireland, and first responders enough to get up and vote and donate to someone who will make that their cause. Absolutley.

If enough people cared enough it would be fixed already, but that's just my opinion. I can tell you right now that is why half the Dekocrats in the race always rule themselves out for me.