Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Aw yiss more replay.

The broadcast angle caveat is interesting. I sorta feel like this is gonna throw time out management right out the window cuz who needs 'em when you're more than likely gonna get stoppage at some point during the last two minutes of the game.  The wording is also sort of interesting. "Significantly hinders"? That's like, probably 10% of actual PI calls.  Or maybe not and it's been too long since football season.

Either way.

:nosir:

I’m conflicted. I hate all these dumb stoppages, but I do want to make sure the right calls are made. I’m hoping with some of the wording that it was speed up and lessen the amount of time that the replay is going on 

• Upvote 2

Replay review is dumb and people are overreacting to one bad call. PI and defensive holding are overcalled. We don't need to slow down the game to have more of them.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Replay review is dumb and people are overreacting to one bad call. PI and defensive holding are overcalled. We don't need to slow down the game to have more of them.

I still think if it is really that big of a problem, go to college rules.

9 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I’m conflicted. I hate all these dumb stoppages, but I do want to make sure the right calls are made. I’m hoping with some of the wording that it was speed up and lessen the amount of time that the replay is going on 

This is my reaction now as well. I get it. The Saints/Rams call was awful and literally changed who went to the Superbowl. I just don't know about this, though. I guess we'll see. I don't want it to slow the game down even more.

Lol Jesus fucking christ. You never fucking learn. This is pointless. It amounts to nothing. The same thing will happen that always  happens. They make any call they fucking feel like, to fit what ever outcome they want. 

And you're a complete fool if you don't think they have the technology to alter a video in seconds, to make a call look a certain way. That may be extreme but it doesn't' matter.they still make any call they want. Last year's  Saints-Rams game was another example  how pliable and stupid the public  is. 

Edited by PhilElliot

Phil's mad, y'all.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:03 AM, Vin said:

Phil's mad, y'all.

I mean this is the dude who built a whole conspiracy theory around the score of the SB being 16-3, when it was actually 13-3, thus proving you can use any numbers you want to to make any ludicrous theory sound like it has some merit.

Steelers president Art Rooney II said NFL owners "weren't that enthusiastic" about implementing the new pass interference review system, but they agreed to a one-year trial because of the competition committee's recommendation.

The owners' instincts were correct, but they don't deserve any credit here because they still implemented the broken system. This year, teams have tried to challenge pass interference calls, but the referees have upheld the ruling on the field almost every single time. Simply put, the new system is wasting everybody's time and is giving teams false hope. Rooney also said the increase in penalties is an NFL "concern" and most fans would agree. There will likely be a lot of rule change discussions at next year's NFL meetings.

I still believe the sky judge idea was better, and would have ensured a higher amount of real-time quality assurance for ALL calls on the field, rather than the one.  I mean...looking at the challenge win %, it's pretty obvious officials are extremely hesitant to overturn even some obvious (if not egregious) calls, for fear of looking inept.  It has a very political stench to it, and that's the part I hate.