Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Top 100 NFL Players of 2019

Someone posted the snap splits for Watt and he's in coverage about 1/3 as much as our OLBs were under LeBeau (and in previous seasons under Butler). They used to be back in coverage ~34% of the time, he was back there like 10%. Makes sense why he's broken some Steeler stats. He's a great player and the arrow is pointing up for him, but I'm not ready to crown him like most of Steeler Nation.

7 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Cam Newton being on the list is bold, but what can you do?

I thought so at first, but they made a good case for him IMO. I mean numbers can lie, but sounds like he was rolling before injury and not nosediving in talent like the media claims. 

7 hours ago, butta54 said:

Interested in why you think that about Henry?

He had one great month last year but those 4 games accounted for about 1/2 of his yardage for the season. He's a solid back with tons of talent, but he needs to show a lot more consistency before I'd put him in the top 100.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oochymp said:

He had one great month last year but those 4 games accounted for about 1/2 of his yardage for the season. He's a solid back with tons of talent, but he needs to show a lot more consistency before I'd put him in the top 100.

Well the Top 100 is definitively a ranking from the past season. You don't think this season gets him in at the back end? 

3 hours ago, butta54 said:

I thought so at first, but they made a good case for him IMO. I mean numbers can lie, but sounds like he was rolling before injury and not nosediving in talent like the media claims. 

Sure, but the injury still happened and he did play poorly for the second half of the season. With how many QB's played at least at his level last year, it's hard to justify a spot for him, is all.

2 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

Sure, but the injury still happened and he did play poorly for the second half of the season. With how many QB's played at least at his level last year, it's hard to justify a spot for him, is all.

True, but it isn't really a pure stats thing...which I like...its a respect of talent thing. And players think a healthy Cam is a top 100 player. I can dig that. 

All I have to say is.....KIRK COUSINS?!?!?! :insidejob:

16 hours ago, butta54 said:

He was, he was having a fantastic year, but TJ Watt separated his shoulder in the Steelers game, (clean hit, shit happens), and he was never the same afterwards. 

Ya wtf is Kirk Cousins doing on this list

I'm confused as to why everyone is hating on Cousins? He was a huge "get" for Minnesota last offseason, turned in one of his best seasons via efficiency and such. ???

Robert Woods, on the other hand, belongs nowhere near this list. Complete product of the system (like Goff).