Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Top 100 NFL Players of 2019

4 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Since the beginning I have been stating that the scheme leads to wide-open passes. For everyone involved on the Rams/Chiefs/Pats. If nobody is within 5 yards of you when you catch it because your coaches are drawing up situations to get you there, you're going to have an inflated YAC.

"You are trying to confirm an abundance of talent because of higher stats, and I would say that is a false narrative, incomplete at best."

Middling players can do well in a great system. Great players can do well in a poor system. Woods has shown the former, but not the latter. 5 years of doing nothing in Buffalo says a lot more about him than one good season with the Rams. Brandon Lloyd lead the league in receiving one year.

No...I'm not using stats as an argument....that is you....my whole point is that stats don't tell the whole story and can't be used to discount ability. 

Doing "nothing" in Buffalo is a stretch. But overall I agree, I've said this many times. Problem is....there are VERY VERY few players that are better than scheme. Most players have skillsets that are better utilized with certain philosophies. That's football. Doesn't discount Woods from being a top 100 player. Otherwise we would just have a top 15 list. 

2 hours ago, butta54 said:

No...I'm not using stats as an argument....that is you....my whole point is that stats don't tell the whole story and can't be used to discount ability. 

Doing "nothing" in Buffalo is a stretch. But overall I agree, I've said this many times. Problem is....there are VERY VERY few players that are better than scheme. Most players have skillsets that are better utilized with certain philosophies. That's football. Doesn't discount Woods from being a top 100 player. Otherwise we would just have a top 15 list. 

I agree with your general sentiment, but I just vehemently disagree on Woods. Also, was Fitz really one of the top 100 players last year? He's been waning for a while now.

Ben had one of his best statistical years. He's one of the all-time greats in every statistical category. He has always been hated by the media and fans. He will be lauded in retirement when I'm an old man saying, "I told you so"

6 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Ben had one of his best statistical years. He's one of the all-time greats in every statistical category. He has always been hated by the media and fans. He will be lauded in retirement when I'm an old man saying, "I told you so"

Well this isn't a list by media or fans lol

Just for comparisons sake... Pro Football Focus had a list of its Top 50 players. Bakhtiari was their best offensive lineman and 13th overall. Over the last three years, he has the lowest rate of pressures in his protection of any lineman in the league. Crazy to see the disrespect from other places. 

Baker played well last year, but I am really interested to see how he fares this season. The Browns have loaded up, but I wonder if his ego will get in the way.

It is even more amazing when you consider he probably has only the 2nd biggest ego on the team. The Browns Kitty their set the league on fire without all fence, or they could be a different, out of sync middling team by week 6.

5 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Just for comparisons sake... Pro Football Focus had a list of its Top 50 players. Bakhtiari was their best offensive lineman and 13th overall. Over the last three years, he has the lowest rate of pressures in his protection of any lineman in the league. Crazy to see the disrespect from other places. 

Baker played well last year, but I am really interested to see how he fares this season. The Browns have loaded up, but I wonder if his ego will get in the way.

Disrespect? He went up almost 50 spots and was 1st team all-pro. I don't pay much attention to PFF...especially when it comes to offensive linemen.

19 minutes ago, butta54 said:

Disrespect? He went up almost 50 spots and was 1st team all-pro. I don't pay much attention to PFF...especially when it comes to offensive linemen.

DISRESPECT. lol. 

I get not taking PFF at face value. But even assuming their stats are wrong, are they really so wrong that he goes from by far the best pass protector per snap to... whatever you are thinking he is? His skill set is far beyond what you give him credit for. Add to the fact that his QB holds onto the ball for 12 seconds every pass play and its even more impressive. 

2 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

DISRESPECT. lol. 

I get not taking PFF at face value. But even assuming their stats are wrong, are they really so wrong that he goes from by far the best pass protector per snap to... whatever you are thinking he is? His skill set is far beyond what you give him credit for. Add to the fact that his QB holds onto the ball for 12 seconds every pass play and its even more impressive. 

Are you speaking at me specifically? Cause I didn't say anything about his skill set lol.

Nah. I mean, it isn't your list. Ha. NFL players suck at this Kappa