Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Top 100 NFL Players of 2019

Imagine if Jamal Adams could end up on the Chiefs this season. A face/leader of the defense along with a face/leader of the offense like Mahomes for years...I would give up 2 first rounds for him if I'm KC. 

Starting to wonder if Kenny Clark makes this list. Would be surprised to see him in the top 30 of this. If he completely misses, the players or whoever makes this list have no idea what they're doing.

4 minutes ago, Packers Dynasty 2010 said:

Starting to wonder if Kenny Clark makes this list. Would be surprised to see him in the top 30 of this. If he completely misses, the players or whoever makes this list have no idea what they're doing.

Players make this list. Kenny Clark isn't some elite stud. Not surprising he is past over. Akiem Hicks is twice the player he is and just made it for the first time. Only 100 players. Not every talented player is going to make it. 

12 minutes ago, butta54 said:

Players make this list. Kenny Clark isn't some elite stud. Not surprising he is past over. Akiem Hicks is twice the player he is and just made it for the first time. Only 100 players. Not every talented player is going to make it. 

You're sleeping on Clark. Twice the player? Lmao. You need go do some film study on Clark. Prepare to have your mind changed.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

4 minutes ago, Packers Dynasty 2010 said:

You're sleeping on Clark. Twice the player? Lmao. Go do some film study on Clark.

I've seen Kenny Clark since he came out of UCLA. You really want to talk about ability to shed blocks and ruin plays and put Kenny Clark up against Hicks? 

18 minutes ago, butta54 said:

I've seen Kenny Clark since he came out of UCLA. You really want to talk about ability to shed blocks and ruin plays and put Kenny Clark up against Hicks? 

Apparently you aren't watching him enough then. He has quietly become a beast and contributes against both the run and pass, which can't be said for many NTs. He was 5th in run stops among IDL and still put up great pass rush stats for an IDL. He was ranked 8th among IDL in pass rush productivity from PFF. PFF isn't the end all be all obviously, but pass rushing stats are hard to come by unless you just want to look at sacks. You are also conveniently forgetting another part of his job is to eat up blocks and not let lanes be established, unless you want to refer to that as ruining plays.

Just walking two o-linemen and not letting the RB go anywhere.

Is he better than Hicks? Not yet, but to think Hicks is twice the player is just being an extreme homer. He deserves recognition and any good top 100 list would show that. But this list has already shown how garbage it is with having the likes of Cousins, Conner, and Baker on it.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Kenny Clark is an elite interior defender. If you don’t think so, you don’t watch him enough. 

With that said, Hicks is also a monster and should be much higher on this list IMO.

Thats the flaws of this list. Players don’t really study or do anything to make it... it just hypes the overhyped. The guys who are on sports center every week, the guys who get the most tweet mentions or whatever. Those are the guys that get higher up on this list. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

@Packers Dynasty 2010 & @DalaiLama4Ever

First, I'll say I don't watch him as much as Hicks...that is obvious and same could be said in reverse for you two. But I have watched him in games and on film this summer. 

Second, saying he isn't Hicks SHOULDN'T be taken as a statement of disrespect or an attempt to say he isn't good, great, or talented. He just isn't the same level of DL as Hicks to me. 

Third, we should all acknowledge they aren't exactly the same type of position as in they aren't asked to do the same things as you point out PD2010. However, even with that being said I believe Hicks is simply more devastating. Was "twice the player" a little hyperbole? Not to me, but I won't fight you too hard on it. 

Lastly, Players play against each other of course...they see each other on film gameplanning and getting ready for them....and of course there is the social media/sports media aspect. I do think the "splash" players are more likely to get respect, but that is why players try to make splash plays because it stands out. 

Extremely glad for Leonard...but I broke down his year...he has stats and will be good, but he isn't at all a top 30 player or close to Luke and Bobby.