Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Super Bowl LIV Picks

I hate picking the hot, trendy team, but how can you not go with Baltimore in the AFC? New England doesn't have the firepower, and Andy Reid will find a way to choke.

I think the Saints are the best team in the league, but not getting the bye is a crushing blow for them. The last time a non-bye team even made it to the Super Bowl was the Ravens seven years ago. Again, I hate picking favorites but something about Green Bay doesn't seem right (Rodgers looked listless last Sunday), so I'm going with San Francisco.

Ho hum. Rock chalk.

:Ravens: > :49ers: 

(Watch them both get upset in the Divisional Round now.)

lol the Ravens are just a front runner that will die in the playoffs. You guys cant be real fans and not see this is history repeating itself.

16 hours ago, PhilElliot said:

lol the Ravens are just a front runner that will die in the playoffs. You guys cant be real fans and not see this is history repeating itself.

Was this before or after the Redskins make the playoffs? 

• Upvote 2

The only team that are likely beat the Ravens is KC imo. There is nobody in the NFC that is that scary imo.

Any team can, sure. Except the Eagles. We could play a bad game and win that one. If all teams play their best, we are the champs. If we don't come out swinging for KC, they could very well beat us. The saints play to what we do well. We are a bad matchup for them, and the 9ers are looking more beatable every week.

Edited by Omerta

Ravens & Saints

Ravens are entering the playoffs as the best team in the league and I don't think it's very close. The Saints on the other hand are a dangerous team with a pretty easy road.. Vikings in the dome, Packers  and then a familiar opponent with the Niners who they should have and just about beat already. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

The saints only big threats are Thomas and Brees. Kamara has to be hurt because outside a few splash plays a game he is not as great. The Ravens possess the best secondary in the NFL and it might be the widest skill position gap in the league. Nobody is even close. 

The only exception is Tyreek Hill. He has extraordinary speed. Thomas isn't that. 

If the Ravens make it through the chiefs I would put them around 70% to win the ship. Is not I think the saints beat the chiefs in the ship.

4 minutes ago, Omerta said:

The saints only big threats are Thomas and Brees. Kamara has to be hurt because outside a few splash plays a game he is not as great. The Ravens possess the best secondary in the NFL and it might be the widest skill position gap in the league. Nobody is even close. 

The only exception is Tyreek Hill. He has extraordinary speed. Thomas isn't that. 

If the Ravens make it through the chiefs I would put them around 70% to win the ship. Is not I think the saints beat the chiefs in the ship.

Kamara has turned a corner the past few weeks. Discount him at your peril. Saints can absolutely take the Ravens. So can the 49ers- they came within a FG of winning at your house and I'd argue their offense has only gotten better since that game.

I would be somewhat shocked if someone other than Baltimore, KC, New Orleans, or San Fran won the title. 

Green Bay has got to be the weakest 2 seed in a long time. NE is always a threat, but they just don't have the firepower to take on KC or Baltimore to me. Hell, Tennessee is a threat to them this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Kamara has turned a corner the past few weeks. Discount him at your peril. Saints can absolutely take the Ravens. So can the 49ers- they came within a FG of winning at your house and I'd argue their offense has only gotten better since that game.

I would be somewhat shocked if someone other than Baltimore, KC, New Orleans, or San Fran won the title. 

Green Bay has got to be the weakest 2 seed in a long time. NE is always a threat, but they just don't have the firepower to take on KC or Baltimore to me. Hell, Tennessee is a threat to them this weekend.

Sure any given Sunday but if every team plays their best games the chiefs are the only team that is concerning. We beat both the saints and 9ers by two possessions if both teams play their best. The 9ers game was never as close as it looked. Save for 1 of 2 Lamar Jackson fumbles on the season coming in their redzone we go up two scores and it never gets close.

Our secondary could smother Thomas, and Kamara is still not the same guy he was with Ingram. I would take 5 backs over him at this point.

Edited by Omerta

16 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Sure any given Sunday but if every team plays their best games the chiefs are the only team that is concerning. We beat both the saints and 9ers by two possessions if both teams play their best. The 9ers game was never as close as it looked. Save for 1 of 2 Lamar Jackson fumbles on the season coming in their redzone we go up two scores and it never gets close.

Our secondary could smother Thomas, and Kamara is still not the same guy he was with Ingram. I would take 5 backs over him at this point.

Thomas is un-coverable with Brees throwing to him. He'd have 100+ yards and a TD easily. I don't really see Baltimore's defense slowing the Saints down much. To be clear here, I would be rooting for Baltimore hardcore in this scenario. A) I hate the Saints for obvious reasons B) Lamar is from Louisville. I just don't think it'll be the pushover you seem to think it will be. You're also relying on the playoffs not being too big for Lamar. 

I would also take 5 backs over Kamara, I'm just saying he's looked a lot better recently.

Or the defense stops you in the redzone like they did two other times. Niners are a very good team that has only gotten better since that game.

Just now, Thanatos said:

Thomas is un-coverable with Brees throwing to him. He'd have 100+ yards and a TD easily. I don't really see Baltimore's defense slowing the Saints down much. To be clear here, I would be rooting for Baltimore hardcore in this scenario. A) I hate the Saints for obvious reasons B) Lamar is from Louisville. I just don't think it'll be the pushover you seem to think it will be. You're also relying on the playoffs not being too big for Lamar. 

I would also take 5 backs over Kamara, I'm just saying he's looked a lot better recently.

Or the defense stops you in the redzone like they did two other times. Niners are a very good team that has only gotten better since that game.

No team that loses to Atlanta is that much better. Niners are good, for sure. They have not gotten better. They have started 10-0. Their last 6 they are 3-3 and BARELY squeaked out of the Rams game with a win. They are not getting better. 

NOBODY is uncoverable, especially with our secondary. Humphrey has shut Thomas down before. 

Since week 5 we have the best defense in the league. We can slow the offense down immensely, especially given the state of our line. 

As to Kamara. Since week 6 he has 4 games over 60 yards. In his last 6 games he's topped 60 yards rushing 3 times. He is not turning a corner. He is not scary AT ALL. 

We would scorch that defense. 

Neither your argument about the 9ers or Kamara make any sense. The numbers don't bare out your argument. The hottest team is KC, the most consistent is Baltimore. 

No NFC team is that scary.

And Baltimore has to win their next Super Bowl in the next couple of years because there's a very small window for Jackson being as effective as he is right now. Defenses will catch up. They better be all in this year. 

That is a narrative that won't work anymore. He is more than proficient as a passer. He is still growing at 22 and already breaking records.  I used to think that and I never thought Jackson would be good, much less as good as he is. He is younger than Joe Burrow... Let that marinade.

The instant their running attack isn't phenomenal, he'll be forced to make more difficult throws than he has had to thus far. It's not going to be pretty relative to how smooth this offense operates right now. I don't mean to root against him--I just find his passing ability to be drastically overstated. 

5 hours ago, Omerta said:

Was this before or after the Redskins make the playoffs? 

Lol oh darn, one playoff team wrong. My SB macro pick still intact.

I was right about Rams  not being good this year. Do you point thst out? Nope.

Watch as the SB is Niners  vs Pats. Then you'll make new excuses. 

21 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

The instant their running attack isn't phenomenal, he'll be forced to make more difficult throws than he has had to thus far. It's not going to be pretty relative to how smooth this offense operates right now. I don't mean to root against him--I just find his passing ability to be drastically overstated. 

Then you're not watching enough.

19 minutes ago, PhilElliot said:

Lol oh darn, one playoff team wrong. My SB macro pick still intact.

I was right about Rams  not being good this year. Do you point thst out? Nope.

Watch as the SB is Niners  vs Pats. Then you'll make new excuses. 

It's not the first one you got wrong, you're just not as good as reading the signs as me, I can help you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Omerta said:

It's not the first one you got wrong, you're just not as good as reading the signs as me, I can help you.

i'm going to make a fool of you, every step of the way. I already have to begin with

7 hours ago, PhilElliot said:

i'm going to make a fool of you, every step of the way. I already have to begin with

I don't know man, I haven't missed yet, you on the other hand.... It's scripted you just have to know what to look for. You have been wrong too often to be on my level.

19 hours ago, Omerta said:

Don't forget who's throwing them the ball. In 15 post season games, Brees has thrown for over 4700 yards, 33 TD's and just 11 picks all at a 65% rate. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

Don't forget who's throwing them the ball. In 15 post season games, Brees has thrown for over 4700 yards, 33 TD's and just 11 picks all at a 65% rate. 

Brees, with those stats is also 1 - 5 in the playoffs on the road. His only win coming against the Nick Foles / Chip Kelly Eagles.. Brees sucked major ass that day and Saints kicked a FG as time expired.

I think both the Eagles and Bills  reach conf Championship..but to lose  of course. Every year, at least one of the 4 remaining teams is a upset surprise. 

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Breesus is amazing. To me he is the best QB in football. That said it's not him, it's his line that will cripple him. He has proven short guys can be dominant. That said with his offensive line in his face it is a huge problem. That will be their undoing.

19 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Breesus is amazing. To me he is the best QB in football. That said it's not him, it's his line that will cripple him. He has proven short guys can be dominant. That said with his offensive line in his face it is a huge problem. That will be their undoing.

Maybe man but that offensive line is also pretty damn good and keeping him on his feet and making holes for the run game. If the Saints can keep it close and give Brees a shot at the end, I'm not sure how you don't fear the Saints. They're a very complete team with a ballsy coach and a hall of fame QB who might be the most accurate thrower of the football who ever lived. If there's one thing that can beat great coverage, that'd be it. 

Edit: also in regards to the Eagles or any other NFC team who makes the super bowl, we saw the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. We saw the Steelers win the Super Bowl with Cowher at what? 9-7? Hell, the Ravens won it at 9-7. Any team hot enough to make it to the Super Bowl can win it.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Brees, with those stats is also 1 - 5 in the playoffs on the road. His only win coming against the Nick Foles / Chip Kelly Eagles.. Brees sucked major ass that day and Saints kicked a FG as time expired.

A super bowl is a road game for both teams and Drew Brees has gotten some pretty shit teams into the playoffs. He's had several historically bad defenses and honestly playing like shit most of a game and pulling it out in the end, is to me, a measure of greatness. To me that says he can win any kind of game so long as he's in striking distance. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

Maybe man but that offensive line is also pretty damn good and keeping him on his feet and making holes for the run game. If the Saints can keep it close and give Brees a shot at the end, I'm not sure how you don't fear the Saints. They're a very complete team with a ballsy coach and a hall of fame QB who might be the most accurate thrower of the football who ever lived. If there's one thing that can beat great coverage, that'd be it. 

Edit: also in regards to the Eagles or any other NFC team who makes the super bowl, we saw the Giants beat the undefeated Pats. We saw the Steelers win the Super Bowl with Cowher at what? 9-7? Hell, the Ravens won it at 9-7. Any team hot enough to make it to the Super Bowl can win it.

That offensive line has been getting beat the hell up lately.

There eagles secondary won't let them get close imo.