Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Week 7

Thoughts:

Kirk Cousins needs haters. Everyone hate Kirk Cousins so he can continue to dominate shitty teams and suck against the good ones. He's so consistent that it's sort of embarrassing to watch.

Mud Bowls are really freaking fun. Having a game end in 2 hours and 45 minutes is a really nice change of pace, and the NFL could only wish it was paced as nicely for every game this season. But the longer the games run, the more ad revenue they can squeeze in. Pathetic.

I think the Bengals might actually be worse than the Dolphins and that the Dolphins will be the first team to win a game. Fitzmagic only needs to happen once, but the Bengals don't even have a chance at that.

Are the Colts actually the team with the best chance to dethrone the Pats this season in the AFC? I know I had them as the best team in the AFC with Andrew Luck, but I wasn't expecting the dropoff to Brissett to be so small honestly. He's doing exactly what they need to win, without having to put everything on his shoulders. But when they needed him this week, he stood up and delivered. 

It took half a season, but Aaron Rodgers finally looks like Aaron Rodgers again. 5 TDs through the air, another on the ground, no turnovers, this is the Rodgers we've grown to expect. It's only natural to expect growing pains when you're working with a brand new coach, brand new system, and a bunch of young receivers, but we've finally seen some rhythm established, and we're finally reminds just why Rodgers is the career leader in passer rating.

The Chargers keep finding ways to lose in hideous fashion. Having your touchdowns called back twice in the last drive, only to have your star runningback who held out for nothing fumble it away? It almost seems karmic somehow. Philip Rivers might not deserve this... but he's a hardcore catholic, of course he deserves eternal suffering.

Rodgers and the offense have really started to click and it's all without Davante the past 3 weeks. If he returns next week, which is his goal, this offense should be really fun to watch. I still think trading for Sanders would be the smart move and help catapult this team to being one of the top contenders. Rodgers is really buying into LaFleur and you are seeing all kinds of wrinkles in the gameplan/playcalling that Green Bay hasn't seen in a long time. RBs running corner routes, FB running a wheel routes off a PA, jet sweeps and pre-snap motion being used frequently, etc.

Defense was lackluster between the 20s and can see the effect of not having Savage and Greene out there but the defense turned it up a notch in the redzone (with some help from Carr). Most surprising is that we didn't notch a single sack but the Raiders' o-line is pretty good even with Brown out.

Other thoughts:

I may be biased but I can't say I'm impressed by Nagy. Granted he is working with Trubs but his playcalling has been very questionable and I don't think he is as good as some try to say. He abandons the run, even when the game is still close, and when he is running it's stupid gimmick/gadget plays like a QB option when your QB is returning from a shoulder injury. Or running Patterson up the middle on 3rd and 1. Cohen is the 2nd best offense player for them and is hardly used. He hardly gets rushing attempts and is only used in short dumpoffs. Let him run a route against a LB, he will be wide open. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears end up last in the division.

After the Eagles came into Lambeau and beat the Packers, I figured they were going to start rolling and look good. But the past 2 weeks have just been more disappointment from them. Their secondary is a mess outside of Jenkins, which everyone knew and should not be surprising. But their offense has looked pretty bad as well and can't keep up with WRs torching their secondary.

The Chargers are a giant mess. I know injuries have been aplenty but damn this team is terrible. Many thought they could challenge the Chiefs for the division, but instead they are headed for a top 10 pick. It seems like everything is going wrong and I could see Lynn being fired because the organization is run by idiots.

Speaking of organizations run by idiots, it would be great if the NFL could find a way to make Snyder sell the Redskins. It's never going to happen, but that fanbase deserves better and it needs new ownership if it ever wants to turn it around.

Speaking of organizations run by idiots, it would be great if the NFL could find a way to make Snyder sell the Redskins. It's never going to happen, but that fanbase deserves better and it needs new ownership if it ever wants to turn it around

=================================

The nfl is one entertainment  company. Not 32 separate  companies. Until fans stop going to games all together. The nfl needs to change nothing. Snyder is doing exactly  what the nfl tells him to. He has no problems.

That said. I picked them to make playoffs and they will. Everyone else in the division  will get 5 or 6 wins. Redskins will get 8. The division  sucks and Redskins are still only 2 and 3 games behind.

And the Redskins are building a new stadium  soon...somewhat soon. That means wins will come in the next couple seasons.