Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

2019-20 NBA Season Thread

Reactions from Night 1, 10/22:

Is Fred Vanvleet a potential star in this league? I don't want to overreact to one game by any stretch, but since the ECF last year, he's playing at a completely different level. He's likely too small to find ways to score high totals when his 3s aren't falling, but he's a pitbull who will find other ways to contribute.

Toronto needs to commit to the defensive side of the ball in order to have any chance at repeating in the Eastern Conference. Even of they do, Siakam has to take another step offensively. He had 34 last night. We shall see.

Not a good look for LeBron and AD to lose to Kawhi + role players. 

Edited by BwareDWare94

3 straight losses for the Sixers now after the hot start. It was their first west coast trip though and it kind of highlighted the fact that Embiid's conditioning Isn't where it needs to be. Hopefully less weight means he can improve on that as the season goes on. When the Sixers gel I think they're going to be a uniquely old school team centered around defense and rebounding and I think with all these teams going for more shooting the Sixers style of play could be effective. Thybulle seems like a great pick. If he can develop a consistent 3pt shot he will be the best 3 and D guy in the game not named Klay Thompson.

What are your guys thoughts on the proposed playoff format if the NBA returns this season. I think it's really interesting and it kind of eliminates the whole strength of conference thing that the NBA has struggled with for a while. Would love to see how the East stacks up against the West in this kind of format.