Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Guest Durant4MVP

Been playing COD4 a lot again lately (on PC). If anyone else here plays hit me up! I play on the S*8 Clan and Clowns Crossfire 24/7 servers pretty much exclusively.

Is it consoles or PC?

PC. It's pretty much WoW with slightly different combat mechanics. I didn't care for it.

http://www.ea.com/ma...s-press-release

Madden NFL 12 launches on August 30 and transforms on-field action and core gameplay modes, driving innovation in six key areas: Playbooks and Gameplay; Presentation; Franchise and Superstar modes; Dynamic Player Performance; Madden Ultimate Team; and Online Communities.

Playbooks and Gameplay:

• All-New Collision System: Now maintain full control of players up to the point of impact – from tackling to blocking – providing the most authentic collisions in franchise history. This new system uses a player's momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles, to provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling.

• Advanced Defensive AI: Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.

• Custom Playbooks: The #1 most requested feature by fans in recent years, allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook or creating your own by selecting up to 400 offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks. Integrate your custom playbook into a game plan for use with the improved GameFlow system, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.

Presentation

• Broadcast Redefined: Experience NFL Sundays like never before with completely overhauled presentation, including 32 team-specific run outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras authentic to every NFL stadium, innovative "real" on-field cameras shot by expert NFL Films cameramen, and a network inspired new broadcast graphics package.

• Unprecedented On-Field Authenticity: Hundreds of visual improvements across all areas of the game including: new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics, a player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations that showcase the personalities of each NFL player.

Franchise and Superstar Modes

• Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.

• In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. More details on Franchise and Superstar modes will be released on May 16.

Dynamic Player Performance

• Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player's skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12, and more details will be revealed at the E3 Expo on June 6.

Madden NFL Ultimate Team

• The perfect combination of Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. More information on how to earn, buy, auction, and trade players will be released on June 20.

Online Communities

• Online Communities will provide an all-new way for Madden NFL gamers to meet and play. More details will be released on July 25.

Edited by BlaineDifference

I am actually doing the reverse I love it but I don't want to play it so much I get bored with in when it is out. If they tone down power of the sawed off shotty but give more bullets in compensation then it will be amazing multipayer. That gun is my only gripe

There is a 3 month gap in between beta and retail release. I already got Cole as a playable character, but I still need to unlock the gold retro lancer for the retail version of the game. And even if I do overplay it... there will be a 3 month break for me to be able to get back into the Gears mood. ;)

There is a 3 month gap in between beta and retail release. I already got Cole as a playable character, but I still need to unlock the gold retro lancer for the retail version of the game. And even if I do overplay it... there will be a 3 month break for me to be able to get back into the Gears mood. ;)

Ah I think for me as well I haven't had a big chance to really get into it with the amount of uni work and then work itself while the Beta has been out. I am getting the legendary edition so I think I get the god lancer anyway.

MLB 2k11 I just started a Franchise with the ChiSox won 8-1 however Peavy gets injured in the 8th wiht a herniated disk. So much for him being healthy

People still buy that garbage Madden? Must be some Nicotine in it or something.

I've been playing the Splinter Cell Trilogy on PC for the past month or so, currently about halfway on Pandora Tomorrow. Always been the worst game of the series but I'm playing it for the hell of it. Nothing beats the original though. The Oil Refinery level is so fun.

• Upvote 1

Red Dead Redemption

Busted out the Uncharted 2.

People still buy that garbage Madden? Must be some Nicotine in it or something.

I've been playing the Splinter Cell Trilogy on PC for the past month or so, currently about halfway on Pandora Tomorrow. Always been the worst game of the series but I'm playing it for the hell of it. Nothing beats the original though. The Oil Refinery level is so fun.

Or maybe because it's the only NFL game on the market.

Mass Effect 3 Spoilers:

Your Mass Effect 3 squad will be smaller than your ME2 squad, which had 12 recruits. "We're focused on a smaller squad with deeper relationships and more interesting interplay in Mass Effect 3," Mass Effect overlord Casey Hudson explained.

I hope they don't cut Mordin, but I get the feeling they will.

Confirmed as Mass Effect 3 recruits are Garrus, Liara, Kaidan, Ashley and Tali (depending on if they're alive). Wrex sounds to be in the balance. Each character's equipment will be updated.

There are apparently no new romance options in Mass Effect 3. BioWare revealed that 70 per cent of Mass Effect 2 gamers weren't loyal to their Mass Effect 1 love interest. And this will have repercussions in Mass Effect 3.

Well when two-thirds of your choices are a racist and a guy with no personality, that's not really surprising.

Shepard has become an enemy of Cerberus because Shepard joined the Alliance. Why did Shepard do that? Because Cerberus is working with the Reapers. Why? We don't yet know.

Well, looks like destroying the Reaper base was the right call.

Throughout Mass Effect 3, Shepard will venture to the homeworlds the Asari, Turians, Salarians and Quarians. And, of course, Shepard will explore Earth, including a Seattle-Vancouver mega-city before and after a Reaper attack. Shepard will also explore Mars.

Shepard can pilot a 50-foot Cerberus Atlas mech. And he'll need firepower like this when fighting a 600-foot Reaper on one of the massive levels.

Giant robots in my western RPG? It's more likely than you think.

WREX :party: though the interesting thing is what will happen with Miranda and Jacob then if Cerberus is after you? They are both obviously going to be in the game.

Jacob is a ninja and it would be better if you get him if u saved Ash over Kaiden. Miranda vs Ash could also be epic. FIGHT TO ZE DEATH

Green dots on helmets, players running out before the game....looks like another year of disappointments on the way from Madden. Seems like they always try to emphasize some lame ass thing like this and ignore other parts. So far, from what Vin posted, the improvements to franchise and superstar are worthless.

God I wish 2K games could get their hands on a football game. The work they did on NBA 2K11 was just phenomenal.

• Upvote 1

Green dots on helmets, players running out before the game....looks like another year of disappointments on the way from Madden. Seems like they always try to emphasize some lame ass thing like this and ignore other parts. So far, from what Vin posted, the improvements to franchise and superstar are worthless.

God I wish 2K games could get their hands on a football game. The work they did on NBA 2K11 was just phenomenal.

Well the link before said that both Franchise and Superstar modes are vastly improved. I think it said over 100 new improvements in franchise. If it is that then it is looking good, we have to wait for the video's of both of these.

Well the link before said that both Franchise and Superstar modes are vastly improved. I think it said over 100 new improvements in franchise. If it is that then it is looking good, we have to wait for the video's of both of these.

Yeah and out of those '100 new improvements' they mentioned some stupid practice feature and a new bidding system for free agents. IMO nothing stands out. I guess we will find out on May 15.

YES GREEN STICKERS ON THE BACK OF HELMETS!! EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED FOR EVERY YEAR!!

YES GREEN STICKERS ON THE BACK OF HELMETS!! EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED FOR EVERY YEAR!!

NOW IZ CAN SEEZ WHO TALKZ TO ZE HEAD COACH :panic:

• Upvote 1

I skipped a couple of years of Madden, until this last one...I think I'll be stickin with 11 for quite some time now.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167959p1.html

They say football is all about "team," but who doesn't come into the NFL dreaming of being a superstar? Developer Tiburon is hoping to make gamers feel like gridiron studs with some long-overdue improvements to Madden's Superstar mode.

Superstar puts you in the cleats of your own created character, just as it has the past few years, but now you have real control over your player's destiny. Gone are the arbitrary attribute bumps, the pointless practices, and the feeling that you're working towards nothing more than the next game.

The whole point of taking over the career of a single player is that you're going to raise that player from practice squad walk-on to Hall of Famer. And a big part of that experience is being able to choose how your player improves and the type of player you become.

Superstar mode is now built off skill points, which you can spend however you like -- focus on speed and spectacular catch ability for your player or dedicate yourself to becoming a powerful possession receiver. Points are earned for your performance on the field and for completing practices, but those points are never tied to any specific stats.

Just because you got your points charging up the middle as a halfback, dragging linemen five yards at a time, you don't automatically increase your ability to break tackles or your overall strength. Maybe you want to better your catching ability so your tank of a running back can become a viable threat in pass plays. Or you could continue to bulk up, becoming an unstoppable force on the ground.

Your player will start with an overall 60 rating -- not exactly an NFL legend -- with some skill points in the bank for a bit of customization. The cost of each attribute depends on the position. Skills that are necessary for the position (say, a quarterback's passing ability) are cheaper And, as you might expect, the higher your stat, the more skill points it costs to increase that ability.

Practices now have a purpose because of the new experience points system. Each practice session gives you ten plays to rack up points. Using an improved version of Gameflow, Madden's computer-controlled play-calling option, you run through random plays you might see on game day. The better you perform, the more points you earn. And those points in turn are spent to improve your player. There are no silly focused sessions to improve specific abilities. It's simple and it should open up considerably more freedom in Superstar mode. As a result, Tiburon's hope is that no two Superstars will be the same.

To that end, there's more to your player than just his attributes. New this year are traits and tendencies, which you set to determine the mental aspects of your player. After all, two linebackers might have a high tackle rating, but one could always play it safe and wrap up the ball carrier while the other always wants to put a little hurt into the opponent.

Also helping to separate players with similar ratings is the reborn player roles, which some might remember from last generation's Madden. There are more than 20 roles, most of which are earned by your play on the field. These set who you are within your organization. You could be a wily veteran "mentor," for example, who helps a rookie improve during the season. Come back to IGN on Friday for a whole lot more on player roles and how they reshape Franchise mode.

madden-nfl-12-20110512020803667-000.jpg

Aside from making the best player possible over a long career, a whole load of additional bells and whistles have been added to Superstars mode. A fresh interface, new equipment, improved player creation settings and more should finally put to rest any complaints that Tiburon is ignoring one of Madden's best modes.

And, of course, few players stay in one place throughout their career. At the start of Superstars you can enter the NFL draft (and leave your fate in the hands of an NFL GM) or you can choose the team you like and sign as a free agent walk-on for your rookie season. If things don't work out, you can stomp your feet like Jay Cutler and demand a trade. You're then provided a list of teams interested in your services. Pick where you want to go and you're off. It's as simple as that.

One thing that I dig is that Superstars mode recognizes that, hey, you want to be an NFL Hall of Famer. And to that end, when you are nearing game, season or career records, you'll be notified. I doubt anyone will feel the intense pressure a true Hall of Famer does when they are on the brink of breaking one of the NFL's revered records, but it's still cool that it's given attention.

It's been a long time coming, but Madden's Superstars mode is finally getting the attention it deserves. And Franchise mode is getting a whole lot more, which I'll discuss tomorrow.

lol Madden super star finally looking at why NHL and NBA 2K superstars are successful...

anyway, i thought this was fucking hilarious. what this guy does is but tom brady, peyton manning, matt hasselback and brett favre in the secondary to demonstrate how terrible the AI is in madden and how the computer is psychic. madden devs should watch this.

Wow, that video is a real eye opener. I knew the computer cheated on All-Madden but I never would have known the AI was that blatantly fake.

That's why I straight run the ball all game on AM.