Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Trying to decide if I want that game. Have heard some reviews saying it is a great game but others are saying it is very similar to the Batman and Assassin's Creed games. Those games have all been great so the comparison isn't exactly a bad thing.

Ya... potentially thinking about getting an xbox one for it... Dunno yet though.

Shadow of Mordor on PS4...

...yeah...it's fucking awesome...

:yep:

Unless Borderlands 3 tops it, Shadow of Mordor is going to win GotY. No doubt at all.

This game is amazing. People who want an open-world RPG with choices and consequences, Assassin's Creed like stealth and assassinations, flowing combat, and a world that changes around you- this is your game.

This is the best game I have played in a very, very long time.

• Upvote 2

My friend said it was really really good, but not worth buying a console over. So... I will either get it for XBOX One when I get one around Black Friday or sell out and get it for PC...

Unless Borderlands 3 tops it, Shadow of Mordor is going to win GotY. No doubt at all.

This game is amazing. People who want an open-world RPG with choices and consequences, Assassin's Creed like stealth and assassinations, flowing combat, and a world that changes around you- this is your game.

I'm sold :ooo:

Meanwhile, I'm looking at trading in Destiny & NHL15. Destiny is good but I don't have time to keep up with MMOs. NHL is just really underwhelming with its lack of game modes. And the online versus is fluky at best. Probably looking at getting Forza and The Evil Within.

I'm sold :ooo:

Meanwhile, I'm looking at trading in Destiny & NHL15. Destiny is good but I don't have time to keep up with MMOs. NHL is just really underwhelming with its lack of game modes. And the online versus is fluky at best. Probably looking at getting Forza and The Evil Within.

Destiny is a lame MMO imo. Who the hells idea was it to leave out chat :yao:

Is there no like search raid function either? I don't know, so correct me if I am wrong.. but to do them you have to like go out of your way to find people.. Seems like it would be a major headache to get people together unless you are already part of a massive gaming community that mass bought the game or something.

I want to reiterate that Shadow of Mordor is quite possibly the best game I have ever played.

Absolutely fucking amazing.

• Upvote 1

Is there no like search raid function either? I don't know, so correct me if I am wrong.. but to do them you have to like go out of your way to find people.. Seems like it would be a major headache to get people together unless you are already part of a massive gaming community that mass bought the game or something.

Yup you gotta have friends that already play or go out of your way to find some in game. Which mind you has no chat feature :yao:.

meh, glad I didn't buy into any of the Destiny hype. I'm happy with the way it is. I'm used to Dark Souls online play where the only way you can communicate is through gestures. Pretty similar in Destiny. I prefer it that way tbh instead of loud random idiots screaming into their mic. There's an option to make a party with them on LIVE anyway so you can chat, dunno about PS4.

Either way, I back Than; Shadow of Mordor is possible the best game I've played in a very, very long time. Story is amazing and compelling, gameplay and combat is awesome and never gets boring, nemesis mechanic is NOT a gimmick and you can spend a fucktonne of time in it once you unlock the ability to brand (don't even need brand to have fun with it), the upgrade system is rewarding and god damn, the ultimates you can get with the weapons...

Just unlocked the dagger ultimate. Give me that 20 second stealth... CLEARING warcheifs and the bodyguards in under a minute...

10/10

I decided to pick up the new Disney Infinity, the Marvel edition. It's actually tons of fun because I love being able to design and just mess around with things. Easy to kill a ton of time with, the only downside is every character can only be played by buying their figure. The figures themselves look awesome and as someone who loves displaying random Marvel stuff in my room I don't mind it as much. The starter pack is the Avengers play set with Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow. You can buy Captain America and Hawkeye for this set too but I didn't. There's also a Spider-Man set that lets you play with Spider-Man, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury and Iron Fist (lol). Also a Guardians of the Galaxy set which I picked up as well. I also decided to pick up a Mickey Mouse figure, though it's only playable in the toy box. I'm honestly loving this game, it's taken up all my free time this week. :yep:

post-7127-0-79926000-1412258915_thumb.jpg

Sounds right up my alley. Definitely going to have to check this out.

To be honest that's exactly what I've been looking for in a game. Add an LOTR-based theme to that and I'll be the happiest man alive.

Edited by Maverick

Sounds right up my alley. Definitely going to have to check this out.

To be honest that's exactly what I've been looking for in a game. Add an LOTR-based theme to that and I'll be the happiest man alive.

I'm assuming you know this, but based on your comment I'm not sure- SoM is set in the LOTR universe.

It's directly before the trilogy, and after the Hobbit.

Well I bought Destiny for Xbone, hopefully it will be better with more friends to play with.

Also probably going to pick up Shadow of Mordor today. So many good games coming out this month.

SoM being a prequel of sorts and having no effect on well, anything, pretty much cements that I'm never going to play it.

Irrational, I know, but it is what it is.

SoM being a prequel of sorts and having no effect on well, anything, pretty much cements that I'm never going to play it.

Irrational, I know, but it is what it is.

So I guess you didnt watch the Hobbit either.

SoM has a rather large effect on what happens in the LOTR.

Funny's always telling me to shut up. :yao:

I have, though it's not something I would've ordinarily watched. First one sucked, second one was slightly better. Though there's probably some bias in that considering I absolutely hated the book when I read it years ago.

actually though, i don't understand. you play the final fantasies, don't you?

those definitely don't continue... unless i'm missing your point, which i probably am

I'm assuming you know this, but based on your comment I'm not sure- SoM is set in the LOTR universe.

It's directly before the trilogy, and after the Hobbit.

I knew that, Thanatos, Mordor is in the friggen title! lol. I could see how you thought that though with how I worded it.

I picked this up the same night I originally posted here and I love it. Everything I thought it was going to be and more. The only problem I'm having is it seems I'm biting off a lot more than I can chew a lot lol. Before I know it I'll have like 30 Uruk and Orcs surrounding me...any tips, or just be smarter? :laugh: Also, is cutting plants the only way to restore health at this point?

But yeah, great recommendation guys. I love this game. It's funny because the constant battling aspect is one that could get repetitive, but I don't even see that happening since they give unique traits and personalities to each common Uruk/orc/etc.

I'm ready for Super Smash Brothers.

I love me some Super Smash Bros., but not enough to buy a WiiU or 3DS lol.

Also, I find it lame they couldn't even come up with a creative name for the game this time around. It's just Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU.

Nintendo pls

Edited by Millabrock420