Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Can't wait to get this and tell Thanatos how awesome it is.

I hope it is, tbh. Probly gonna get it myself. I've mellowed on ME3. They did a godawful job ruining the entire trilogy's epicness with a horrible, terrible, awful shithole of an ending, but that doesn't mean that an ME set in an entirely different universe can't be good.

Certainly not pre-ordering it though.

I'm not usually too picky when it comes to voices in games (unless it's a JRPG or something, because usually the english dubs are crazy annoying), but I'm digging the direction of the new ME. Can't really get over that the main character sounds like a discount Nathan Drake/Nolan North. Looks pretty good other than that.

First game that I will get for PS4 that I actually want. Looks awesome, has been reviewing awesome, can't wait.

Edited by Vin

Just recently beat Ar Tonelico, and it's a surprisingly good hidden gem. The voice acting is solid for the most part, the combat system is simple but fun, and the item synthesis system is surprisingly in-depth. The real draw to playing the game is the character interactions and the world building. Basically you have two girls who act as your spellcasters, and in order to get more powerful magic (known as Song Magic) you need to dive inside their minds and learn their most intimate secrets and deal with every layer of their emotional well being. Hell the final level of each girl's cosmosphere is basically a wedding ceremony hahaha. It does a fairly good job of helping you develop pathos for the characters. And of course, the setting is really cool, the world has basically gone through two apocalypses so all that's left of the world are three massive towers and a few patches of land attached to those towers. I'd give it a try if you don't mind the skeeve, but there are some points where you'll just be shaking your head and going jesus christ japan. Despite all that it's a good game, and it isn't too long, I beat it in under 30 hours which is pretty short for a JRPG.

I have been so lame when it comes to gaming lately.

Went and bought Dishonored 2 at GameStop yesterday, ordered Final Fantasy XV from Amazon (it was $20 cheaper) ... also I am sure I am way late to this party, but Amazon gives you a 20% discount if you preorder video games from them with prime -- so I preordered Mass Effect as well.

Didn't start Dishonored as I had an early morning today but should get a little time in tonight and a bit tomorrow .

Favre you might wanna take a look at some of the footage they are putting out for Andromeda. Looks downright awful, IMO. Character models, facial animations, general gameplay, it looks like a game that's still in beta, instead of slated for release in two and a half weeks.

Favre you might wanna take a look at some of the footage they are putting out for Andromeda. Looks downright awful, IMO. Character models, facial animations, general gameplay, it looks like a game that's still in beta, instead of slated for release in two and a half weeks.

I don't want to hear your shit Thanatos!!!!! Lol, j/k. Appreciate the warning, I will try to look at some stuff tonight. I'll probably still get it either way but at least my expectations can be lowered which will lessen the blow of it does outright suck.

Zelda :megusta:

Been watching on Twitch.

I want to play it so bad... Dunno if I should just get it for my WiiU ... Or cave and get a Switch.

I've watched streamers on both consoles and the WiiU doesn't look bad at all...

Edited by Favre4Ever

I like the Switch so far. Its got a clean UI, its easy to switch from tv to gamepad. Only complaint is the lack of games right now. But that should change by the end of 2017.

Also the joycons are extremely nice, may be my favorite controller of any system.

This has improved lately, but people are so goddamned stupid on BF1. I play medic constantly, and I play the role well. I am rushing into the field of fire and reviving teammates, throwing health pouches everywhere. I consistently finish with among the most revives and heals, among the top squad scores/orders completed as well. I like to think I'm good as a squad leader and a medic. BUT PEOPLE DON'T WAIT. Surely, if you just got gunned down by three enemies it is logical to wait a bit. Maybe your teammates can take them out and let the medics move in?

The absolute worst is when we are behind cover. On Suez, I will frequently stick below the sand dunes and just revive and heal my teammates when need be. But when I am doing this and like three straight people just immediately respawn, it's irritating. If they had literally waited two more seconds I would have gotten them. There's also annoying people who will see me coming (you can literally see how far a medic is from you and if they are coming closer), and then respawn anyways when I get to them. Idiots, the lot of them.

• Upvote 1

I've been getting used to Madden 17, and it's so much different to what I've previously played. I'm struggling with the run game but in all it's really good.

Going to build the 49ers up as there the worse team on the game.

So I downloaded the mobile version of Hearthstone yesterday as a time killer, mainly because I got tired of other mobile games having an "energy" system that basically limits how much you play.

I am unsure how I feel about the game.

So I downloaded the mobile version of Hearthstone yesterday as a time killer, mainly because I got tired of other mobile games having an "energy" system that basically limits how much you play.

I am unsure how I feel about the game.

Watch the Kripp on Twitch and you will feel great about it. Also watch DisguisedToast.

It's not necessarily an issue of liking it, it's moreso an issue of whether or not I really want to go down this rabbit hole.

Hearts of Iron IV, specifically the Kaiserreich mod. It is a scenario in which Germany won WW1. France essentially collapsed following the war and the Syndicalists (the communists in this alternative universe) took power; those loyal to the French Republic retreated to the French colonial holdings in Africa. The United Kingdom dissolved the empire and in its place constructed the Union of Britain, a syndicalist (more specifically a maximist - or Stalinist in this universe - regime) nation that stands in opposition to the German Empire. The Germans destroyed the Bolsheviks following WW1, and in its place helped establish the Russian Republic. The United States did not elect FDR, and as such has struggled mightily with the Great Depression and armed insurgencies from syndicalist and populist/ultranationalist factions (the latter of which is led by Huey Long). Usually, the US will collapse into a vicious civil war.

I usually play as Germany, but it is hard. You start out handicapped economically with severely hindered construction and production speeds, and your manpower is consistently at zero. It requires around two years of national focus direction to correct these issues and get your nation back on track. In addition, due to hubris from winning WW1, the German military is forced to be stubborn in a sense and researching new military doctrines takes forever; these doctrines are crucial in maintaining a well-organized, well-led military. Without them, there is absolutely no hope of defeating France. The worst thing is that France is essentially the new USSR; they are very strong, they have a ton of manpower and production, and they are extremely aggressive in their territorial pursuits (several of which include territories held by the German Empire). War with them starting in 1939 or so is practically impossible to avoid, and the allies in Germany's faction hardly do anything until 1941 or so. That time between the start of the war and your allies contributing can result in France/Britain taking a fair chunk of Southern Germany, Benelux, and the Rhineland. Losing these is awful, as a ton of your civilian and military factories are bound to be placed there (after all, Germany only has so much space).

Very fun game, but it takes forever. I heavily recommend it if you have the time.

It's not necessarily an issue of liking it, it's moreso an issue of whether or not I really want to go down this rabbit hole.

If it makes you feel better, Blizzard made $400M on selling card packs last year and they are set to raise the price. lol

I have no intention of spending any money on it.

I have no intention of spending any money on it.

Then if you're wanting to play ranked, be prepared to get whooped quite regularly. It's a really fun game and you can get really damn lucky with the free packs you can earn but if you want to get up the ladder you need to buy packs.

Not true at all. There are multiple decks you can play via free decks that will get you a decent chunk of the way into ranked. Top-100? Probably not.

Edited by Thanatos

How far are you talking into ranked with a free deck? Lol. Not saying it importable or anything but that would probably suck a lot lol. If you're interested I'd strongly suggest sucking ass for a whole grinding quests . If you're good at arena you can get a nice stockpile of coins going. If not -- well... lol

Playing Dishonored . Love it! I am definitely rusty tho, lmao. I suck. Ha

People that play Reno Jackson in Hearthstone are the devil.

There are a lot of devils.

:fbm:

• Upvote 2