Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

People that play Reno Jackson in Hearthstone are the devil.

There are a lot of devils.

:fbm:

Reno is the worse when you have them under 5 health and they pull it out.

I'm actually in two minds currently on getting Mass Effect: Andromida. I know its a brand new story and characters but there's no Wrex. I dunno how I feel with a Mass Effect game with out my boi.

That's pretty much what happened to me the first time I ever saw it. Had 15 health, they had 5, out pops Reno, I lost.

Finally finished The Last Guardian the other night. I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not for everyone. Kinda comes off more as an experience than a "game". There are puzzles galore, but most of them aren't too difficult (there are a couple that have some really clever solutions though), so it can sorta turn into a go from point a to point b type thing. But despite that, it generally works. It doesn't control the best, really easy for you to get screwed up climbing around on the dog, and the camera also has a tendency to screw up if you're in a tight corridor trying to look around. Not gamebreaking, but it can be annoying. Overall though, I'd recommend the game. It's worth it, especially if you like animals. If not, then it's probably not for you.

Really really really enjoy Frontlines from the They Shall Not Pass DLC.

For those of you who don't know what those things are, they are supposed to be Krogan, i.e. dangerous killing machines that were so bad the rest of the galaxy conspired to make them nearly infertile with a genetic virus, (1 in 1000 babies survived), just to stop them from killing everything in their path.

And now in Andromeda they are reduced to slap fights and one guy is defeated in said slap fight merely because he was taken off his feet.

This game is a travesty of epic proportions.

Edited by Thanatos

Spoiler alert!!!!

I am enjoying the game quite a bit so far. Story is nice, Decisions you make at least have the illusion of meaning more. Combat is pretty much what you expect out of Mass Effect.

I like it.

Krogans ain't nothing without their shotguns.

Just left Eos (planet 1 for those who don't or haven't played yet) for the first time and I have already racked up 8.5 hours of gameplay. There is probably a little idle time in there, but not a ton. Save state says I am 11% complete with the game. If it takes me roughly 80 hours to finish this, I will be more than thrilled.

Granted... I do explore most nooks and crannies... Do all the side missions, collect resources, exhaust every dialogue option, etc etc. I mean, I went around in Skyrim and just... read books, (pretty lame, am I right?). So I am sure I will log more playtime than your average player.

But I honestly have no idea why people would call this a "travesty of epic proportions". It isn't No Man's Sky. It isn't anything 100% original, but that's because it's Mass Effect... It's a familiar game with a new story, and I am more than satisfied. Obviously only 10% complete, but seems like a smart investment up to this point.

Only major complaint I have right now is that load times are insane, lmao. Like... why are load times even a thing, let alone this much of a thing. I can't tell people what to like or enjoy, so I won't. But it seems to me like the internet is overreacting to epic proportions in regards to Andromeda.

The internet is wont to overreact over these things. From what I understand some of the dialogue is painful to go through (stilted, randomly bringing up things that don't make sense in casual conversation, whatever) and that the animation kind of goes full bethesda glitch every now and again.

As for me, I'm trying to see if I can finish up Persona Q before I pick up Persona 5.

Animation is awful, dialogue is awful, Krogan are awful.

Romance options are cringy as fuck.

Bethesda-like massive glitches for a good deal of people- falling through the map to your death, locked "Jesus" animation glitch, (arms and legs spread out, yet moving around like you're floating), happens quite often. Probably because Andromeda is almost certainly a console port.

The writing is decidedly lackluster comparative to the original Mass Effect, not to mention the villian is

essentially recycled from the Reapers. Exalting a species is basically the same thing as ascending it.

And basically only two new races, really? Part of why ME was so awesome was the actual time and effort put into making new alien species that were fun to interact with and learn their different culture. Just putting the same species into an entirely new galaxy smacks of laziness.

It's only a travesty when compared to how good the original ME series was. It's basically the Fallout 4 of Mass Effect: a decent game on its own, but its riding on the coattails of the really good games that were its predecessors.

(I knew Favre would like it. :p)

If you want a longer attack on Andromeda and what's all wrong with it, here is a humorous take on it. A good deal of the issue lies in, once again, the devs promising things that turned out to be lies, much like with Mass Effect 3. There was also a great deal of infighting at BW over the writing and plotline, so much so that roughly half the people that started work on MEA were fired by the end of it:

Edited by Thanatos

Well I got this yesterday and about 45 minutes in and post patches and it seems seems good so far. The graphics look incredible, I got a feeling Cora and Liam are going to be good companions and I'm liking the idea that what you say shapes your character.

I need to play it a lot more but it seems promising

Of course people like you would hate it though, Thanatos. You and the others that took a lot of time to voice your disdain for ME3.

Andromeda falling short of cutting edge, and you and others were going to go on full out assault mode. Which is fine... But let's call a spade a spade, lol.

This reminds me a lot of Gears of War. The original series ran its course, but they still wanted to make games. They didn't really know what direction to go. They made one game that was a little different then the rest of the series and it divided a lot of fans. Some didn't think they made enough changes and were annoyed, called the devs lazy, were pissed, etc etc. Some fans didn't like the changes and got annoyed and pissed because they changed the formula too much.

Then you had the smart people in the middle, who realized that at the heart was still Gears of War. You might like the changes or not, but the core is a game you love.

It's a little more polarizing with Mass Effect and the hatred has been growing since ME3 was released, so there are differences but... Andromeda at its core is Mass Effect and comparing it or anything else to the original is going to leave you massively disappointed.

I may change my mind if I get a game breaking glitch or... really any glitch whatsoever. I remember the old Jak 2 glitch, where said glitch doesn't occur until the veryyyyyy end of the game. So you play like a hundred hours (or whatever it was, I don't recall) but then can't finish like the final mission or two. Talk about aggravating... Lol.

None of that has happened yet though.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Of course people like you would hate it though, Thanatos. You and the others that took a lot of time to voice your disdain for ME3.

Andromeda falling short of cutting edge, and you and others were going to go on full out assault mode. Which is fine... But let's call a spade a spade, lol.

This reminds me a lot of Gears of War. The original series ran its course, but they still wanted to make games. They didn't really know what direction to go. They made one game that was a little different then the rest of the series and it divided a lot of fans. Some didn't think they made enough changes and were annoyed, called the devs lazy, were pissed, etc etc. Some fans didn't like the changes and got annoyed and pissed because they changed the formula too much.

Then you had the smart people in the middle, who realized that at the heart was still Gears of War. You might like the changes or not, but the core is a game you love.

It's a little more polarizing with Mass Effect and the hatred has been growing since ME3 was released, so there are differences but... Andromeda at its core is Mass Effect and comparing it or anything else to the original is going to leave you massively disappointed.

I may change my mind if I get a game breaking glitch or... really any glitch whatsoever. I remember the old Jak 2 glitch, where said glitch doesn't occur until the veryyyyyy end of the game. So you play like a hundred hours (or whatever it was, I don't recall) but then can't finish like the final mission or two. Talk about aggravating... Lol.

None of that has happened yet though.

This wasn't true of Fallout 2, Fallout 3, or Fallout New Vegas- you could compare them to the original and they came away favorably. Acting like its inevitable that a large group of the original playerbase is going to hate the game if they compare to the original-just because- is simply false.

Are there always going to be people who do so? Sure, a small amount of people, for example, probably prefer the Witcher 1 to the Witcher 3. But the vast majority of players would tell you Wild Hunt is far superior to the original Witcher game. It's because CDPR is able to make great games and then improve on them instead of just being able to make good games, as unfortunately has become the case with Bioware. None of their latest offerings are up there with their original games. This is the same studio that did KOTOR1 and 2, and Jade Empire. Not to mention Neverwinter Nights, though they rode the coattails of the community making fantastic adventures on that one. Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 are the last truly great games they released. Since then we've had ME3, Inquisition, and now Andromeda, none of which live up to their namesake in terms of quality, plot, storytelling, or RPG-ness, for lack of a better term.

Don't get me wrong here, Andromeda is a good game. It's just not on par with ME1 or 2, or even 3, tbh. Part of the reason a lot of the hardcore playerbase feels so let down is the same reason we felt let down with ME3. The devs once again promised a lot of things and failed to follow through on it, just like with ME3.

They didn't learn their lesson from 3 and did the same with Andromeda and now they are paying the price for it. They specifically made reference to how hard it was to animate facial expressions but then promised they were going to blow us away with how real it looked, lmao. Andromeda has already seen a price cut within a week of launch.

Sure, the core is Mass Effect, as in, the setting and combat are roughly the same. Same thing with FO4, the core is Fallout, doesn't mean that stripping off the excess was a good idea. There are times when stripping things out is good- Mass Effect 2- and times when you've gone too far- FO4- and its a fine line. And definitely impossible to satisfy everyone.

Edited by Thanatos

Only thing I don't like about MEA is the fact that I can't edit my team member'since gear... Makes no sense to have costumization be so deep and only I get to wear the gear I craft. I feel like this is something pretty basic that shouldoesn't just be a part of any game like this one.

Also puzzles... I freaking hate puzzles.

Anyone playing PlayerUnkown's Battle Ground?

No but have been watching a lot of it on Twitch -- that counts right ? Lol

No but have been watching a lot of it on Twitch -- that counts right ? Lol

I have it, it's way more fun duo or on squad. Was going to see if anyone wanted to play

Playing Persona 4 Golden for the very first time. It's already looking to be one of my all-time favorite RPG games I've ever played. Will likely move on to Persona 5 immediately afterward. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Playing Persona 4 Golden for the very first time. It's already looking to be one of my all-time favorite RPG games I've ever played. Will likely move on to Persona 5 immediately afterward. :yep:

I will give you your own emoji on the board if you beat the game with more hours played in fewer days than Razor did.

Re:Persona 5

• Upvote 1

That's gonna be a challenge I don't recommend you take.

I will give you your own emoji on the board if you beat the game with more hours played in fewer days than Razor did.

Re:Persona 5

That's gonna be a challenge I don't recommend you take.

Ha! I'm not much of a speed-runner, plus I don't want to feel rushed playing a game with so much to do and a cool story with great dialogue.

He only played 82 hours in 5 days.

He only played 82 hours in 5 days.

"Only" :yao:

Yeah... I can't commit 16+ hours/day to a video game, no matter how much I'm into it.

technically it was 5.3 days, but yeaaaah. I just wanted to beat the spoilers to the punch.

Anyone want to make a platoon for BF1?

Onto Persona 5... :megusta:

Edited by FartWaffles