Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Me looking for dogmeat :yao:

Bruh... Codsworth >>>>

Fallout 4.

Is there anything better in this than exploring/killing things with the classical station playing? If there is, I haven't found it yet.

Trails of Cold Steel, I got it for Christmas and I'm already 40 hours in. Just started chapter 5 out of I think 7, but I'm not sure.

If anyone wants the original Bioshock or XCom Enemy Unknown, I have copies of both of them on steam and all of my friends already have them both.

If anyone wants the original Bioshock or XCom Enemy Unknown, I have copies of both of them on steam and all of my friends already have them both.

Ill take XCom Enemy Unknown please. Steam name is Killimanjaro. I have a fallout picture as my avatar.

Thank you.

Edited by Bucman

Sent you a friend invite.

I think you have to be friends for 2 weeks to gift something, so bump this in 2 weeks or shoot me a PM.

Edited by Thanatos19

Fallout 4.

Is there anything better in this than exploring/killing things with the classical station playing? If there is, I haven't found it yet.

Killing things with 60 minuteman playing in the background?

But Diamond City Radio is terrible.

I just did the quest involving the DJ. I dunno if that'll make things better, but I sure hope so.

Fallout 4 overall is a massive disappointment.

It's not even Fallout at all. It's just CoD with a bit of plot and a bit of RPG thrown in.

Conversations are on the whole meaningless, no matter what they end in the same way.

I can hack whatever without needing any skills in it at all, because they removed the skill system entirely. So dumb.

Everything seems to be solved by combat and combat only so far. The only way to advance a lot of quests is to kill something and if you don't want to do that, the quest just stalls.

The SPECIAL system is far more worthless than FO3 and FONV. This is Bethesda using the name Fallout to make a game that is nothing like Fallout, just so they can make money.

The only thing this game has in common with the Fallout series is that you use guns and its post-apocalyptic.

Very very disappointed with this game overall.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

I+get+the+name+of+one+meme+wrong+and+_75

*sprints to bunker and grabs Thanatos*

Trails of Cold Steel was definitely not a disappointment. If you like JRPG's you'll love Trails. The combat system was really fun, all of the main characters you have grow and develop over the course of this ~70 hour game. My only complaint is that is ends on this massive cliffhanger which really just wants you to play the sequel as soon as possible, but it probably won't be out until Late Fall next year. >_>

Playing Subnautica atm after giving up on FO4.

It's a survival game, but all of the action occurs underwater. It's extremely fun, if anyone likes survival games I'd encourage you to check it out, its $14 on the steam sale. And hey, you can always refund it so long as you don't play more than two hours, (two week time limit), so you basically can play a demo.

How much time have you put into it? I'm 25+ hours into it. Just started the 2nd or 3rd main story quest.

It's not even Fallout at all. It's just CoD with a bit of plot and a bit of RPG thrown in.

This honestly feels very similar to the improvement in combat from ME2 to ME3. Combat finally isn't worthless outside of V.A.T.S. Sights can actually be used, and be used effectively for once. It's great. V.A.T.S. is still effective, but it's nice to just be able to shoot things and not have it been a futile affair.

Conversations are on the whole meaningless, no matter what they end in the same way

I've had quests not be able to be completed because my persuasion checks aren't high enough. I've been able to avoid armed conflict due to convos; even stopped a dude from getting shot by other people out in the Commonwealth. The "press x for sarcasm" is lame, but convos still have their place.

I can hack whatever without needing any skills in it at all, because they removed the skill system entirely. So dumb.

Novice terminals, maybe. But you're not getting into anything higher than that without the requisite rank in your perk.

Everything seems to be solved by combat and combat only so far. The only way to advance a lot of quests is to kill something and if you don't want to do that, the quest just stalls.

Yeah. Dialogue choices, if given the option, will give you some non-violent resolutions, but most of them don't seem to be set up that way.

The SPECIAL system is far more worthless than FO3 and FONV. This is Bethesda using the name Fallout to make a game that is nothing like Fallout, just so they can make money.

This system seems more abuseable, at least at the start. But then I don't remember if the game puts a cap on how high you can take your base stats at the beginning, since your perks are tied to your SPECIAL points.

• Upvote 1

But Diamond City Radio is terrible.

I just did the quest involving the DJ. I dunno if that'll make things better, but I sure hope so.

I've noticed they have added songs to the radio as I've progressed to certain points in the game.

@Thanatos, I do think from a RPG standpoint Bethesda has really let us down. You are already given a backstory, you were in the military, etc. That's something they didn't do in Skyrim and Obsidian didn't do it in New Vegas. And yes, the dialogue system is lacking. Sometimes even unpredictable and misleading. Can't agree on SPECIAL though, its everything, decides what your character can and can't do.

I've tried many character builds so far and got frustrated with the dialogue system on my low charisma characters. Felt the same way you did. I quickly realized that you have to have high charisma if you want to control your path with dialogue/have dynamic options. In my opinion, to get the most out of the game...high charisma is the way to go and having charisma gear is even better. Not just for dialogue but also the Local Leader perks for Settlements.

I play in third person so it definitely feels like normal Fallout to me in terms of combat. Haven't beat the game yet, but I love it and have been completely sucked in by the story so far.

Ill take XCom Enemy Unknown please. Steam name is Killimanjaro. I have a fallout picture as my avatar.

Thank you.

^^ Lol that's not true.

---

Been playing Fallout 4 a lot. I can understand if some people don't like it, it's definitely not the other two games. I think it's great though.

Also been playing H1Z1 survival a lot with a party. Killing is so much more satisfying than in Battle Royale... you know the person on the other end is PISSED.

Also been playing prison architect. It's awesome, probably my favorite game right now.

The issue with FO4 for me is that it simply isn't Fallout.

The Fallout series is an RPG-heavy game that focuses on the roleplaying and lore aspects of the game. Combat is almost an obstacle in your way. New Vegas in particular had four majorly different endings based on how you approached things. When combat was initiated, it was almost a perfect blend of strategy and FPS. FO4 removes the majority of the strategical part of things and focuses hard on the FPS part of things.

For example: It was possible to beat FONV without killing anything. Is the same true of FO4?

Fallout 4 removes much of the roleplaying aspect to focus more on the combat system. And that is ok- just don't tell me its Fallout 4, because its not. And the only reason it was named as such was to capitalize on the game's popularity and thus make more money. It's almost deceptive in its marketing scheme.

There are a LOT of people that feel this way. If you had named this game something other than Fallout, I'd probably point out the same flaws, but feel far less pissed by them, because I wasn't led to believe it would be the same type of game as the previous entries in the series.

FO4 seems to be a decent game. It may even be a good game. But its not Fallout, and thus is a major disappointment to me.

Edited by Thanatos19

That's almost a glitch though lol.

I mean, FONV was possible to do it without backing any particular faction or doing quests a certain way, etc.

He even says it:

“It’s not about whether or not I’m against violence, because the game doesn’t give you like Fallout: New Vegas-esque abilities to avoid violence completely,” Hinckley said in a video. “All that matters to us is [that the game doesn’t count any kills.]...Robots, turrets, legendary enemies, synths, all this shit. Zeroes. All the way down the line.

And also:

“I’m a little disappointed in the lack of diplomatic solutions in this game, it’s a lonely departure from the rest of the Fallout series,” Hinckley said. “My version of pacifism isn’t really diplomatic, it’s more exploitative of the game mechanics to achieve a zero-kill record. In other [Fallout] games, you had a lot of alternatives for bypassing the combat, whether it was with sneaking, speech checks, or a back door opened with lockpicking and hacking. In fact, in previous games (at least 3 and NV), your companion kills didn’t count towards your record either.”

People still die in his game, he just turns them against each other. That is more of a Skyrim no-kill run than a FO no-kill run. Definitely still cool, though.

Edited by Thanatos19

I mean... I get what you're saying.. but series' evolve just like anything. There were probably people that hated Fallout 3 because it wasn't 3/4-view isometric camera and sprite graphics. Final Fantasy was relatively the same formula from 1 through 10, and now every one is a different kind of game. People had similar gripes about the jump between Mass Effect 1 and 2.

I definitely think you need to play more, because a lot of shit happens with the different factions depending on the choices you make (though I think there's too many groups, and it gets muddy with stuff going on). Maybe playing with a high charisma and that perk tree makes me feel like I'm controlling more of the game, idk. You can still play the game (virtually) anyway you want to, which is the defining point of a sandbox rpg... maybe you can't play through without killing anyone but who would want to do that anyway? That'd be boring as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Its the point that you can do so that matters, not that I'd actually want to. It shows the depth of the potential RPG options you can choose.

And if this is where FO evolves to- to satisfy the console gamers and the Call of Duty crowd, then it will simply be one more "RPG" series I move on from.

FO4 is a mockery of everything that made the Fallout series great. It's just enough like Fallout to give me that vibe, but then when I play its just a poor fabrication of one of my favorite games of all time.

Also, saying that moving camera angles and updating graphics is the same as making the game all about combat is pretty terrible logic. One is an advance in technology, the other is bowing out to the masses and changing the soul of the game, for lack of a better word. I don't deny that in the long run FO4's model is going to attract more people, that's because the majority of people love "hurr durr I get to kill things" gameplay. FONV was an incredibly deep roleplaying game. FO3 was actually less so than FONV, they went "backwards"- using your logic- in creating FONV.

Fallout 4 is not Fallout, end of story. It's a post-apocalyptic RPG-lite mix of Call of Duty and Fallout.

Edited by Thanatos19