Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

First impressions of Overwatch (Xbox):

-Has a Team Fortress kind of vibe (not as good though)

-It's actually fairly balanced in a weird way, seems like every character is OP

-Roadhog is my dude

-Overall, the game feels a bit...easy? I had switched over from playing Gears though so that may be why it felt that way.

Messed around with Overwatch (PS4) a lil bit earlier. Wasn't going to, but I did. Seems pretty fun, though it's weird playing a game that I really have no intention of spending money on.

With that said though, Bastion da bes.

Not surprising BJORN, Blizzard caters to the uber casual.

Vin , you followed bad taste with amazing taste. Bastion is amazing. That narrators voice is pure ecstasy which is an added bonus.

Well Overarching is on open Beta till May 9th. So I am hopeful I can get a chance to try it

Not surprising BJORN, Blizzard caters to the uber casual.

Vin , you followed bad taste with amazing taste. Bastion is amazing. That narrators voice is pure ecstasy which is an added bonus.

May have just been playing noobs that night. Not all that easy...especially when you are solo queueing. I love to tank but I can't tell you how many times I run into the objectives and just get annihilated with very little to zero backup. It's weird...like K/D doesn't matter at all in this game so you'd think people would be more objective/team based but no...its still all individual/me kill me kill.

So only 8 days into the new ranked season and my first full one, I hit level 20 today using a fairly basic hunter deck that I have only leveled up to 6 right now. I got both Yogg-Saron and King Krush, I did buy 6 packs as I do usually give myself £10 a month on league so changed it to hearthstone last month.

I am really hoping to get a day on Overwatch just to see if my Laptop can handle it as it looks good. Please tell me it's as fun as it looks.

I would say Overwatch is great fun with a group. Solo... eh not so much. We had 12 people in a game last night, full 6 on 6, was awesome.

Anyone else interested in grand strategy games, such as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, etc., might be interested in Stellaris. It's a space 4x grand strategy game from Paradox that looks absolutely amazing. I have successfully resisted the urge to preorder it, but I will be getting it tomorrow assuming reviews are favorable.

I play over watch with a group of people and it's fun. We aren't out for kills though. You need a good team comp to win. Not everyone can be dps

I play over watch with a group of people and it's fun. We aren't out for kills though. You need a good team comp to win. Not everyone can be dps

Yeah, playing last night was horrible. Playing defense with 3 attack gods on your team is rage inducing.

Mei is probably my favorite character to play. Her ult is so strong and just the general CC in her kit is really good for team fights and securing objectives.

Sun and Moon trailer showing off starters

Vin needs to get Oberwatch on PC so he can play with me.

Overwatch has ended. :(

Made it to level 13. Started out terrible with most of the characters. Ended up decent with the majority, with the highlights for me being Bastion, Junkrat, Reinhardt (Wall-pin deaths are so satisfying), Soldier 76, Pharah, Widowmaker, and Zenyatta.

Some characters I really wanted to like but sucked as: Zarya (I shield everyone and myself, my weapon does nothing, opponent Zarya's end up wrecking people. Annoying). Winston (Jumping off the map to your death feels bad.). Reaper. (Same thing as Zarya. When I shoot people with Reaper, it sucks, when other people shoot me with Reaper, they destroy. Annoying). Mercy. (Love the healing, but hate the poor offense. Probably more of an issue with me than anything)

Characters I hated to play as: Tracer, Mei (both to play as, and play against. Tracer fits this too), Symmetra (lawl), and Lucio (kiting makes me sad)

It's fun, and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'll ever end up playing this again, at least not at it's current price, especially when PC people get it for $20 cheaper. Which is kind of a weird situation, because by the time a price drop hits, who knows how big the console community will be.

EDIT: Or I might have to break down and get it for PC so I can get destroyed by F4E because I've never played a PC FPS before. :yao:

Edited by Vin

Winston (Jumping off the map to your death feels bad.)

:smug: Welcome to the club. If you have played Winston....you have jumped off of the map at one point or another.

Anyone else interested in grand strategy games, such as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, etc., might be interested in Stellaris. It's a space 4x grand strategy game from Paradox that looks absolutely amazing. I have successfully resisted the urge to preorder it, but I will be getting it tomorrow assuming reviews are favorable.

As much as I like the idea of this I don't know if I could drop $40 for it. It reminds me of a near exact replica of Endless Space but with a slightly different story behind it and a much larger set of factions. That galaxy map gets me riled up though. So many factions :wub:

I'm really sad I didn't get the chance to play this. Winston to me looks cool as hell and I love playing tanks that can go Ham. Plus he has a fucking jump pack on. If a trial or demo is available I may try that and see.

The odds of being able to pull this off in an actual match is very slim, but remember this:

xUUVToi.gif

I saw it happen three times. Same Genji, in 2 matches. He was a god at Genji. Everyone else seemed to suck playing him.

I have no idea what is happening there :D

Playing Quantum Break! Awesome game. It's a lot more about the narrative than anything. There isn't as much fighting as I expected, the game is more in the mold of an Uncharted in the fact that you just kind of make your along the story and hit road bumps that are fights from now and again.

It's fun though. The few choices you have to make are awesome, the way they set the game up is great. The characters are interesting and the actors and subsequent TV show are also great additions. Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger from Thrones) is so amazing, haha.

The most annoying character in the game is getting her ultimate attack reflected back at her.

So good. And until just a little bit ago, i never knew it was possible.

Does that make her unable to move or attack or... anything? If so, it should just be an instant death. Game shouldn't force you to sit there before you die. lol

Does that make her unable to move or attack or... anything? If so, it should just be an instant death. Game shouldn't force you to sit there before you die. lol

It slows you down and then freezes you, assuming you're not dead before it gets to that point.

As for the last part of your comment, that's her whole character. She freezes you with her regular weapon and then while you're sitting there not being able to do anything you get shot in the head with an icicle. Ridiculously annoying.

Haha, that does sound quite annoying.

Genji can also reflect Hanzo's ult if timed correctly

Finished Quantum Break. Only real complaint was that it was just too short. Loved the story though and it ended in a way I wasn't totally expecting. I think time travel mechanics and things are super gimmicky and don't work very well most of the time. However, I feel safe saying that Quantum Break did justice to the whole fracture in time thing.

Took me a tad under 15 hours to 100% the game on Hard (highest difficulty) and I suck, so if you are good you can probably knock this out in 10ish hours, IMO.