Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

No Man's Sky getting blasted on Steam. 43% positive reviews. Looks like a bust for now.

No Man's Sky getting blasted on Steam. 43% positive reviews. Looks like a bust for now.

Relative to the hype and expectations it is a huge bust. A lot of people are coming in with some outrageous expectations though. It's a niche game that Sony tried to prop up as Star Trek.

Wonder how many are bashing it because the lack of multiplayer.

Wonder how many are bashing it because the lack of multiplayer.

Quite a few. Sean Murray said you could be in the same spot as another person in the universe but never gave a clear-cut answer other than it was like Dark Souls or Journey. No running around dogfighting and shit so to speak.

The issue on PC is the massive- and I do mean massive- amount of bugs that are preventing people from really being able to play the game.

Either the game CTDs within five minutes, or the fps is so low that you can't play it anyway. This reminds me of Arkham Knight's release, it's that bad. It should have been delayed again- at least on PC- till the end of the year. This game is still in beta stage on PC, IMO.

I like how you blame the hype Cherry- when an "indie" game has a price tag of $60 people expect a very good game. I don't think that's unfair. If they wanted a bit less hype they should have gone with Stellaris' price tag of $40. $60 is a AAA title and will be treated as such.

The issue on PC is the massive- and I do mean massive- amount of bugs that are preventing people from really being able to play the game.

Either the game CTDs within five minutes, or the fps is so low that you can't play it anyway. This reminds me of Arkham Knight's release, it's that bad. It should have been delayed again- at least on PC- till the end of the year. This game is still in beta stage on PC, IMO.

I like how you blame the hype Cherry- when an "indie" game has a price tag of $60 people expect a very good game. I don't think that's unfair. If they wanted a bit less hype they should have gone with Stellaris' price tag of $40. $60 is a AAA title and will be treated as such.

People were expecting to run around and dogfight on different planets with friends, then build cities with em. There was ridiculous hype solely due to Sony marketing and unrealistic expectations of what procedural generation could do. I agree though, $60 for this game is too much for most people.

And why were they expecting that? At least in part because the devs didn't do jack shit to calm people's hype and led them on with vague statements about multiplayer.

It reminds me a lot of the ME3 release, tbh. Bioware's devs basically flat out lied as to how the game ended, so that may be worse, but being intentionally vague about features in order to sell a game you *know* is not going to be what most people expect it to be is downright shady.

Edited by Thanatos

I definitely think Sony played a role in trying to make the game bigger than it was. Sean Murray was always incredibly anti-hype. When people think procedurally generated universe with no boundaries they tend to lose their minds with ideas of what they can do.

Super Robot Wars 64. I miss the QOL upgrades from the later games, and my japanese is still beyond awful so I have no idea what's going on in the plot other than a lot of guesswork.

Madden finally did away with stock photos and are now using gamefaces for rookies. Thank the Lord.

Anyone who has Skyrim should check out Enderal. It's a total conversion mod done over the course of 4.5 years by a dozen of Skyrim's top modders. And it is simply amazing. A 30 hour main campaign, with an additional 90 hours of sidequests, with a plotline that is far better than Skyrim itself.

Link here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77868/?

Well at Midnight it will be Madden 17

What franchise you plan on running?

Anyone who has Skyrim should check out Enderal. It's a total conversion mod done over the course of 4.5 years by a dozen of Skyrim's top modders. And it is simply amazing. A 30 hour main campaign, with an additional 90 hours of sidequests, with a plotline that is far better than Skyrim itself.

Link here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77868/?

Speaking of Skyrim, hyped as fuck over the re-release for the new consoles!

I also need to get my shit together and finish my FO4 survival mode play through.

So has anyone played more of No Mans Sky? Has it gotten any better?

Edited by Bucman

What franchise you plan on running?

Mostly likely Philly and if i deicide to do 2 different ones the other i haven't decided yet..

Edited by WeaponX20

So has anyone played more of No Mans Sky? Has it gotten any better?

As of now, I'm just way too focused on the constant grind of trying to get to the center to even fuck around with normal gameplay elements.

Mostly likely Philly and if i deicide to do 2 different ones the other i haven't decided yet..

Nice. I think I'm gonna do the Rams as a full franchise and save the Browns for when my friend I play Madden with gets back in town. Will do a play the moments and make Cody Kessler into the next Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1

As of now, I'm just way too focused on the constant grind of trying to get to the center to even fuck around with normal gameplay elements.

Nice. I think I'm gonna do the Rams as a full franchise and save the Browns for when my friend I play Madden with gets back in town. Will do a play the moments and make Cody Kessler into the next Tom Brady.

Im either being San Deigo or Cleveland with my online Franchise with my Friend..

Also its not all the hype with No Mans Skys demise. Its the lies the devs have made. They said it was going to be multiplayer and now its not. Plus the numerous other things they have flip flopped on it.

Do you play as a owner or a coach?

Do you play as a owner or a coach?

Coach. Owner is annoying cause of finances.

Anyone play the new Madden yet?

I have but not the full game. Have played the waiting game demo like 10 times.

Passing is MUCH tougher. No more BS routes or shit like that. It's dangerous to go to the air.

Running is amazing compared to latest games. You can actually cut. Moves feel more realistic. Guys who are power backs feel slow and powerful. Quicker guys have extra juice to em. The concepts and line assignments are much better done. Last year you'd either get a wide open run or get blown up in backfield. Now it's a nice mix of missed assignments and good blocking.

Zone coverage is insanely useful now. In old Madden games I'd just run man to man and play ILB and cover the broken TE routes while hoping the CBs didn't get beat on press and give up an easy one. Now they move better and cover their assignments well. Zone defense looks like legitimate zone defense.

Sacks aren't as common. Pass rush can't get through every time anymore on a 4-man rush. I'm getting maybe 2-4 sacks a game with a combination of zone coverage and blitzing. Blitzes get you 70% of those sacks.

Ball physics are much improved. No more BS bounces or unrealistic physics.

Spectacular catch is severely nerfed. Maybe it's because I'm not the deep ball kind of guy, but I've had only like 4 or 5 1-on-1 deep ball catches through all my games. It's much nicer not having a fucking OBJ catch every game.

I'm a huge fan of the decision to implement Play the Moments. It turns a 45 minute game into a 15 minute game and only brings you out for important stuff. Opening drive. Key third downs. Big red zone stops. Stuff like that.

The potential for blocked punts and field goals is nice. I've had two blocked field goals against me in all of my games, so it's not overly common. It's tough as hell to time it right, and even timing it right isn't a guarantee. Can't spam it.

Fumbles feel legit now. You don't see some bullshit fumble where a guy stumbles and just drops it. Most fumbles come from a guy slamming up the middle and getting a hit stick in the backfield. That or when a QB tries to throw and gets hit as he's throwing.

Kicking is better too. Youre no longer guaranteed to make kicks. New button system is way nicer than the thumbsticks. I've missed maybe 2 or 3 field goals. Madden 16 I probably missed 1 in 1000.

Clutch kick from NCAA football 14 is back. The marker disappears for the accuracy click on the kicking as it comes back down, so you have to have your timing down well. I won a game by 2 on a narrow 57-yarder I squeaked in during an Ice the Kicker moment. Felt immaculate.

AI much tougher. I've barely squeaked out wins whereas in Madden 16 I won 60-7 every game.

Commentary is much better. I've heard maybe 2 repeats through those 10 games with the same two teams. One was just saying Josh Doctson got his first NFL catch.

Yet to see how franchise mode plays, but from the games I've played while waiting for whole thing to install, it's a HUGE upgrade over the old Madden games.

Edited by 7-9