Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

What games does he like, do you know? PS4 always has the Final Fantasy series, Uncharted Series, Bloodborne for the RPG types. Madden if he likes football.

Uncharted and Bloodborne would be my general recommendations.

Yeah, the Uncharted collection is solid. I'd also say the Last of Us, as well. Bloodborne if you want something crazy hard and infuriating (but still good). Fallout 4 if you're looking for a time-sink. Overwatch if you're looking for an online shooter.

As for peripherals and whatnot, there's not really that much out there I don't think. Playstation VR just came out, but that costs more than the actual console, so :shrug:

He is probably gonna need a Playstation plus subscription as well if he's planning on playing online. Not every games requires it, but a lot do. It's like ~$60 a year (though there are smaller time packages), but you get two free games every month that are yours for as long as you have Plus. Some can be kinda meh but there's some good games fairly frequently.

Edited by Vin

Well Lucio is by far my favourite and best champion in Overwatch. I also started playing Torbjorn and had good success and fun on him. I seem to favour supports and defensive champions. Currently at level 17 so ranking up as much as I can to start the new season coming up.

Well Lucio is by far my favourite and best champion in Overwatch. I also started playing Torbjorn and had good success and fun on him. I seem to favour supports and defensive champions. Currently at level 17 so ranking up as much as I can to start the new season coming up.

:yes:

:yes:

He's a lot more fun to play than I thought he would be and the turrets help out so much.

I really want to try Planet Coaster. But not sure I wanna shell that kinda money out to another sim game that will probably get old after a few days. But I hears its the best thing since Roller Coaster tycoon.

Edited by WhoDak?

I really want to try Planet Coaster. But not sure I wanna shell that kinda money out to another sim game that will probably get old after a few days. But I hears its the best thing since Roller Coaster tycoon.

It is! It is amazing and worth every bit of the money. There will be plenty of user created mods and rides too.

He's a lot more fun to play than I thought he would be and the turrets help out so much.

Yeah, his turrets get blown up pretty quickly but if you strategically place the turret it is still a pain in the ass. It draws out ults sometimes too. I have had a Roadhog blow his ult just to kill my turret. I feel his gun is super underrated. I've carried team fights using his gun alone but you have to hit your shots and on console aiming is hard. :lol:

Yeah, his turrets get blown up pretty quickly but if you strategically place the turret it is still a pain in the ass. It draws out ults sometimes too. I have had a Roadhog blow his ult just to kill my turret. I feel his gun is super underrated. I've carried team fights using his gun alone but you have to hit your shots and on console aiming is hard. :lol:

Yea I've noticed how quickly that happens. I've been trying to place it with some form of protection such as walls or behind Reinhardt if he's on my team.

I fucking love Lucio though and I'm playing a lot of support or tank atm which I don't mind to be honest. I also like Zenyatta too.

Terry Crews has come out and said he wants to voice Doomfist after a campaign started on Overwatch reddit

I'd also like PS4 recommendations. I got one over Black Friday, and I have Madden 17 and Bloodborne so far. Gf got Dynasty Warriors and Little Big Planet 3.

I really don't like playing shooters using a controller, so I don't really think I'd be interested in those. But there are a ton of games I know of that I was interested in but then stopped following because they weren't releasing on PC.

Also on the topic of Madden 17, just had a ridiculous game against Tampa in the divisional round in my first franchise season. They had what should have been a pick six that Stewart ran him down from behind because he started celebrating early.

Then I was trailing 16-12 and converted a 4th and 22 and a 4th and goal to win the game with :07 left.

Edited by Thanatos

Also on the topic of Madden 17, just had a ridiculous game against Tampa in the divisional round in my first franchise season. They had what should have been a pick six that Stewart ran him down from behind because he started celebrating early.

Then I was trailing 16-12 and converted a 4th and 22 and a 4th and goal to win the game with :07 left.

:ooo::notbad:

I'd also like PS4 recommendations. I got one over Black Friday, and I have Madden 17 and Bloodborne so far. Gf got Dynasty Warriors and Little Big Planet 3.

I really don't like playing shooters using a controller, so I don't really think I'd be interested in those. But there are a ton of games I know of that I was interested in but then stopped following because they weren't releasing on PC.

Welcome to the club. :hifiver:

Final Fantasy XV just dropped, and The Last Guardian comes out on Tuesday. Can't go wrong with The Last of Us/Uncharted either (though stay away from the Last of Us Part II trailer that just dropped if you're planning on playing it)

It's seems like it's fairly difficult finding things that aren't on PC as well.

Edited by Vin

I'm stoked for Final Fantasy. I'd guess I'll get it for christmas. As Vin said, Uncharted games are ridiculously good.

My first season in Overwatch has started well. Placed in silver at 1840 and I'm up to Gold already at 2075. Aiming for at least platinum

Playing more Madden franchise mode. I played the Patriots in week 4 and noticed they were 0-3. I was like, "Madden, the Pats would never go 0-3 in real life, come on."

Then it one-upped itself. I noticed a skinny white guy on the sidelines. "Huh, that's weird. Other players likenesses are pretty good, I wonder why Belichick's is so bad."

It wasn't Belichick. After starting 0-3, the New England Patriots fired Bill Belichick and turned to their stats and analytics guy or something.

Funnily enough he took them to the Superbowl that year. Too bad they ran into me again. Wasn't much of a contest.

Edited by Thanatos

Back to the Witcher 3 on PC. Gonna finish off Blood and Wine and then restart on the hardest difficulty level.

Playing more Madden franchise mode. I played the Patriots in week 4 and noticed they were 0-3. I was like, "Madden, the Pats would never go 0-3 in real life, come on."

Then it one-upped itself. I noticed a skinny white guy on the sidelines. "Huh, that's weird. Other players likenesses are pretty good, I wonder why Belichick's is so bad."

It wasn't Belichick. After starting 0-3, the New England Patriots fired Bill Belichick and turned to their stats and analytics guy or something.

Funnily enough he took them to the Superbowl that year. Too bad they ran into me again. Wasn't much of a contest.

I don't think Belichick has ever been in Madden lol. Hes not in the coaches association or something like that and they can't use his likeness.

Anywho.

I've been playing COD and Battlefield 1 on Xbone.

Got the physical version of Total Warhammer for Christmas.

Three discs, I'm thinking, surely everything will be installed from the disc and once finished I'll be able to play.

Nope, mandatory download.

Liam-Neeson.gif

I don't think Belichick has ever been in Madden lol. Hes not in the coaches association or something like that and they can't use his likeness.

Anywho.

I've been playing COD and Battlefield 1 on Xbone.

Yea If it's the same as the past Belichick is always down as NE Coach because of the above.

I'm 5 hours into FF15 and it is glorious, so much fun to play and I haven't started to hate any of the 4 main characters. So glad I don't ever have to remember or hear Hope's bitch ass ever again

Super DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair Academy

Definitely plays better than the first one, aside from one trial game in particular (looking at you, Hangman's Gambit). The trials and murder cases are more interesting, and I think the plot is more interesting as well. Also it has Chiaki, and she's just too cute.

f51f6793d7600059e5ef4b5626999e55fb032bb0

Finally, got around to qualifying in competitive Overwatch. Qualified into gold, 2200 went on a winning streak up to 2400. And then last night, pretty much went back and forth. Competitive is a lot more fun.

Finally, got around to qualifying in competitive Overwatch. Qualified into gold, 2200 went on a winning streak up to 2400. And then last night, pretty much went back and forth. Competitive is a lot more fun.

Overwatch competitive is so much fun, only sucks when you get a string of teams that go for KDA instead of the objective

Overwatch competitive is so much fun, only sucks when you get a string of teams that go for KDA instead of the objective

The biggest problem I run into is when I have to heal. I am just not good at the role. I am decent with Lucio but I hate playing him so I usually go with a healer I am not all that good with but enjoy playing.

The biggest problem I run into is when I have to heal. I am just not good at the role. I am decent with Lucio but I hate playing him so I usually go with a healer I am not all that good with but enjoy playing.

Ah see Lucio is my favourite and I generally play support so I have Zen and Lucio down, learning Ana and suck with Mercy. Only problem I have personally is that when my team doesn't work together that I am out of position as I am expecting my team to be defending/contesting and they are chasing kills behind me.