Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Week 9

So the season's halfway over.  That's a bummer.

Who is Lamar Jackson? Do the Ravens even have a chance tonight?

How many teams actually have a good shot at winning the SB? There's a bunch of teams with good records, but I don't actually believe in most of them. 

Feels like the Bengals are trying to find the next Minshew.  Maybe we're finally entering the era of QBs where you finally don't have to be only a first round pick to be a decent qb in the league.

Also feels like there's more questions are this point in the season.  Usually things are somewhat solidifed by now.

The team very much feels like a bunch of princes and paupers, rather than having a serious middle class. No one is beating the Patriots in the AFC, and the NFC has the Saints, 49ers and the revitalized Packers at the very top, with the Seahawks, Rams, Cowboys and Vikings forming a solid second tier. Everyone else... better luck next year. I could maybe the Texans, Colts or Ravens stealing the upset on the Pats in the AFC, but it would be an upset and the odds are not favourable.

Bengals are right to move on from Dalton. They don't have the team around him to succeed, and they aren't obligated to pay him another dime.

We're certainly going to find out about the AFC tonight. The Ravens are damn near fully healthy and have two weeks to prepare, if they don't get it done tonight they can't.

I concur with Ngata. If Baltimore can't beat NE tonight, they aren't beating NE in the playoffs. And I don't think KC can go into NE and win either. Thus why I am rooting hard for Baltimore otherwise as far as I'm concerned we might as well skip to the SB on the AFC side.

Carolina dropped 30 on the #4 ranked scoring D and moves to 5-3, but the news that Cam is probably out 6-8 more weeks at least means I just don't know if they can make the postseason or make any noise if they get there. I know Minnesota dropped a very winnable one today, but the Vikes are 6-3, the Hawks are 7-2, and the Rams are 5-3 tied with Carolina- and LAR has the tiebreak from week 1. There's just too many teams. I'm not 100% sure 11-5 gets in at the moment.

Super pissed about today's loss, and it falls at Zimmer's feet because his defense is loaded but they don't produce. This is the second backup QB who looked like a good QB against this defense.

Check that, the third because Case Keenum is also backup quality.

Chase Daniel, even though he's pretty clearly better than Trubisky, is a backup quarterback. Matt Moore is a career backup.

I'm so tired of this team. We get the QB going and the star-studded defense falters.

We got a firm answer to the "Can anyone challenge the Pats in the AFC?" question.

Holy shit the Packers suck ass. 

The Packers average more than 30 points per game without Davante Adams. He comes back and Aaron Rodgers laser focuses on him... Do we not yet understand that that doesn't work for us? This team is better spreading the ball around to a bunch of different options. I don't care how talented Davante is, don't feed him at the cost of our entire offense. If it happens naturally and he's getting open, sure.. otherwise, stick to the scheme. I put that on Aaron. 

The defense needs to change it up a bit too. We keep doing this weird thing where we refuse to blitz and we keep a bunch of extra DBs on the field. Which works sometimes, but we get way too settled into it. Teams catch us sleeping way too often with bad personnel on the field. We have to mix it up, be more dynamic, adapt... BLITZ.We have good pass rushers, but not even they can get there every snap. Too often the QB just sits in the pocket and waits for a deep crosser to come open and throws for a big gain. It's really stupid.

other stuff...
- Really sucks to see Brissett go down. Looks like just a sprain but still. They are one of the feel good stories this year, would hate to see that end so soon.

- The Jets are the worst team in football. Adam Gase is the worst head coach in football. 
- The Ravens are the best team in football.
- Patrick Mahomes is really good.... but also really overrated. Matt Moore is a Hall of Famer.
- Devin Singletary looks legit. Idk why it took Buffalo this long to really use him. Although I guess they didn't really need to with that weak ass schedule.

Singletary was having troubles holding onto the football, classic rookie mistake sort of stuff. Having Frank Gore is just a really nice security blanket when you're playing the conservative grind them out style of football game.

Russell Wilson is the MVP of the league, hold my fucking nanobubble dick.

Since the current playoff format was adopted in 2002, teams that start 2-6 have never gone to the playoffs. So long, Browns.

Glad that hype train derailed.