Sign in to follow this  
BC

Theoretical AFC Championship scenario

Who would win if these teams faced each other again?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win the rematch?

• New England Patriots :pats:
    • Baltimore Ravens :ravens:

Straight up, who would win the game in an AFC Championship game  :ravens: :pats:  rematch?  We'll assume the game is in New England. 

Edited by BC

in Gillette? Pats, always.

Ravens are actually the last the team to the beat the Pats in Gillette in the postseason.

You've gotta assume the Pats would win.  Playing a team for the second time is gonna benefit the Pats more than the Ravens, IMO.

Generally, yes.  However, the Raven's victory wasn't by just a score. It was rather decisive. I really hope we get this matchup. 

Quite frankly I hope the Pats lose before we get a rematch, but that's just me.

they get free home field advantage this year, so it's rather unlikely.

If we keep playing this way, no team in the AFC is going to stop us.

• Like 1

I agree. I think purely from an X's and O's standpoint the Ravens have the upper hand here even in Foxboro.  Being on the road and having to use the silent count didn't slow them down even one little bit in Seattle; they blew our doors off, having Russell Wilson pretty shook to the point where he played completely unlike himself to try to compensate for how many points we were giving up.  The run-pass-option when done right is pretty much nearly unstoppable, and they are doing it better than anyone has ever done it right now. It's to the point where as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, they can go for it on 4th and short and be pretty much guaranteed to make it.  If we get this matchup in the AFC Championship, I just might get into gambling. 

Lamar and the Ravens are the flavor of the month just like Mahomes and the Chiefs were last year. Lamar still has yet to prove himself in the postseason. There’s a big disparity from a week 9 regular season game and the playoffs, especially a conference championship. 

• Downvote 1

That's a bad argument though. All the postseason greats had to start their postseason career. Lar did it coming in mid season and almost came back. This year he is a different cat.

36 minutes ago, DJT20 said:

Lamar and the Ravens are the flavor of the month just like Mahomes and the Chiefs were last year. Lamar still has yet to prove himself in the postseason. There’s a big disparity from a week 9 regular season game and the playoffs, especially a conference championship. 

Somebody feels threatened.

1 hour ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Somebody feels threatened.

Tough to feel threatened when your team has won 3 chips in the past 5 years and just lost their first game in 320 days. 

.0.0.jpeg

• Downvote 1

Man, the tables have really turned more than I anticipated they would.  Has to be the Ravens unanimously at this point, no?  The Patriots have allowed the fewest amount of points in the league by a pretty large margin.  That's the one thing keeping them alive in this. This is the most vulnerable Patriots offensive line I've seen yet.  Everyone keeps pointing to the fact that there's no Gronk, or any big receivers, for that matter.  While that might be true, I don't think that would really matter as much if the O-line play would be up to par with where its been over the last 20 years. 

If the Ravens can keep homefield advantage (and they only need to win once more to do so) they get an edge, but I'm fully expecting Patriots bullshit to happen.

I saw for once in my whole life the refs call a game that wasn't blatantly slanted. Ok some hyperbole there, but it is mostly true. There always bullshit call extending drives for the pats. The 2 tripping calls in Dallas could well be a 4th loss, but alas here we are.

We have played the top 5 defenses this year and averaged 3 TD's. The Pats arent scoring that on us or any other top 5 defense. And we will be away from Gillette so BB can't send our equipment to Sweden, or pay off Jerome Booger or Clete Blakeman. We would win handily. I hope we get the rematch.

The chiefs though, boy that is going to be tough.

Yeah I’d say it comes down to seeding . I like the Ravens the most. They are undisputed number 1 until proven otherwise. I think the Chiefs could give em a little trouble but I think the Pats would be ready for a Chiefs rematch.