The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Seasons 7 and 8 are fucking terrible and season 6 is decidedly average to poor. And I'm one of the larger Dexter fans, having also read the books.

FX shows.....been watching Louie, need to catch up on The Americans, Fargo, and I need to start The Bridge which I have the entire season one on my DVR.

• Upvote 2

Been binge-watching Dexter with my girlfriend. Seasons 4-6 are all pretty epic in their own way. Season 4 is my favorite because Arthur Mitchell is the only antagonist who can be mentioned in the same breath as the Ice Truck Killer. Season 5 was just solid all around, and I really liked the religious aspect of season 6. We're two episodes into season 7 now.

Those of you who have seen all of Dexter, I've heard about the terrors of the final season, and I am scared...

Season 8 is an utter trainwreck. You expect so much more and it just is.... ugggghhhhhhhh. With that said, it's still one of my favorite TV shows of all time, but that's solely because of Michael C Hall and his brilliant acting that carried the show through seasons 6-8. I guess I do have to give some credit to the writers though, seasons 1-4 are great. After season 4, big drop off, then an even bigger drop off after season 5.

I was really into Seasons 1-4 though, I actually cried a little bit at what happens at the end of Season 4. Seasons 1 and 2 are my favorite seasons personally. Season 1 because of the Ice Truck Killer, and it's just fun to learn the ways of Dexter and how he operates and thinks, how he's so different than normal people and how he has to mask that in everyday life.

Then Season 2 I think was the most intense because IMO Dexter is put in the most impossible situation to get out of but he somehow does. Also this is one of the few examples in tv shows/movies where I actually enjoyed the romantic triangle situation. Dexter is a player. :yep:

Also loved Frank Lundy's character.

Season 3 was great stuff. Season 4, completely agreed, the actor that played the Trinity Killer was amazing, a certified lunatic.

Season 6 I really wasn't a big fan of. It was okay, but I expected a lot more.

Season 8 was just... I can't even. They were focusing entire episodes about marginal characters that just got introduced to us that season that the viewer barely had any interest in. That season should've been more about Dexter and what his plan was, but they were treating it like a ho hum regular season of Dexter where they had another 3 seasons to go or something. Like they didn't know this was the final season. HEY, IDIOT PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS, THIS IS IT. YOU HAVE TO WRAP THIS SHIT UP. WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Overall though, one of my favorite things about the show is they're able to take a pretty dark situation, a serial killer who routinely kills people on the show, and still make a lot of the episodes pretty damn funny. Dexter's inside thoughts/comments that only the viewer hears are hilarious and I love the way he views some things. For example like season 1 (not gonna use a spoiler tag cause it's like the 1st episode of the entire show) we find out Rita is his girlfriend because she is a victim of an abusive husband and now she doesn't like to have sex. perfect girlfriend for Dexter! He is an extremely likeable character and honestly not that bad of a person if you think about it. :shifty:

Edited by BradyFan81

I am more accepting of practically every season of Dexter than most people seem to be (except the last one which was utter trash). It seems like they stopped caring, didn't know what direction to go in, and the writing was the worst of the entire series, IMO.

They had so many different paths opened up with SO many different possibilities... And blew them all. It was gross and it made me sick. lol

Binged-watched every episode of Louie yesterday (though I saw a good many of them before.) The season finale of Grimm was pretty crazy. Going to finish watching season two of Revolution just because it got canceled.

Other than that just sunday TV... American Dad, Bob's Burgers & Family Guy... VEEP and Game of Thrones.

Smallville. I am kind of in love with Kristin Kruek.

Louie is awesome.

• Upvote 2

Key & Peele

Does anybody watch Revolution still? I'm in the second season of this, and I am so surprised that they are still releasing episodes. its whack.

FX shows.....been watching Louie, need to catch up on The Americans, Fargo, and I need to start The Bridge which I have the entire season one on my DVR.

THIS. I've seen every new Louie so far (this season's been great) I saw all the Americans for the season, I watched all of the Bridge and can't wait for the new season...

BUT... Fargo has been fan-fucking-tastic! I was a little iffy the first episode but the show simply gets better and better with each episode some how. There's some classic scenes IMO from it already too. Both happening in the most two recent episodes.

If you're not watching Fargo you're fucking up in all honesty.

• Upvote 2

Penny Dreadful. Very interesting premise so far, after three episodes.

Yeah, I've started to watch FX shit lately as well.

-I've seen all but the latest Fargo (about to watch it, actually). Like Campin said, if you're not watching this, you're fucking up. Billy Bob Thornton's performance is just...epic (and I am loathe to use that word, but it actually applies here).

-I watched the first couple episodes in season 4 of Louie and liked it a lot, so I have started from the beginning. Some of his material is a bit crass, but otherwise his sense of humor is very similar to mine. I also love the stand-up scenes and how they shoot it from the stage so it seems more...in your face and real, like his comedy.

-I've seen the first three episodes of Wilfred and it was underwhelming (but better than I anticipated). Too much of the storyline just seems rushed or doesn't seem to make sense, even if he is convinced that he's really talking to a dog and smoking pot with him and shit. It just seems a bit poorly written.

-The Bridge looks great and The Americans looks interesting. Probably going to try these next.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I've started to watch FX shit lately as well.

-I've seen all but the latest Fargo (about to watch it, actually). Like Campin said, if you're not watching this, you're fucking up. Billy Bob Thornton's performance is just...epic (and I am loathe to use that word, but it actually applies here).

-I watched the first couple episodes in season 4 of Louie and liked it a lot, so I have started from the beginning. Some of his material is a bit crass, but otherwise his sense of humor is very similar to mine. I also love the stand-up scenes and how they shoot it from the stage so it seems more...in your face and real, like his comedy.

-I've seen the first three episodes of Wilfred and it was underwhelming (but better than I anticipated). Too much of the storyline just seems rushed or doesn't seem to make sense, even if he is convinced that he's really talking to a dog and smoking pot with him and shit. It just seems a bit poorly written.

-The Bridge looks great and The Americans looks interesting. Probably going to try these next.

I'd recommend you check out Justified while you're at it :thumbup2:

• Upvote 2

Thanks, I'll look into that. I think my girlfriend mentioned that one as well. I also need to watch Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire and check out True Detective. Too many fuckin' shows!

Justified is every kind of awesome. It is foolish to not watch Timothy Olyphant. Period.
  • Upvote 1

Jeremy Renner was on this past episode of Louie! :megusta:

Finally finished Breaking Bad. Amazing show, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Walt was a huge douche though, other than season 1 and literally the last episode I was never rooting for him. Pretty much none of the characters were likeable so that's why it's not my favorite show ever. But still great.

Finally finished Breaking Bad. Amazing show, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Walt was a huge douche though, other than season 1 and literally the last episode I was never rooting for him. Pretty much none of the characters were likeable so that's why it's not my favorite show ever. But still great.

81789-Walter-White-I-WON-gif-Breakin-JZc

If you haven't seen Avatar, The Last Air Bender, you are missing out on arguably the greatest cartoon/anime of all time (IMO). I highly recommend watching it.

Anyway, the season trailer for Book 3 of The Legend of Korra came out two days ago, and I just got around to watching it today. The Legend of Korra has been extremely underwhelming imo, at least compared to TLA, but watching this trailer gave me goosebumps.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Caught up on a couple episodes of Turn last night. Decent show thus far. AMC doesn't really disappoint me too often. Which reminds me that I need to watch that show Halt and Catch Fire and see if that's any good.

^Halt and Catch Fire has gotten pretty good reviews.

I've just been rewatching Always Sunny. Such an amazing show.

Walt was the bad guy the whole time. Part of the genius of the show.

• Upvote 1

If you haven't seen Avatar, The Last Air Bender, you are missing out on arguably the greatest cartoon/anime of all time (IMO). I highly recommend watching it.

Anyway, the season trailer for Book 3 of The Legend of Korra came out two days ago, and I just got around to watching it today. The Legend of Korra has been extremely underwhelming imo, at least compared to TLA, but watching this trailer gave me goosebumps.

ZUUUKOOOOO.

This one is just as good, IMO, though it suffers from a distinct lack of Zuko.

Edited by Thanatos19

I started watching Game of Thrones. After one episode I was intrigued, and by the middle of season one I was officially hooked. I'm not quite done season one yet, but here are some observations. Maybe some of you who have been watching from the beginning can get some amusement out of this.

• Overall, the visuals of the show are marvelous, but it's not style over substance. The characters are intriguing, and the dialogue is masterful at times. It's easy to see why people love this show. Reminds me of The Sopranos, if that makes sense.
  • Daenerys is an interesting character to me. I can't really tell what her primary motivation/goal is yet, though her husband is a fucking badass.
  • The show has done a good job of making me like the Starks and hate the Lannisters. Especially Jaime. Hopefully he bites it soon. Though Tyrion is actually somewhat sympathetic. Maybe because he's a dwarf?
  • There's something I really like about Jon Snow, even though his character isn't really doing anything yet. Just on the wall, taking the Black Oath, chillin...