The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Like SteVo, I just started up Game of Thrones as well. Only three episodes in, but I can tell I'm going to love this show.

At the persuasion of Socal and MHG, I tried a couple more episodes of Wilfred. Still don't think I like it, but I'm really trying. =/

Maybe episode 6 will be better?

Legend of Korra Season 3. :D

• Upvote 1

Since my last post, I am now almost through all four seasons of Game of Thrones. I've only got four more episodes remaining until I am completely caught up. I'm going to be really sad while waiting for Season 5.

Since my last post, I am now almost through all four seasons of Game of Thrones. I've only got four more episodes remaining until I am completely caught up. I'm going to be really sad while waiting for Season 5.

You're going to be sad before then.

• Upvote 2

Finally caught up with everyone else on Game of Thrones.

Tyrion killing his father Tywin was so gratifying. Also Arya leaving The Hound to suffer was crazy as well.

Can't wait for Season 5. My three fave characters are surprisingly still alive.

1. Tyrion Lannister

2. Arya Stark

3. Jon Snow

Welcome To Sweden. Pretty frickin' solid show, damn funny.

Watching the entire band of brothers series during my 16 hour shift of work...should be fun

I'm through the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones now. I actually think I preferred season 1.

I miss Ned. :(

I'm through the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones now. I actually think I preferred season 1.

I miss Ned. :(

4 > 3 > 1 > 2 is my preference for the GoT seasons.

4 > 3 > 1 > 2 is my preference for the GoT seasons.

This gives me hope for season 3, even though I already know about the Red Wedding... :ohmy:

Anyone else watching FX's The Strain? Kind of an interesting little parasitic worms turn people into zombie, parasitic worm factories/vampire show (apparently it's based off some books that Guillermo del Toro wrote. He's also the executive producer of the show). Only two episodes have aired thus far. The pilot was kinda weak, mainly because there's a lot of introductory stuff, but the second episode picked up in quality a bit (IMO, anyway).

It does suffer from your standard horror cliche of people being dumb, though. "Oh, my kid that's supposed to be dead just showed up at the house? She doesn't look good and she's kinda acting weird... Oh well, guess I'll bring her in and take care of her."

On the bright side, any show that has a badass old dude (dude that plays Walder Frey in GoT) with a cane sword can't be bad.

And then there's this. Can't have a horror show without gore I guess.

Strain_Headsmash.gif

Edited by Vin

I started watching The Strain for a bit. But this whole zombie thing is really getting old.

I started watching The Strain for a bit. But this whole zombie thing is really getting old.

Eh I'm not complaining. They are everywhere. I've been meaning to check out the show though.

I've been watching The Leftovers. Really fucking bleak.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

They're vampires, not zombies, lol. Think of 30 days of night-type of vampires.

Yeah they're vampires actually. But instead of the usual vampire back story or them having fangs and "turning" people by biting them there seems to be an original vampire dude who then spreads those worms out like a virus (airplane in 1st episode) to infect people and the worms transform the person from the inside out changing their organs, etc. until they have this giant worm like thing living inside of them (which can also shoot out their mouth and suck the blood out of someone :lol: )

But yeah I'm watching both the Strain and the Leftovers too.

I definitely have to check this out with Flash being one of my favorite super heroes. It actually looks like it has the potential to be good. CW has come out with some solid shows. I use to be a regular Smallville watcher and I heard Green Arrow is really good so I'm definitely going to give this a chance. I don't watch much TV outside of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire (and football obviously), so it would be refreshing to have another good show to watch. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Eh I'm not complaining. They are everywhere. I've been meaning to check out the show though.

I've been watching The Leftovers. Really fucking bleak.

I've only seen the pilot thus far. I liked the idea.

As far as the Strain goes, I like it so far, but it reminded me why I hate most pilots...forced exposition out the ass. They feel they have to get it all into that 90 minute slot to get the viewer up to speed, but it just doesn't work for me. Just lead me on little by little all season and I'm cool with it.

yah The Strain keeps getting better and better. They killin me with their ending the episodes on cliffhangers doe

I definitely have to check this out with Flash being one of my favorite super heroes. It actually looks like it has the potential to be good. CW has come out with some solid shows. I use to be a regular Smallville watcher and I heard Green Arrow is really good so I'm definitely going to give this a chance. I don't watch much TV outside of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire (and football obviously), so it would be refreshing to have another good show to watch. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The pilot has leaked online, but what you saw in that trailer pretty much gave the whole first episode away. But it should be a solid series. You might want to catch up with Arrow though cause they will cross over sometimes. Deathstroke was a pretty bad ass villain in season 2.

Just binge watched True Detective......loved it. Next up: Fargo.

The Strain and Leftovers are both pretty meh so far.

I have just started watching Orange is the new black, I had been holding off on watching it as I wasn't too sure if I would like it. However it is actually really funny and a lot better than I thought so far, plus so much lesbanen action.

0.jpg

Really wish they would make more of this. Gonna be watching the movie as well.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Just binge watched True Detective......loved it. Next up: Fargo.

The Strain and Leftovers are both pretty meh so far.

Fargo is awesome dude, you're gonna love it :clap:

Pardon the Interruption with Jayson Witlock, Dan LeBatard, and that Pablo Torre dude from Around the Horn playing the role of stat boy. It may be the last TV show I ever watch. lol I don't ever want to sit through anything like that ever again.

Edited by Charles-in-Charge