The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Finished season 1. I know a lot of Sopranos fans think this is the best season, but I still find the later seasons stronger. Hot damn, though, the finale...Chucky S and Mikey P clipped, Arty tries to kill Tony, Junior arrested, Tony finally confronts the truth about his mother. Just awesome from start to finish.

Not sure if I like 1 or 5 better. Those are the two best seasons I feel. Still have to finish 6 then I'll see if it makes it way into the discussion. Just finished the Allegra Sacrimoni wedding episode. John wants Rusty to be whacked since he was an insubordinate Capo and wants to eliminate everyone not on his side. Funny though, Johnny Sack admitted Rusty should have been boss after Carmine died. At the end Tony decides to beat the shit out of his driver to prove his toughness to everyone. :lol:

Nice solid episode.

Can't believe Tony was considering not actually taking Vito out for being a fanook. I know how Vito dies. Not up to that point yet. Do know it is New York who kills him and wonder if the hit was sanctioned which do not think it was.

"The Ride" featured some amazing Tony and Christopher bonding. Gandolfini and Imperioli have great chemistry.

Netflix needs to add The Sopranos, I am thoroughly enjoying Prison Break tho

Netflix needs to add The Sopranos, I am thoroughly enjoying Prison Break tho

If you don't have HBOGO, you can watch on Amazon if you have Prime.

So that's how the war started. New York takes care of Vito themselves without an okay from the Sopranos. Later on Fat Dom gets stabbed to death in the back of Satriale's after mocking Vito and breaking Carlo's balls even at one point saying "Carlo's lipstick was on Vito's cock," Silvio hits him with the dustbuster then Carlo stabs that fat fuck with a Michael Myers butcher knife repeatedly.

Not good. Two made guys killed, one in each family. :panic: War of 2007. Even if Vito was gay, New York has no right to take care of him without talking to Tony first. Now they think Dom was killed in retaliation which wasn't the case.

Almost done season 2 on my Sopranos binge. Favorite episodes so far...

The Sopranos (Pilot) - Got it all started beautifully. Great flashback structure.

Pax Soprana - Lots of intrigue for a transitional episode. Love the focus on the politics of being mob boss, and the ending with the FBI pictures is great.

Boca - Great single-episode plot with the summer coach, hilarious plot with Uncle Junior eating pussy, and tensions building towards the season 1 climax.

Isabella - The slow-motion scene with the attempted hit on Tony makes this whole episode worth it.

I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano - Exactly what a season finale should be: payoff after payoff with the right mix of surprise. The rat Jimmy whacked, Mikey whacked, Carmela tells Father off, and Junior escapes death by getting arrested.

Toodle Fucking-Oo - Season 2 gets the jump-start it needs thanks to Richie's introduction and Meadow's party at Livia's house. Carmela telling Janice to fuck off is the best.

Full Leather Jacket - Building tension with Richie, Carmela being Carmela in the best ways, and Chris getting shot at the end is really shocking.

Pax Soprano, I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano great fucking episodes - especially the latter.

Just finished "Stage 5". Johnny Sac dies from cancer. So now Lupertazzi needs their next boss. Gerry Torciano was whacked on orders from Doc Santoro. Phil was grooming him to be the next boss I think. Another god damn power struggle lol. At the end Phil is talking about how his family's last name was changed from Leonardo to Leotardo and they were celebrating his dead brother Billy's birthday and how Phil is weak for not doing anything about Billy's murder. So now I guess this is where Phil finally decides to attack Jersey.

Well I was wrong. Not until the 2nd to last episode is where the mob war happens. Phil was finally tired of the Soprano family and ordered for their top 3 guys to be eliminated. Tony beating the shit out of Coco oh my god that was awesome. Bobby get whacked, Silvio and Patsy are ambushed leaving the Bing. Tony escaped to a safehouse with the rest of the crew. Paulie, Dante Greco, Benny Fazio, Carlo Gervasi, Walden Belfiore maybe a few other guys that aren't too well known. That was a great scene and shows how real this is.

Edited by Bay

The Night Of

HBO mini-series, binge watched the only 4 episodes out so far as my mom was recovering from surgery and oh yeah... this is a good one. John Turturro the gawd :clap: This has the feel of The Wire, wasn't expecting that coming in for some reason but it's there.

Finished the Sopranos and somehow got to watching the Pink Panther Show. Remember as a kid my friend had a VHS of it. Solid cartoon of 6-minute shorts.

new-a-fly-in-the-pink-video-vhs-pink-pan

We watched the crap outta this.

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Just watched the latest episode of Ray Donovan. Season 4 started off just kinda "meh", but has gotten better with each episode. This past one was fantastic.

Just started Hell on Wheels...different...but very interesting to say the least. A lot of dynamics going on.

New Star Trek show is set before the original series.

:welp:

:fbm:

:mjtears:

Scream season 2 is :notbad:

1 more episode until we found out who the season 1 accomplice is. :ooo:

It's between 3 people most likely. They are making one suspect way too obvious so I'm leaning towards the other two possibly working together.

Last Chance U on Netflix.

If you love football, (obviously you do) this is a must watch in my opinion.

Finally finished Preacher a few days ago.

First few episodes were good. Weird, but in the fun sense, not in a negative sense, plus Jackie Earl Haley as Quincannon was giving me serious Maynard James Keenan vibes, which was kinda awesome. I was digging it.

But then the last couple episodes happened, and I wasn't really digging it anymore, and I can't quite put my finger why. The main characters aren't doing much for me anymore, with the exception of Cassidy, probably. Tulip is kinda awful. Preacher himself...I dunno. Something changed. Maybe I just don't know what I want out of the characters or the show. Didn't really care for the reveal in the finale either, even though I knew it was coming due to my limited knowledge of the comic. Came off as kinda cheesy.

I'll still watch season 2, but my enthusiasm in tempered at this point.

Finally finished Preacher a few days ago.

First few episodes were good. Weird, but in the fun sense, not in a negative sense, plus Jackie Earl Haley as Quincannon was giving me serious Maynard James Keenan vibes, which was kinda awesome. I was digging it.

But then the last couple episodes happened, and I wasn't really digging it anymore, and I can't quite put my finger why. The main characters aren't doing much for me anymore, with the exception of Cassidy, probably. Tulip is kinda awful. Preacher himself...I dunno. Something changed. Maybe I just don't know what I want out of the characters or the show. Didn't really care for the reveal in the finale either, even though I knew it was coming due to my limited knowledge of the comic. Came off as kinda cheesy.

I'll still watch season 2, but my enthusiasm in tempered at this point.

Even I can admit that this show simply didnt live up to the hype.

Just finished Season 3 of BoJack

So so good, and so so sad.

Yeah, BoJack is my favorite show right now outside of maybe Game Of Thrones. I feel like BoJack and I lead similar lives. (But I wasn't a 90's sitcom star) Never quite had a show that can be so damn funny and then instantly transition to depressing so smoothly.

Oh and lately I have channeled my inner weeaboo and I started watching Sword Art Online. Seems pretty cool so far.

• Upvote 1

Bojack is a great show. But Bojack the character is such a piece of shit. So depressing.

• Upvote 2

The Night Of finale was last night. It didn't disappoint even though it didn't have a HOLY SHIT or twist type moment. Tied everything up, and the various themes, and message it aimed to portray were delivered for sure. Gonna miss it. :(

Also, right after it the 7th episode or so of Vice Principals. Might be the best episode of the season. It's been lots of laughs but this episode finally gave it more of a rounded shape, added some of the feels in there. Good stuff.

Edited by CampinWithGordonRamsay

Mr. Robot just got REALLY real, second season started off kinda eehhhh but there were clues and the creator let us feel smart then revealed it midseason and we all thought we were cool but this motherfucker just fucked our brains again after season 1. My god.