The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Animated ones count, or solely live action?

I don't discriminate.

Bojack Horseman prolly.

Although is that LoL funny? I dunno.

Edited by Vin

I would co-sign on Bojack. I was iffy on it at first even though I love Arnet and, you know, Aaron Paul cuz BB.

And Rick and Morty if you haven't seen it. People that haven't seen it by now are largely turned off by some of the fanbase, but the show is seriously great.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Bojack was very uncomfortable for me at first, but it grew on me and it's one of my favorite shows period.

Definitely Rick and Morty, though I agree the "you need to be smart to get it" fans are the worst. It's hilarious imo and they're building something special in terms of character development.

I enjoy Big Mouth on Netflix, though I wouldn't put it in the same category as the others mentioned. It's a lot of sex jokes, but it's also about puberty so that's to be expected. Like Bojack, it made me uncomfortable until I got used to it.
Also I'm curious what people think about Stranger Things. I've enjoyed both seasons to an extent, but I also feel like both seasons started strong and then practically fell on their face as they crossed the finish line.

Edit:

Just finished the most recent AHS season (Cult). I can't tell if I actually enjoyed it or if I've just had so little to do that it was the better alternative. It's really ridiculous that AHS, which people tout as this super progressive diversified TV show (because of its approach to sex, transsexuality, homosexuality, etc), has now had two straight seasons where a mass murderer was schizophrenic.

Smh

Edited by OSUViking

Black Mirror season 4 in 3 hours!!! My #1 has been White Bear but Im so curious about USS Callister.

As it relates to this thread, I finally finished The Wire, and watching it is the 3rd most significant thing I did with my life in 2017 (behind getting married and buying a house :D).

Also I'm curious what people think about Stranger Things. I've enjoyed both seasons to an extent, but I also feel like both seasons started strong and then practically fell on their face as they crossed the finish line.

First, thanks for your suggestions. As for Stranger Things, I absolutely loved both seasons from start to finish. I actually thought season two started a tad slow but picked up in a major way. I know many fans did not like the standalone episode with Eleven, but I thought it was fine.

Black Mirror season 4 in 3 hours!!! My #1 has been White Bear but Im so curious about USS Callister.

Can't wait to dig into that. San Junipero is probably my favorite episode of television, of any series. Ever.

Black Mirror Season 4 Rankings

*1. USS Callister

*2. Black Museum

3. Hang the DJ

4. Crocodile

5. Arkangel

6. Metalhead

* = All-series favorite (as in, I'd watch again; the others not so much)

USS Callister:

Fucking LOVED this episode. It was a total mix of depressing and happy in a blender. The effects were actually pretty good and it was the longest episode in the series and I still didn't want it to end. The cheesy dialogue was a plus to me. Really felt like an 80s sc-fi show.

Black Museum:

This was a great episode to end the season. It was reminiscent of the White Christmas special but I liked this one better because of the twist ending.

Hang the DJ:

Okay, after Crocodile I think everyone binge watching this show needed something to feel good about, and it did it for me. San Junipero 2.0.

Crocodile:

Man, this episode is fucking BRUTAL. It will hit your heart like a motherfucker and this woman was a real monster. The reveal that the baby was blind? HOLY FUCK.

Arkangel:

This episode sucked, period. I get the irony, just didn't deliver for me because the girl ffs has a cell phone. She wont get lost. But the truck picking her up does leave you questioning if that girl was gonna be a goner, but they didn't deliver on that so fuck it.

Metalhead:

Screw this episode, wasted about 40 minutes of my time on this one, and I was excited for it because the poster looked cool and I thought I was gonna be more than just robot dogs. You can get that sort of drama in The Walking Dead. Going out to get a teddy bear? Please. Just felt like something I've seen before.

I liked the tension I felt in Metalhead, but agreed would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't fucking teddy bears they were after. Real pretentious twist imo. Read an article saying it was everything people who hate BM hate about BM, and I can agree with that despite still liking it. Wanted more background on the dogs too.

Hated Arkangel too, otherwise the only other difference is I'd include Hang the DJ in my series wide favorites.

I liked the tension I felt in Metalhead, but agreed would have liked it a lot more if it wasn't fucking teddy bears they were after. Real pretentious twist imo. Read an article saying it was everything people who hate BM hate about BM, and I can agree with that despite still liking it. Wanted more background on the dogs too.

Hated Arkangel too, otherwise the only other difference is I'd include Hang the DJ in my series wide favorites.

I really just felt like Hang the DJ was San Junipero 2.0 in the sense they both deal with simulaton in the dating world. I'm not knocking it at all, it's just one I wouldn't want to watch again when rewatching the series. Only few episodes I've really wanted to rewatch. I'm just picky like that, lol. The only other all-time fave for me before this season was White Bear.

• Upvote 1

I'll get to season 4 of Black Mirror soon. For now, appreciate y'all using spoiler tags. I have, however, over the course of the last few weeks, gotten caught up on some old episodes.

"The Entire History of You," S1E3. Really cool concept for an episode. One of the things I love about this show is how it continuously takes these technological premises and boils it down to a human story. According to Wikipedia, Robert Downey Jr. bought the rights to this episode in terms of developing it into a film. I'd love to see that.

"White Christmas," S2E4. I had seen this before but never all the way threw. PHEW. What an episode. I mean, "San Junipero" is and likely will always be my favorite Black Mirror episode, but this may be a solid #2.

"Nosedive," S3E1. This premise is pretty much my nightmare. So I simultaneously loved the episode and wanted to look away. Bryce Dallas Howard absolutely killed it.

"Playtest," S3E2. This series doesn't foray into the horror genre too often, so this was refreshing. It's definitely good-not-great Black Mirror, and the final twist is a little underwhelming, but I enjoyed it.

"Shut Up and Dance," S3E3. Hey, it's Bronn! This was another good-not-great one until the final five minutes or so, and then after I processed it, I think it's in the very-good category.

Black Mirror spoilers. Kind of.

1. USS Callister. Awesome.

2. Black Museum. Also awesome.

3. Crocodile Good. The baby being blind was kind of a lame throwaway thing. Could have done without that.

4. Metalhead This was different.

5. Hang the DJ Eh. It was okay but it’s not some masterpiece everyone seems to make it out to be. These type of episodes just aren’t nearly as memorable as the fucked up ones.

6. Arkangel This one just flat out sucked. They could have made a more interesting story with the technology in this episode.

Halfway through season 4 of Black Mirror.

"USS Callister" Awesome.

"Arkangel" Pretty good.

"Crocodile" Meh.

You are the first person I've encountered that enjoyed Arkangel.

It wasn't top-notch Black Mirror but it wasn't bad, certainly not compared to Crocodile.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't top-notch Black Mirror but it wasn't bad, certainly not compared to Crocodile.

I didn't like either. I should have clarified that you're the first I've met who enjoyed it period. To each their own of course, it just stood out to me. I didn't like it, but most people (at least irl) hated it lol.

I do know someone who loved it basically (though they'd never confirm this) because it was directed by and starred women. I don't include this person's opinion, as it didn't seem to be based on the quality of the episode.

Halfway through season 4 of Black Mirror.

"USS Callister" Awesome.

"Arkangel" Pretty good.

"Crocodile" Meh.

I am up to this point as well and generally agree. I think Arkangel would be better received with better casting and if it were an episode in one of the early seasons. Crocodile was flat out bad.

Started watching this show from the beginning because one of my friends had been hammering me about it for a while... I dont get the hype. Only through 4 episodes but , blah. Lol

Started watching this show from the beginning because one of my friends had been hammering me about it for a while... I dont get the hype. Only through 4 episodes but , blah. Lol

You talking about Black Mirror?

You talking about Black Mirror?

Yes

"Hang the DJ"

:ooo::ooo::ooo::ooo:

Wonderful in every way. Best of season 4 by far.

Season 2 was the best overall, IMO.

White Bear, The Waldo Moment and the Christmas episode are riveting TV. IMO

I only just got into vikings this season.

Whatd you think last night!? Wow !

Season 3 is the best because it has the greatest episode in TV history.

(Does Netflix count as TV? I think it does.)

Season 3 is the best because it has the greatest episode in TV history.

(Does Netflix count as TV? I think it does.)

Which one? Can't recall any from 3 I'd consider THAT good, lol. Assuming you mean Black Mirror, that is.