Sign in to follow this  
BC

COVID-19 and the political bitchfest among TGP members

3 hours ago, DJT20 said:

The Dems, specifically Xancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, blocked it because they wanted to fit in some green new deal-esque policies and other bullshit into a coronavirus stimulus bill. Clowns.

And I was waiting for Thanatos to pull out the "cultist" line lmfao. You and many others should see a therapist about that Trump derangement syndrome. Sheep.

You're too deep in your own bubble to even know that pop-up hospitals are a thing. Four pop-up hospitals are currently being set up in NJ.

To be clear, you're a cultist because no matter what Trump does you follow him like a sheep, not just because you support Trump. Too many Trump supporters are like you. I think Pelosi was dumb as hell to include green new deal shit in a coronavirus bill, however I see no information that Pelosi and Schumer blocked a bill that had a proposal of 1200 x 2. Mnuchin at one point talked about 1k twice, once in April and once in May, but that never made it into a bill, as far as I can see.

Why do you think I don't know about pop up hospitals? How is that at all relevant? Are you saying because we have pop-up hospitals that somehow means we're on top of this? You do know we have to staff them. And that that staff needs PPE? Which we are already running out of? Let everyone back out and they will be overrun. The buildings are like the 3rd problem. Staff is first, then PPE, then buildings. We can always re-purpose dorms and other buildings to use as hospitals if necessary. That's a concern, to be sure, but I think it's the least of the three atm. 

My best friend's wife and her sister are nurses. Both of them have been dealing with COVID19 patients on a daily basis- with absolutely zero personal protective equipment. It is a matter of time before they get the virus at this point. When that starts happening in earnest, you lose even more medical staff for at least two weeks and the situation just gets worse.

The county I live in completely cleared out a hospital that isn't used for a ton and made it exclusively for coronavirus patients. My guess is they'll do that for one or two more underused hospitals, and I think thats probably something all cities should be doing.

ICE is still raiding homes and using PPE such as N95 masks to do so. PPE that could be utilized by doctors and nurses. Is it really a critical priority to continue to deport people and break up families in the middle of a global pandemic, especially if by so doing you are using equipment that should be going to doctors and nurses?

nm

Edited by BC

theres no virus. not authentically. they are just borrowin flu numbers and giving it  new heading.. all this is bullshit

• Haha 1

Guess I'm part of the cover-up and conspiracy this time.

What are all the doctors and pharmacists in on this one too, PE?

I wish I could witness P.E. and how he's been interacting with people lately. :lol:

The whole wide world is in on it, BC. It's just PE that knows the truth man.

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Guess I'm part of the cover-up and conspiracy this time.

What are all the doctors and pharmacists in on this one too, PE?

this is how stupid the common man is. they dont have to be in on shit you moron. they follow just like your dumb ass.

where are 100s of nurse videos pleading with the masses? I thought you were smart? you dont even know basic virus germ truth.

from 3:00 mark, on. whats your excuse for this?

Who do you want your teams to pick in the draft, Phil? Or rather... who WILL they be picking? 

Would be interested to hear how perspectives and opinions on this have changed. From the get-go, I kind of took this "keep-going-mostly-normally-but-with-added-caution-and-extra-grace-shown-to-others" kind of approach, and that seems to be the way. Obviously it will be a half of year before we see a world where the circumstances will have us forget this ever happened, but we obviously have to keep doing all the things. I've been out hiking a ton. For those couple weeks in March when tensity was at its peak I didn't go and got extremely depressed. It's keeping me in line emotionally right now like nothing else can. Anything politics lately has just made me really depressed and makes my skin crawl. It always did but to absurd extremes lately. 

I think we definitely made a big mistake by not shutting things down sooner, but what's done is done. The situation, as a whole, has given me renewed faith in federalism, since the state/local governments have done a good job managing outbreaks in their areas regardless of what the directive from Washington is.

Now we have to somehow walk that fine line of re-opening between having the economy be impacted for too long vs. having the virus kill more people unnecessarily. I still think we won't see fans in sports arenas until 2021, at least.

5 hours ago, SteVo said:

I think we definitely made a big mistake by not shutting things down sooner, but what's done is done. The situation, as a whole, has given me renewed faith in federalism, since the state/local governments have done a good job managing outbreaks in their areas regardless of what the directive from Washington is.

Now we have to somehow walk that fine line of re-opening between having the economy be impacted for too long vs. having the virus kill more people unnecessarily. I still think we won't see fans in sports arenas until 2021, at least.

Agreed. We do need to set up mail in ballots at some point, I dont want a mass crowd going to the polls either.

I've come full circle on this. 

At first, very beginning... I was like, this seems like an over reaction. Then I was like, woah this is serious. Let's lock it down for a bit, and at least weigh the options. Now though... idk bro. I say open it up. I'm cool with some restrictions tho, and I think employers need to remain as flexible as possible. It's gonna suck, but they need to allow their employees to take time if it's needed. Period. If you aren't comfortable being out and about, being in contact with people. I get it. Stay away. I am cool with that. 

But for the rest of us... It's hard for me to justify a complete shutdown or anything even remotely close. At least where I am at. Obviously, where I am is very different than NY. I am very ignorant on how this is impacting people in places like that. However, it seems like the whole " our hospitals  are going to be overwhelmed" is not true... it seems like the whole " we won't have enough ventilators " is not true. 

Sporting events and public transport tho... ugh, idk bro.

Isolate the at risk. be cautious.... But keep livin. 

I think if (it's a big "if") companies are willing to let employees who are severely at-risk (old, pre-existing conditions) work from home, we should be ok.

Honestly I'm just sick of the political back-and-forth from Washington. Trump just wants to open the economy to boost his re-election chances, Democrats just want to moan about the statistics to make Trump look bad, Republicans just want to attack Democrats to prevent Trump from looking bad. And even worse, so many people just eat this shit up.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:37 PM, Thanatos said:

Agreed. We do need to set up mail in ballots at some point, I dont want a mass crowd going to the polls either.

Yeah, totally, so we can rig the election for Biden! There's already mass crowds at wholesale stores and your local Walmart, but going to the polls? Oh no, way too dangerous.  Are "mass crowds" even a thing at polling locations? I was in and out like a robbery when I voted in '08 and '16 (sat out '12 because fuck that Mormon loser) . I love how the left is already strongly pushing for mail-in ballots when we're 6 months out from the election. That's cute. 

I cannot believe the amount of tyranny and power tripping control still being displayed by these Dems, including our (NJ) governor Phil Murphy. Americans are now being conditioned to think that wanting freedom is SELFISH and that work is a privilege and not a right. We are now living in a country where sex offenders/pedophiles are being released for their own safety while a hair salon owner can get thrown in jail and fined $7k for serving a customer. But, but, but the government is looking out for our health and well-being REEEEEEEEEE!!!

AD735045-39C2-450A-8158-F8648F9B4191.jpeg

• Downvote 1

Dude the GOP votes by mail in Florida all the time. They're the ones who set it up there. Even Trump cast his vote by mail. There is zero evidence of widespread voter fraud. The only way by mail would rig the election is because there are less republicans now than there were 4 years ago. If more people vote, the GOP loses and they know it. Don't act like this is about anything else.

Yeah opening a salon in direct defiance to orders to shut down gets you thrown in jail for contempt. You're free to exercise civil disobedience, you just also get the consequences. 

Also lol @ you literally sharing a facebook meme. Half a dozen natural cancer cures? That's a flat out lie. You sound like an moron anti-vaxxer now.

Edited by Thanatos

14 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Dude the GOP votes by mail in Florida all the time. They're the ones who set it up there. Even Trump cast his vote by mail. There is zero evidence of widespread voter fraud. The only way by mail would rig the election is because there are less republicans now than there were 4 years ago. If more people vote, the GOP loses and they know it. Don't act like this is about anything else.

Yeah opening a salon in direct defiance to orders to shut down gets you thrown in jail for contempt. You're free to exercise civil disobedience, you just also get the consequences. 

Also lol @ you literally sharing a facebook meme. Half a dozen natural cancer cures? That's a flat out lie. You sound like an moron anti-vaxxer now.

You're right, but that makes it even more sad that Trump is president. lol. These people just need to go vote. I still think Trump has an edge, but a mass mail in push would give Biden the advantage. I would really like to know who his VP is gonna be though. 

15 hours ago, Thanatos said:

A nationwide mail-in vote seems ripe to be manipulated, bud. Why is Pelosi and the left so hell bent on pushing for it? We can't enforce social distancing guidelines at the polls? Are people more likely to contract the virus there than anywhere else? Asking for a friend. 

Lol @ "direct defiance". How about people need to put fucking food on the table? It's really comforting that a small business owner can get thrown in jail for violating a "lockdown" while absolute scum such as pedophiles are being released. Makes sense. 

Do you realize how much the pharmaceutical industry is worth? Cures aren't wanted, they want people to stay sick. Guess why? Because money talks. They don't give a fuck about your life, they give a fuck about your money. 

Thanatos, do you truly believe that the government cares about your health and keeping you safe? Seriously, do you genuinely believe that? 

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

You're right, but that makes it even more sad that Trump is president. lol. These people just need to go vote. I still think Trump has an edge, but a mass mail in push would give Biden the advantage. I would really like to know who his VP is gonna be though. 

Apparently he's looking hard at Amy Klobuchar. Aka female Tim Kaine. If the economy is still in the shitter in November, Trump loses in a landslide. If not, none of the leftists are going to vote for that ticket, so Trump probably wins.

Edited by Thanatos

26 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Apparently he's looking hard at Amy Klobuchar. Aka female Tim Kaine. If the economy is still in the shitter in November, Trump loses in a landslide.If not, none of the leftists are going to vote for that ticket, so Trump probably wins.

Actually no, a lot people are now waking the fuck up and seeing how tyrannical and power hungry that Dems are and being responsible for contributing to ruining the economy. Things are going to get real ugly for Democratic leaders in the elections forthcoming. Expect a lot of people to be flipping from blue to red. 

Gotta love the Libs... they want to keep the country shut down for months on end, but it'll be Trump's fault for the economic despair? Gotta have someone explain this one to me. Can you break it down for me since you have all the answers, Thanny? 

and there's not a single circumstance where Joe Biden, a pedophile with dementia whom can't complete a full sentence, even wins the election by a smidge, let alone by a "landslide" LOL. 

Sums up my feelings ... Works for Presidential options as well.