Sign in to follow this  
BC

2020 Official NFL Draft Discussion Thread

:towel: :towel: :towel: 

16 days until we get a much-needed major sporting event to get our attention on something else for a week.  If you haven't heard, its going to be run virtually with each organization's war room team operating remotely. Two extra minutes will also be given to each team for every single pick in this years draft.   

R1.
:Bengals:1.  Joe Burrow. QB. LSU  
:Redskins: 2.  Chase Young DE. Ohio State  
:Lions: 3. Jeff Okudah. CB. Ohio State
:Giants: 4.  Andrew Thomas. OT. Louisville
:dolphins: 5.  Tua Tagovailoa. QB. Alabama
:Chargers: 6.  Justin Herbert. QB. Oregon
:panthers: 7.  Derrick Brown. DT. Auburn
:Cardinals: 8.  Isaiah Simmons. LB/S. CLemson
:jags: 9.  CJ Henderson. CB. Florida
:Browns: 10.  Jedrick Willis. OT. Alabama
:Jets: 11.  Mekhi Becton. OT.  Louisville
:Raiders: 12.  Henry Ruggs III. WR. Alabama
:Bucs:13.  Triston Wirfs. OT. Iowa
:49ers:14.  Javon. Kinlaw. DT. South Carolina
:Broncos: 15.  Jerry Jeudy. WR. Alabama
:Falcons:16.  AJ Terrell. CB. Clemson
:Cowboys:17.  CeeDee Lamb. WR. Oklahoma
:dolphins:18.  Austin Jackson. OT. USC
:Raiders:19.  Damon Arnette. CB. Ohio State
:jags: 20.  K'Lavon Chaisson. EDGE. LSU
:Eagles: 21.  Jalen Raegor. WR. Penn State
:Vikings:22.  Justin Jefferson. WR. LSU
:Chargers: 23.  Kenneth Murray. OLB. Oklahoma  *traded with  Patriots*
:Saints: 24.  Cesar Ruiz. OG?C. Michigan
:49ers:  25.  Brandon Aiyuk. WR. ASU *traded with Vikings*
:dolphins: 26.  Jordan Love. QB. Utah State
:Seahawks: 27.  Jordyn Brooks. LB. Texas Tech
:Ravens: 28.  Patrick Queen. LB. LSU
:Titans: 29.  Isaiah Wilson. OT. Georgia
:dolphins:30.  Noah Igbinoghene. CB.  Auburn
:Vikings: 31. Jeff Gladney. CB. TCU
:Chiefs: 32. Clyde Edwards-Helaire. RB. LSU

Who are YOUR FAVORITE players in this draft that you'll be a fan of regardless of who picks them?
Jeff Okudah, Cee-Dee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Isaiah Simmons, Chase Young, Tua, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Brandon Aiyuk, K'lavon Chaisson, Laviska Chenault, Xavier Mckinney, Antoine Winfield II, D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Murray, Trevon Diggs, Justin Madubuike, 

What do you want YOUR TEAM to come away with?
Couple of big DE and DT prospects early, after that a RT and CB upgrade would be sweet, and a back

Who do you think from this draft ends up in the HALL-OF-FAME? 
Joe Burrow, CeeDee Lamb, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons, Chase Young, Jedrick Willis, Derrick Brown, Jerry Jeudy,  Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton, Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Who will BUST?
Jordan Love, Justin Herbert,  Terrell Lewis, Justin Jackson, Thaddeus Moss

Biggest SLEEPERS? 
Not knowledgeable on this one. Clyde Edwards-Helaire seems like he's getting slept on more than he should, not that he's not getting any credit. Whichever RB the Chiefs and Bucs draft if they aren't one of the top four.  

Edited by BC

Who are YOUR FAVORITE players in this draft that you'll be a fan of regardless of who picks them?
Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington State - He's a little flat-footed all-arm passing chaotic fuck, and I love him. He's got enough accuracy and arm to make it.

J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona - He's tiny at 5'5 1/4" and like 185, but he's Tarik Cohen Jr. Great elusiveness and toughness for his size.

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor - Human highlight reel with ballerina body control, special hands, and the meanest blocking I've ever seen from a receiver.

Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana-Lafayette - Everyone wants him at guard because he's better there, but I think he can start at tackle. He's a better Will Hernandez. Mean as fuck and has some serious pop. I love him with all my heart. He took it when he killed those small white Georgia Southern LBs.

Tyre Phillips, OG, Mississippi State - Same boat as Hunt although not as mean. He played LT for the Bulldogs but has limitations that will move him inside at the next level. Love the attitude and body. He's got dad strength and should fit easily to the NFL.

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina - He's special. One of those guys that should take a locker room over. Listening to him talk in person at Senior Bowl made me want to get a sword and shield and follow him into battle. Not to mention he's one of the most disruptive and athletic defensive linemen in this entire class. Great player even though he isn't as well-rounded as some other top guys.

Patrick Queen, LB, LSU - I love fast guys. I love smart guys. I love tough guys. He meets all these criteria.

Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State - Imagine putting a mountain lion on the edge of your defense and letting it loose. That's ADG. He's not the biggest linebacker out there but he plays with unreal energy and effort. Looked good as a MLB in Mobile too. Great watch and fun player.

Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal - Everything I want in a safety. Rangy. Smart. Good tackler. Good ball skills. Corner versatility. Great guy. He's a blue chip guy IMO.

Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota - A little on the small side but he does the little things right. Unbelievable football intelligence and anticipation, and he plays higher than his weight class. One of the most consistent playmakers in this year's safety group even though he comes with some red flags.

What do you want YOUR TEAM to come away with?
Any of those guys I just listed. Fuck scheme fit - I want my guys. 

Who do you think from this draft ends up in the HALL-OF-FAME? 
Jeudy (if he lands in the right spot), Becton, Wirfs (if he develops right), Derrick Brown, Chase Young, Okudah, and Ashtyn Davis. 

Who will BUST?
Burrow (relative to expectations), Eason, Lynn Bowden, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland, Netane Muti (if he goes high), Blacklock (relative to expectations), Chaisson (RTE), Terrell Lewis, Jonathan Greenard, Zack Baun (RTE), Davidson (RTE), Simmons (RTE), Jordyn Brooks, Kenneth Murray, Trevon Diggs, C.J. Henderson (doesn't fucking tackle), Jaylon Johnson, K'Von Wallace.

Biggest SLEEPERS? 
Brian Lewerke, Anthony McFarland, J.J. Taylor, Salvon Ahmed, K.J. Hill, Jeff Thomas, Antonio Gandy-Golden, James Proche, Charlie Taumoepeau, Josiah Deguara, Ben Bartch, Robert Hunt, Matthew Peart, Ben Bredeson, Logan Stenberg, Tyre Phillips, Leki Fotu, Raequan Williams, Jabari Zuniga, Alex Highsmith, Markus Bailey, Logan Wilson, Francis Bernard, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Khaleke Hudson, Ashtyn Davis, J.R. Reed, Terrell Burgess, Jalen Elliott, Alohi Gilman, Jeremiah Dinson.

Edited by Cherry
  • Like 1

I don't mind at all that the best player available isn't getting taken so far or that teams like NYG aren't trading down. Isaiah Simmons fallin' way too far but I'm happy for him going to better a better situation. 

Stunned:

Ruggs and Arnette being the Raiders plan
The Packers continual inability to help Rodgers, but they think they have the resources to get his eventual replacement 3 years in advance
Seattle not plugging their biggest holes in the trenches

Picks I thought were the best, good fits, and will be the most successful:

2. Chase Young DE Ohio State  -  Washington Redskins
8. Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson. -  Arizona Cardinals
14. Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina. -  San Francisco 49ers
15. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama. -  Denver Broncos
17. CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma. -  Dallas Cowboys
20. K'Lavon Chaisson DE LSU. -  Jacksonville Jaguars
28. Patrick Queen LB LSU. -  Baltimore Ravens
32. Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU - Chiefs

Players slightly surprised are still available :

Xavier Mckinney S Alabama
Deandre Swift RB Georgia
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
AJ Epenesa DE Iowa

Edited by BC

I really hate drafting a WR early, but Jeudy looks like the best of the bunch to me, so I hope it works out. If Fant can develop we have a pretty strong group of starters at the skill positions.

R2.

:Bengals: 33. Tee Higgins. WR. Clemson
:Colts:34. Michael Pittman Jr. WR. LSU
:Lions:35. DeAndre Swift. RB. Georgia
:Giants:36. Xavier McKinney. S. Alabama
:Pats: 37. Kyle Duggar. S. Lenoire-Rhyne?
:panthers:38. Yetur Gross-Matos. EDGE. Penn State
:dolphins: 39. Robert Hunt. OT/G. Louisiania Lafayette
:Texans: 40. Ross Blacklock. DT. LSU
 :Colts: 41. Jonathan Taylor. RB. Ohio State
:jags:42. Laviska Shenault. WR. Colorado
:Bears: 43. Cole Kmet. TE. Notre Dame
:Browns: 44. Grant Delpit. S. LSU
:Bucs:45. Antoine Winfield Jr. S. Minnesota 
:Broncos: 46. KJ Hamler. WR. Penn State
 :Falcons: 47. Marlon Davidson. DT. Auburn
:Seahawks: 48. Darrell Taylor. EDGE. Tennessee 
:Steelers:49. Chase Claypool. WR. Notre Dame
 :Bears: 50. Jaylon Johnson CB. Utah. 
:Cowboys: 51. Trevon Diggs. CB. Alabama
:Rams: 52. Cam Akers. RB. Florida State
 :Eagles: 53. Jalen Hurts. QB. Oklahoma 
:Bills: 54. AJ Epenesa. DE. Iowa
:Ravens: 55. JK Dobbins. RB. Ohio State
:dolphins: 56. Raekwon Davis. DT. Alabama
:Rams: 57. Van Jefferson. WR. Florida
 :Vikings: 58. Van Jefferson. WR. Florida
:Jets: 59. Denzel Mims. WR. Baylor
 :Pats: 60. Josh Uche. LB. Michigan 
:Titans:  61. Kristian Fulton. CB. LSU 
:Packers: 62. AJ Dillon. RB. Boston 
:Chiefs: 63. Willie Gay Jr. LB. Mississippi State
:panthers: 64. Jeremy Chinn. S. Southern Illinois
R3.
:Bengals: 65. Logan Wilson. LB. Wyoming
:Redskins: 66. Antonio Gibson. WR. Memphis
:Lions: 67. Julian Okwara. DE. Notre Dame
:Jets: 68. Ashtyn Davis. S. California 
:Seahawks: 69. Damien Lewis. OG. LSU
:dolphins: 70. Brandon Jones. S. Texas 
:Ravens: 71. Justin Madubuike. DT. Texas A&M
:Cardinals: 72. Josh Jones. OT. Lousiville
:jags: 73. Davon Hamilton. DT. Ohio State 
:Saints:74. Zach Baun. LB. Wisconsin
:Lions: 75. Jonah Jackson. G. Ohio State 
:Bucs:76. Keyshawn Vaughn. RB. Vanderbuilt  
:Broncos: 77. Michael Ojemudia. CB. Iowa.
:Falcons:78. Matt Hennessey. C. Temple.
:Jets: 79. Jabari Zuniga. EDGE. Florida
:Raiders: 80. Lynn Bowden. WR. Kentucky.
:Raiders:  81. Bryan Edwards. WR. South Carolina.
:Cowboys: 82. Neville Gallimore. DT. Oklahoma.   
:Broncos: 83. Lloyd Cushenberry. OG/C. LSU.   
:Rams: 84. Terrell Lewis. EDGE. Alabama.
:Colts: 85. Justin Blackmon. S. Utah.
:Bills:86. Zach Moss RB Utah. 
 :Pats: 87. Anfernee Jennings. EDGE. Alabama. 
:Browns: 88. Jordan Elliot. DT. Mizzou.   
:Vikings: 89. Cameron Dantzler. CB. Mississippi State. 
:Texans: 90. Jonathan Greenard. EDGE. Florida. 
:Pats: 91. Devin Asiasi. TE. UCLA. 
:Ravens: 92. Devin Duvernay. WR. Texas.   
:Titans: 93. Darrynton Evans. RB. Appalachian State. 
:Packers: 94. Josiah Deguara. TE. Cincinnatti. 
:Broncos: 95. McTelvin Agim. DT. Arkansas.   
:Chiefs: 96. Lucas Niang. OT. TCU.
:Browns: 97. Jacob Phillips. LB. LSU   
:Ravens: 98. Malik Harrisson. LB. Ohio State. 
:Giants: 99. Matt Peart. OT. Connecticut.
:Raiders: 100. Tanner Muse. S. Clemson. 
:Pats: 101. Dalton Keene. TE. Virginia Tech.   
:Steelers:102. Alex Highsmith. EDGE. Charlotte. 
:Eagles: 103. Davion Taylor. LB. Colorado. 
:Rams: 104. Terrell Burgess. LB. Utah. 
:Saints: 105. Adam Trautman. TE. Dayton. 
:Ravens: 106. Tyre Phillips. G. Mississippi State

Texting friends I was like "Happy Football Christmas!!!" But we're Seahawks fans so we sad. Felt like tons of reaches all over the place, like half the NFL teams were watching completely different college football games than the rest of us. The Giants, Falcons, Ravens, Chiefs all made out like bandits while us, the Packers, Eagles, Patriots, and Raiders all drunk

Edited by BC

I like the Blacklock and Greenard picks for the Texans. It's not love, but like.

They're both B+ picks at major positions of need in my book. Was really hoping they would trade up for Baun and I was even hoping for Jordan Elliott and/or Terrell Lewis after Baun was taken by the Saints. Overall O'Brien didn't fuck it up, so I am pleasantly content so far. Hoping Day 3 is just BPA all the way.

Jets sniping Ashtyn Davis also hurt... :(

Packers are drafting like they are The Bengals or like they are rebuilding. Pretty weird. Trade up for a backup QB and Aaron’s potential successor.... take a 3rd string RB who will probably replace Jones next year (contract year, Packers probably won’t pay him)  and a 3rd or maybe even 4th string TE... 

I know some analysts had TE as a need but it really wasn’t with Jace getting healthy. Packers have already said they’re gonna use him extensively and move him around etc. 

So from my view the Packers drafted a bunch of backups, none of which are at positions of need. 

Maybe this works out long term but for a team who got railroaded in the NFCCG, sure doesn’t seem like they’ve don’t anything to get better. 

• Like 1

Well we have no more picks but I am happy with the 3 guys we got

Ruiz will start at center and we will kick McCoy out to right guard and most likely cut Warford

I think Baun will be situational at first but since all of our linebackers not named Davis will visit IR at some point he should get some major playing time

I heard good things about Trautmen and he can learn behind Cooks and Hill

Would love to get Cherry's thoughts or anyone else's thoughts on the 3 picks since I don't study the players like some of you guys do

Also I miss you guys, real life keeping me busy and even busier now since I work for an essential company but I do lurk from time to time 

Hope everyone is staying safe

Also quick thought since every team seems to have "their" QB now or drafting them it seems to me the biggest loser's of this draft might be Cam Newton and Jamies Winston

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ruiz - starting guard/center who can be mean in the run game. I don't think he's special but he's solid. 

Baun - Fringe starter who will work as hybrid rusher/linebacker. He has some serious upside but he's too small to hold up against NFL tackles right now. Tweener traits will make him hard to get on field early. 

Trautman - Starting TE with good athleticism and upside. Needs work as a block but he has a good body and tries hard at it. Really exciting and IMO the best TE in the class. 

Tommy Stevens - Lol man. Just lol. 

• Upvote 1

Yeh I was not expecting them to jump back in and get Stevens, heard some people say he is Taysom Hill 2.0 but the highlight video I watched of him I didn't see it.

We signed Winston after the draft so I think Stevens is a practice squad player at best but I think we could have gotten him as a UDFA.

Thanks for the write up Cherry

Panthers killed this. Loving it all around. Full defense is a bit odd, but I guess we're rebuilding for sure then.

I'm reasonably happy with the Bills draft. We drafted players. To my knowledge, none of them support any far-right militias. If they're good they'll help us win games. Hooray.

• Haha 2

I've never had to think more deeply about a draft pick than the Eagles taking Jalen Hurts, but I genuinely believe it is a very ahead-of-the-curve decision.

7 hours ago, SteVo said:

I've never had to think more deeply about a draft pick than the Eagles taking Jalen Hurts, but I genuinely believe it is a very ahead-of-the-curve decision.

The Eagles don't have a QB. The Eagles drafted a QB. What is there to so deeply ponder? Kappa.

• Upvote 1

And here I thought the Eagles drafted a QB... 

Most of the Philly beat writers are so bad only Skip Bayless could make them look better. I put zero stock into that tweet.

Just now, SteVo said:

Most of the Philly beat writers are so bad only Skip Bayless could make them look better. I put zero stock into that tweet.

I've also read things that (are also probably sensationalized) that the Eagles want to test and move towards a 2 QB system. Any truth to that do you think? Is Hurts going to be a better Taysom Hill?  Or more of your traditional QB and backup.

I think they'll mix him in similar to Taysom Hill in terms of number of snaps. Maybe the way they do it is a little different. But they drafted him to be a QB. We just have a bigger need for backup because Wentz can't stay healthy.

Pats had a decent draft. I'm a little tight they didn't take a wideout, but whatever. Happy they didn't take some bum ass QB like Fromm.