Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Jamaal Jackson and Leonard Weaver

In addition to multiple knee surgeries, Eagles FB Leonard Weaver has also undergone a rare tendon transfer surgery on his injured left foot.

Fox Sports' Adam Caplan believes Weaver is the first NFL player to test the procedure, which seems similar in nature to Tommy John surgery. Weaver's $2.5 million salary is guaranteed for skill and injury, so the Eagles owe him $1 million even if he's cut. The odds are stacked against Weaver playing in 2011, if ever again.

Source: Fox Sports NFL Buzz

Vincenzo is king of the memory/update bump.

Wow... I did not expect to hear anything career ending. We're lucky to have picked up Schmitt, but I honestly think going into last season before he was hurt, Weaver was the best all around FB in the NFL.

I honestly am not surprised that Weavers career may be over as the injury was nasty just to watch I couldn't think what it must of felt like. I hope that this rare surgery works for him and he is able to play again as it would suck for him not to be able to.

I honestly am not surprised that Weavers career may be over as the injury was nasty just to watch I couldn't think what it must of felt like. I hope that this rare surgery works for him and he is able to play again as it would suck for him not to be able to.

Yea it was nasty. I'm really happy that the people at the network decided to play it for us over and over and in super slow mo so we could count as ech tendon snapped.

I hope he is able to play again for his sake.