Vin

The Walking Dead

http://tv.ign.com/articles/115/1156613p1.html

The IGN Theatre at C2E2 hosted a packed house for The Walking Dead panel today and fans learned that Stephen King is in talks to write a Season 2 episode. (Editor's Note: Eff yeah!)

Laurie Holden, who plays Andrea on the series, dropped the news at the panel. Which episode that might be is still up in the air.

Frank Darabont, the show's executive producer, has a long-standing relationship with King, having adapted King's Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist for the big screen.

Jon Bernthal, who plays Shane, also revealed that Darabont will not direct the Season 2 premiere, but will most likely helm an episode later in the season's run.

Jon Bernthal Talks Walking Dead Season 2

In the first season of The Walking Dead, we saw the characters go to some very dark places. Expect Season 2 to get much darker, especially for Andrea and Shane. The actors hinted that things are going to get worse before they get better for their respective characters, as Season 2 takes Rick and Company on a journey to Hershell's Farm.

For Andrea, Holden promised that her character will deal with the aftermath of her suicide attempt in the Season 1 finale "TS-19".

"[Andrea] will be at rock bottom," Holden said. "She will not make it easy on Dale for saving her life from the events in the CDC... She's trying to find her feet again, [and] finds herself set to avenge her sister's death."

Holden also said that fans will see her live-action character get closer to her comic book roots. We will see Andrea "emerge as a warrior" with the actress looking forward to "shooting up some zombies."

Laurie Holden Talks Walking Dead Season 2

Shane's complicated relationship with Rick, Lori and Carl will bring about "the best and worst" in him come Season 2.

When asked if that meant that Shane will finally meet the fate of his comic book counterpart's, Bernthal said he didn't know, and that the writer's haven't told him anything. (The writer's room for Season 2 recently reopened for business, with Season 2 stories currently being developed.)

But both Holden and Bernthal implied that, as much as everyone wants to get to the prison, Season 2 may have too much going on to spotlight that story arc. "But we might," Holden said.

Holden also implied that, maybe, Tyreese, Michonne and The Governor will make their presence known in some way come Season 2.

The second season of Walking Dead hits AMC Fall 2011. What do you want to see come Season 2? Is it a deal-breaker for you if Darabont doesn't take us to the Prison? Excited for King getting his hands on Kirkman's zombies? Swarm the comments below with your opinions.

Didn't know the show was based on a comic book, makes it more impressive that it doesn't suck.

Didn't know the show was based on a comic book, makes it more impressive that it doesn't suck.

Really? :dry:

Haven't been overly impressed with many comic book flicks...though they have gotten much better than the old Dolph Lundgren "Punisher".

Haven't been overly impressed with many comic book flicks...though they have gotten much better than the old Dolph Lundgren "Punisher".

What about some of the ones that aren't super hero related? Or take a different spin on typical Superhero stuff.

A History of Violence?

Sin City?

Scott Pilgrim vs the World?

V for Vendetta

Kick Ass

Surrogates

Tales from the Crypt

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Watchmen

30 Days of Night

Constantine

The Crow

From Hell

The Mask

Wanted

edit: Oh Yea and the Road to Perdition

You must have liked at least a couple of those... :shrug:

Edited by GA_Eagle

What about some of the ones that aren't super hero related? Or take a different spin on typical Superhero stuff.

A History of Violence?

Sin City?

Scott Pilgrim vs the World?

V for Vendetta

Kick Ass

Surrogates

Tales from the Crypt

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Watchmen

30 Days of Night

Constantine

The Crow

From Hell

The Mask

Wanted

edit: Oh Yea and the Road to Perdition

You must have liked at least a couple of those... :shrug:

Actually I liked most of those, just didn't know they were comic book based.

My bad, comic books have changed quite a bit, since I've last read any.

Edited by Krawnka

This literally came out on tv over here yesterday. Just watched the first episode and damn it was pretty gripping and it set the story up really well from the word go. I will have to look for streams of this I think its looking very good.

Edited by BlaineDifference

Beastmode. Can't wait for Halloween(wait, that's when Season 2 is coming out, right?). Pretty sure I remember hearing it'll air then, just like the last season did.

WOOP WOOP!

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1184376p1.html

Some big and surprising changes are occurring behind the scenes on The Walking Dead, as Frank Darabont – who has been the guiding creative force on the AMC series since it began -- is stepping down as showrunner. Deadline reported the news, saying that Darabont would no longer be showrunner, even as the show is in the middle of production on Season 2 and just days after he participated in the Comic-Con panel for the series.

[Click Here to read our report on The Walking Dead panel at San Diego Comic-Con and to see the new trailer]

What's not clear yet is if Darabont is leaving the show altogether or not, though he'll clearly have a diminished role no matter what. Deadline says "there is some speculation" that Darabont will be leaving the series completely, but that they hear there are talks for him to possibly stay on "in some capacity."

As to why any change is occurring, Deadline says they hear Darabont, who previously wrote and directed films like The Shawshank Redemption and The Mist, "never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series."

[Click here to see the Walking Dead poster from Comic-Con that IGN exclusively revealed]

For a series that has only aired six episodes, there has been a notable amount of turbulence behind-the-scenes on The Walking Dead. After Season 1 ended, most of the writing staff departed, including Darabont's original number 2, Charles H. Eglee, among reports Darabont didn't intend to use a full-time writing staff at all going forward – though that didn't come to pass.

Glen Mazzara (The Shield) ultimately joined the series as Darabont's number 2 and it's not clear yet if he might now be elevated to showrunner, in place of Darabont. Deadline says production of the show has not been affected during these changes.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1184537p1.html

On the heels of the surprising news that Frank Darabont is out as showrunner on The Walking Dead, his replacement has been found, reports Deadline. Not shockingly, it will be Glen Mazzara, who previously was the number 2 to Darabont on the series.

[Click Here to read about Frank Darabont stepping down as The Walking Dead's showrunner]

Mazzara wrote one episode of The Walking Dead in Season 1 ("Wildfire") and then joined in a full-time capacity in Season 2. Darabont referred to him as the show's "head writer" in Season 2.

Mazzara previously was a writer on The Shield, the cool factor of which hopefully offsets his time as showrunner on Season 1 of Crash and Season 2 of Hawthorne. Deadline says he will remain with the title executive producer on The Walking Dead, alongside comic book creator Robert Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1187232p1.html

Frank Darabont's departure as showrunner from The Walking Dead was incredibly abrupt and surprising, occurring half-way through production on Season 2 of the hit AMC series. No details were given for why he had left, with AMC's senior vice president of original programming, Joel Stillerman, not going into specifics when he spoke to the press a couple of weeks ago except to confirm that Glen Mazzara, previously Darabont's number two, was now the showrunner.

Now, an in-depth new article in The Hollywood Reporter is shedding light on the subject – and it's a pretty messy situation. According to the Reporter, Darabont was fired and did not leave of his own accord. The move was as big a surprise to him as any of us, which explains why he was happily promoting the series at Comic-Con just days before he was let go.

The Reporter says that a source close to the situation tells them AMC has been "terrorizing" the cast, discouraging them from making any statements on Darabont's behalf. One inside tells the Reporter, "They're scared. They're on a zombie show. They are all really easy to kill off."

While it's still not 100% clear what led to AMC actually getting rid of Darabont, the core of the rift between Darabont and AMC seems to come from budget issues, with AMC asking for notable cuts in the budget for Season 2 and requests – such as filming half of each episode using interiors and with less onscreen zombies – that Darabont wasn't willing to make compromises on.

Apparently, at the time Daraboint was let go, one of Season 2's episode's came in with unusable footage from a director, which Darabont was working on trying to fix in the editing room – and the Reporter says AMC may have used this issue as a pretext to fire him. A source blames AMC's Joel Stillerman for having Darabont fired. Stillerman already has a strained relationship with Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, who's had his own battles with the network. All of this is happening while AMC has also had tense negotiations with Sony over the future of Breaking Bad that led Sony to speak to other networks about picking that acclaimed series up – though it now looks like a new deal with AMC will be made.

In the meantime, all eyes will be upon The Walking Dead: Season 2 and whether the series feels markedly different going forward without Darabont, who is repeatedly credited with making the series what it is.

Head on over to The Hollywood Reporter for Kim Masters' full report on this situation.

They need to hurry up and get the 2nd season on tv...Trueblood is about the only thing I'm watching now...ok it IS the only thing I'm watching now...besides trying to catch up on Weeds on Netflix.

Edited by Krawnka

They need to hurry up and get the 2nd season on tv...Trueblood is about the only thing I'm watching now...ok it IS the only thing I'm watching now...besides trying to catch up on Weeds on Netflix.

I think I read October is when it starts up, cant wait.

I hate TV schedules.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1192022p1.html

AMC have announced The Walking Dead will get an expanded, 90-minute season premiere. The Season 2 premiere airs Sunday, October 16th on AMC at 9pm. Taking a page from a lot of other cable series of late, they've also revealed the season will air in two halves. The first seven episodes will air over consecutive weeks through October and November. The show will then take a break through December and January, and episodes eight through thirteen will begin airing on February 12th at 9pm.

It's also expected that Breaking Bad's recently announced fifth and final season – with an expanded 16 episode order – will air over two years.

So pumped.

This show is another reason, among many, why October is my favorite month. :yep:

My buddy and I just finished watching season 1 the other day. Love the show. Cannot wait for season 2 to start.

Anyone have any theories on what Dr. Jenner said to Rick before they ran out of the CDC building?

Remember Dr. Jenner made them all submit to blood tests? Well I think he told him that his wife is pregnant. BOOM!

...or...some important info on the zombie virus/disease or w/e.

Edited by BucD

My buddy and I just finished watching season 1 the other day. Love the show. Cannot wait for season 2 to start.

Anyone have any theories on what Dr. Jenner said to Rick before they ran out of the CDC building?

Remember Dr. Jenner made them all submit to blood tests? Well I think he told him that his wife is pregnant. BOOM!

...or...some important info on the zombie virus/disease or w/e.

I've read the comics so here's some info from that might be a spoiler:

I'm pretty sure you're right as that's sorta what happened in the comic. Though this hasn't followed the comic in some aspects, so we'll see.

Edited by GA_Eagle

26 MINUTES BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watched the season premiere.

I hope Shane and Andrea get eaten.

They seem pretty selfish..I hope they die off as well..

The only gripe I have about the premiere was the deer scene...it seemed really corny.

Was it like that in the comics?

I liked the first episode, but Daryl(Norman Reedus is the actor) absolutely carried that acting wise..the other characters were pretty meh..