Vin

The Walking Dead

The flashbacks were unnecessary and random as fuck tho. Just show us a fucking war like it was suppose to be.

The flashbacks were unnecessary and random as fuck tho. Just show us a fucking war like it was suppose to be.

That's kinda what I mean.. Like... I liked those flashbacks... but they didn't really seem to fit. Those individual moments were way better than the episode as a whole -- which is a problem, IMO. And I don't know why Sasha got such red carpet treatment on her way out.

I guess they just wanted us to "feel something" ? I guess? Or maybe it was about undermining Negan? negan took several losses throughout this episode. Sasha outsmarting and being ahead of him really took him down a few notches IMO. He just isn't that bad ass of a character... He does have some funny quotes sometimes, tho. lol.

That's kinda what I mean.. Like... I liked those flashbacks... but they didn't really seem to fit. Those individual moments were way better than the episode as a whole -- which is a problem, IMO. And I don't know why Sasha got such red carpet treatment on her way out.

I guess they just wanted us to "feel something" ? I guess? Or maybe it was about undermining Negan? negan took several losses throughout this episode. Sasha outsmarting and being ahead of him really took him down a few notches IMO. He just isn't that bad ass of a character... He does have some funny quotes sometimes, tho. lol.

That's the problem. Negan is suppose to be a badass mofo. But this show portrays him as a pussy basically lol. He should've bashed Sasha's brains in for what she did infiltrating his home
  • Upvote 1

That's the problem. Negan is suppose to be a badass mofo. But this show portrays him as a pussy basically lol. He should've bashed Sasha's brains in for what she did infiltrating his home

He's a badass but he's not dumb. Sasha was a pawn for him.

Just read the comics. Hell, start at issue 100 where Negan is introduced if you want and then go back after you're hooked.

The finale and entire season sucked ass. 12 episodes of build up for a 2 minute gun fight where literally no one important dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l82kiUvnKM

"I hope you've got your shittin' pants on."

:rog:

Can't wait for more completely superfluous action scenes.

Edited by Vin

They're all just super heroes now.

It kind of reminds me of the Fast and Furious movies, from point break with cars to hundred million action adventure.

Well that didn't feel like a season premiere at all.

Also can't tell if it's a good thing or not that the best scene is right at the end of the episode.

• Upvote 1

It didn't and I kinda like it. It started quick and it seems like the first few episodes will follow suit. I am most interested in Gregory and the peculiar Negan / Gabriel situation.

Yeah I mean it seemed like it was going to be an awesome episode. At this point I'm with Phil. I'll probably keep watching because I have too much invested in the show at this point but imo this season opener sucked. I want more Tiger maulings, damn it. If that Tiger dies I honestly wouldn't even have much of a reason to watch anymore lol.

Carl gonna die this season folks. Rick always gotta lose someone important when he is gonna take down a big enemy.

Did they really

kill the fucking tiger? Fuck that man

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

This show sucks. If I hadn't invested 7 years of my life into this, I wouldn't be watching anymore. Carol remains a saving grace also -- may I add. These stand alone episodes are so fucking brutal man.

EDIT: Also, where the fuck is Negan? Is he just jerking off Father Gabriel in the trailer or something? What the hell is going on out there!

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Glasses bro is the by far the worst character we've ever had in the show. Whew.

This show sucks, but I'll keep wasting my time on it to see how they adapt the comics.

Meanwhile the comics are about to enter an entire new arc and the story seems to keep getting better.

Um.

Wat.

LOL that was so weak. Where the hell was Rick all episode. He gets to the Sanctuary in broad daylight, and then just randomly walks into Alexandria at like midnight when the entire city is burning except for his own house...

Episode didn't get good until there was about 15 seconds left...

Glad I get a 2 month break from this show.

Idk how theyd do it but Im goig to be so pissed if wrote some ridiculous way to get him out of that situation

Said person becomes a zombie, but maintains sentience.

Crisis averted.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a847441/walking-dead-renewed-season-9-new-showrunner-angela-kang/

The Walking Dead has been renewed for a ninth season with a brand-new showrunner.

The AMC series will air the next season in late 2018, with writer and co-executive producer Angela Kang elevated to the role of showrunner.

Current showrunner Scott M Gimple has been promoted to the job of Chief Content Officer and will oversee the whole Walking Dead TV universe – which includes spin-off Fear The Walking Dead.

Eugene, Dwight, The Walking Dead, Season 8

"This is an enormously important day for the entire The Walking Dead television universe," said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios.

"We are proud to acknowledge Angela's significant contribution to the series and to set a clear path forward for a ninth season under her direction.

"Further, with gratitude and admiration, we also recognise Scott's broad impact on, and leadership of, the content that fuels our TWD universe.

"Together, we will dream bigger and more broadly than ever before."

Gimple added: "The Walking Dead is a special show which started in an entirely different era of TV, and continues, in this new era, to confidently take chances to tell compelling stories that excite audiences and make them deeply connect with its characters, adapting Robert Kirkman's brilliant comic book.

"As the show closes in on its tenth year, I'm honoured to keep working with the talented, dedicated people behind and in front of the camera to make it all it can be, while expanding the world of The Walking Dead with new narratives like Fear the Walking Dead and a whole host of truly cool stories ahead."

He added: "Angela is a big part of the heart and soul of The Walking Dead, and I'm thrilled to help facilitate her vision of the show's next era."

Speaking of her new role, Kang said: "I am beyond thrilled to be stepping into this new role with The Walking Dead.

"Working on this series and having the opportunity to adapt Robert Kirkman's amazing comic has been a fangirl dream come true for me."

"I'm excited to continue working with Scott and the wonderfully supportive folks at AMC, and can't wait to share the next chapter of the story with our fans next fall."

The Walking Dead is due to return for the second half of its eighth season on February 25 in the US on AMC and on Monday, February 26 on FOX UK.

:think:

Edited by Vin

Show sucks and if they're promoting Gimple to oversee everything and promoting from within idk how that's a good thing.