Vin

The Walking Dead

Rip Simon now. I wish his character was actually Negan. They need to do something with this storyline cause it’s just dull now. They killed Carl off in one of the most pathetic ways.

I don't really see how they're going to have the comic resolution for this arc. I mean, given the events in the last episode, the tiniest of seeds is there, but it's not believable.

Kinda curious what they're gonna do.

Rip Simon now. I wish his character was actually Negan. They need to do something with this storyline cause it’s just dull now. They killed Carl off in one of the most pathetic ways.

:sigh:

Pretty sweet way to go tho. And his walker was one of the best weve seen imo lol

Pretty sweet way to go tho. And his walker was one of the best weve seen imo lol

Yeah. But not Negan probably won’t die, Rick gonna put him in Morgan’s cell.

The entirety of All Out War was fuckin' lame, start to finish. Simon was the best character and they wasted him. He was much closer to comic Negan in demeanor, but not in action.

Finale shit:

The entire ending was cringy as fuck. Rick and Negan's ending missed the mark because they didn't give Rick his full speech or Negan his, "fuck, you're right" realization before getting his throat cut. The part with Oceanside was pointless. Aaron could've died and not brought them back and Tara and the others would've gunned 'em down. The bit with Maggie/Jesus/Daryl was annoying and, though I think people are off in assuming a "civil war" arc, it was still cheesy. As was the scene with Rick and Michonne lording over Negan like fucking children in a "Teen Nick" show.

Does anyone watch Fear the Walking Dead? I kinda liked Season 1 but haven't watched since it first aired. I hear it has better ratings and they actually get to use two f-bombs a year.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/#images

We’re hearing that, by the end of Season 9 of AMC’s hit drama series The Walking Dead, Rick Grimes himself will be walking away. That’s right TWD enthusiasts, Andrew Lincoln will be growling his way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the series’ founding character makes his exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see Lincoln in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season.

Any time a major character from the show shuffles off this mortal coil (or heads to a spin-off series), it’s a big deal, but for the characters who have been there from the beginning like Rick Grimes & Co., their loss is catastrophic. We saw that effect when Chandler Riggs left the show just last season and we’ll likely see an even bigger fan fallout when Lincoln leaves in Season 9. To fill the void in the show’s leading man status, we’re also hearing that AMC has offered substantial compensation to long-running series star Norman Reedus to not only stay on board, but to take over the show’s leading role.

Off-screen drama has been fairly common for The Walking Dead this off-season with star Lauren Cohan, who’s not quite a TWD original but close, making waves across social media by holding out for a better contract. Her case was strengthened by the Season 8 finale, which put her character Maggie in a position of power that ironically mirrored Cohan’s own bargaining position at the negotiating table. Cohan is confirmed to be back for Season 9 of The Walking Dead, though it’ll only be for six episodes as well; her ABC pilot Whiskey Cavalier has been ordered to series, keeping her plenty busy. It’s possible that AMC will cut ties with both Lincoln and Cohan this season … or vice versa. Lincoln has been relatively locked down in the eight-plus years of starring on The Walking Dead, and while it’s a lucrative job, it limits the versatile star from taking on other creative challenges. Cohan, too, has been a sought-after talent during the recent TV pilot season and has increasingly high-profile films on deck at this stage in her career.

RIP this show.

Lauren Cohan also confirmed for only half of Season 9.

looks like a reset, boys!

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Lauren Cohan also confirmed for only half of Season 9.

looks like a reset, boys!

Let's go full reset and have HBO take a turn.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I am being 'that guy' but this show ended a few years back.

• Upvote 1

It's gonna be a lot easier to detach from the show with Lincoln, IMO. Even though the show has sucked, I've felt like I needed to keep watching because of so much time investment. But with this news, I feel like it will be easier to move on.

Go watch Into the Badlands instead. FUCKING EPIC.

Man, Scott Gimple is such a raging, imbecilic piece of trash. Holy fucking hell. "We promoted him and he made quick work of ruining TWD. Now let's promote him further to oversee the rest of the TWD universe and dismantle the great thing Fear The Walking Dead had going."

I had seen S1 of FTWD when it aired and never picked it back up cuz TWD turned to such shit. But I recently got caught up and S1-3 were phenomenal. Then Gimple got promoted, replaced the showrunners, and imported FUCKING MORGAN. Literally wiped the slate clean and threw out everything S3 had built toward and turned S4 into TWD's shithead little brother that never showers. I would love to see that flaming piece of fuck get gutted the way both shows have.

I did the same thing.. Stopped watching after 1, but never caught back up. lol. People were RAGIN though after that last finale though. Yikes.

Also. Bernthal is coming back as Shane. Probably for Rick's end of life sequence is my guess or maybe some lame flashbacks.