Vin

The Walking Dead

I'm furious with my girlfriend right now and all I can think to do to punish her is to download and watch the season finale without her.

Just saw that Negan wont appear until the SEASON finale....

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Downvote 1

Not even going to read Sparty's reply because I'm 100% sure it contains spoilers.

You're more caught up with the comics than I am... :mjlaugh: keep in mind, I don't watch the show anymore. I might get back into it.

• Downvote 1

The 2 minute preview was more entertaining than that entire episode

• Upvote 1

Once again, this is the problem I have with TWD. By itself, that episode was fine. Exciting, lots of action, some good dialogue and dramatic moments. But because it was the mid-season finale, expectations are higher, and it didn't really deliver.

• All the Glenn/Maggie build-up, and all we see is Glenn...seeing Maggie? Just some mutual eye contact, smiles, and dramatic music would have been nice.
  • No mention of Daryl/Sasha/Abraham at all? Closure, people. And don't tell me it was in the post-credits preview. A show shouldn't need to gain quality points from trailers for future episodes.
  • I had to sit through 90 minutes of "All human life is precious" just to watch Morgan act like the dumbest motherfucker ever and almost get Carol killed? He either needs to meet the same fate as Shane or have another mental breakdown.
  • "Mom...mom." Dumbest cliffhanger ever, and this show's had some dumb ones.
Edited by SteVo

I wanted to punt that kids face off when he spoke

• Upvote 1

Ya, where they are going with this Sam / Ron / Jessie stuff is so annoying. They want to make this into a big thing, and want to make them more central to the story of Alexandria... But holy shit it is just soooooo brutal. Even with the Morgan / Carol stuff... I thought it was interesting for like at the very beginning, but they spent the entire show just squaring off and arguing about the same things until you get like 10 seconds of real action.

There is so much build up and so little reward / pay off for everything...

For what it's worth, I liked the Deanna stuff a lot.. But I am getting tired of the morally right / optimistic people ALWAYS dying off. I mean, I understand it.. But can't we let a bad / evil / corrupt person die sometimes (and I am talking more than just the big bad / villain). Whoever the beacon of light is will die.. Deanna may have been a little weird, but at the end she still believed in the greater good and she died. Looks like she passed that onto Michonne and obviously Morgan is on the chopping block as well.

They WILL die unless their mindset shifts back to darkness and killing...

It's just getting old. It's the same things over and over. They had a nice bounce back season last year and now it's just more of the same.

I think this episode could've benefited from being 90 minutes, but I guess they blew their 90-minute episode on Morgan turning into a ninja.

Once again, this is the problem I have with TWD. By itself, that episode was fine. Exciting, lots of action, some good dialogue and dramatic moments. But because it was the mid-season finale, expectations are higher, and it didn't really deliver.

• No mention of Daryl/Sasha/Abraham at all? Closure, people. And don't tell me it was in the post-credits preview. A show shouldn't need to gain quality points from trailers for future episodes.
  • I had to sit through 90 minutes of "All human life is precious" just to watch Morgan act like the dumbest motherfucker ever and almost get Carol killed? He either needs to meet the same fate as Shane or have another mental breakdown.

Post-credits preview. I actually thought that they were going to show up to save the day, but the way time is handled in the show (everything sorta happening at the same time) made it impossible. We see that the "help" heard in the walkie at the end of the D/S/A episode was Eugene, and who knows how much time, if any, passed after that.

This is kinda awful to say, but Carol getting pwnt by Morgan is one of the greatest things I've seen on TWD. I really, really, hope it knocked some sense into her, but it probably didn't. "I need to kill you and him and anyone else so no one else has to be killed." Shut up.

Some stuff about this season, and what's coming up for the 2nd half. Again, don't click the link because there's comic spoilers, both in text and in images.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/the-walking-dead-spoilers-season-6-jeffrey-dean-morgan-negan-norman-reedus-1201646695/

I chatted with TWD showrunner Scott Gimple today about the half-season that was, including those ratings and what is coming up for the rest of Season 6 once it returns on February 14. The executive producer also offered insights on the roles of Negan and Norman Reedus’ Daryl, plus looking toward Season 7.

DEADLINE: You’ve said that the return of the second half of Season 6 of The Walking Dead next year will be with one of the biggest episodes you’ve ever done. What do you mean by that?
GIMPLE: Oh Lordy, it’s taking us to …I can only speak in adjectives really without giving things away. It’s taking us to a closed-quarters situation that is both emotionally explosive and terrifying in as much as people are closed in with an army of Walkers. It’s a horrific and unique type of claustrophobia.

DEADLINE: What was your reaction to the reaction of the fate of Steven Yeun’s Glenn Rhee character this past half-season?
GIMPLE: From the end of Episode 3 to the beginning of Episode 7, I thought it was a remarkable pop culture moment. I love that people who didn’t know each other had something to talk to each other about and that made the world a smaller place with a lot of passionate feelings on both sides, on all sides.

When it was all said and done after Episode 7, the incredible elation that fans seemed to have was very cool to see. We don’t get to tell those type of stories very often on the show and to see Glenn live, to see the hero survive, I felt was something the audience earned after six years of watching The Walking Dead. Six years of seeing the hero die, I believed this was something the audience deserved.

DEADLINE: To that, the short preview that played after last night’s midseason finale had the first mention of the Negan character Jeffrey Dean Morgan is playing, so how is that character going to be different on the show than he is in the comic?
GIMPLE: I would say this: It’s an incredible drag that its come out that we’ve cast that role. I know that it’s really hard for that information not to get out, but I would have loved to have been able to manage expectations there with fans. We make this show pretty far in advance and when they find out about things we’ve planned in the future, pretty deep into the future, I don’t want them just thinking, “Oh I want to get to that.” In a perfect world they wouldn’t even know about that or asking questions about that save for our mention last night, which is fair play.

I will add that we’ve done things from the comics to the letter and we’ve done things from the comics very very differently. I think that’s probably the guiding principle that fans should have when they think about Negan.

DEADLINE: Speaking of doing things differently from the comics, are we going to see a lot more from Norman Reedus’ Daryl Dixon character, which isn’t in the comics, the rest of this season? There seems to have been a lot of emphasis on him, as that preview from last night hinted as well…
GIMPLE: I will say that we are going to see much more Daryl Dixon next half-season.

DEADLINE: Really?
GIMPLE: This past half-season saw the characters very sequestered from each other and there’s much less of that in the rest of Season 6. This upcoming half-season is very very different than the previous half-season in the structure, in the lineup of characters in the episodes, and I think even in the types of stories we are telling.

I have us go outside what is my comfort zone because I love telling stories that are character-based first. In lot of ways, this next half-season has that character but the plot really does take over for several episodes. I was trying to push myself to take it in a new direction, maybe not permanently but for these next eight episodes I wanted to do something different and you’re going to see something different.

DEADLINE: This first half season on Season 6 has seen some dips in the ratings though still big compared to almost everything on TV but down. Why do you think that is?
GIMPLE: I don’t think it’s been that huge a dip and further I don’t think it might be a story regarding The Walking Dead but really I think it might be a story about television. I think that there are similar shows in the 18-49 demographic that pretty much experienced proportional dips.

Look, we’re undergoing a shift, even from when Walking Dead started, in the way that people consume television. We’re seeing it’s effect not just in Walking Dead ratings, but rating across the board. Technology is taking a nibble out of us. I’m to blame too, I watch a lot of things on my DVR. I can only blame myself, I like to watch my shows when I want to watch them and I think a lot of people are in the same place. I will say, I get far too much stuff spoiled for me and if I had my druthers I’d liked to watch TV when TV is on. Like, I’m just getting into Game Of Thrones now and I already know everything that’s going to happen and that’s annoying.

DEADLINE: OK, but after several years as the showrunner, how would you rank this season of all the Walking Dead seasons?
GIMPLE: I can’t do that (laughs) but I will say that this certainly was the most challenging. Just from a really basic physical standpoint for myself, for the crew and for the cast. This was a really hard one. We’re very proud of it, but man, people are still sleeping it off.

DEADLINE: How soon until you start pulling things together for Season 7?
GIMPLE: I’m sitting down with the writers next week, in a lot of ways we haven’t really stopped. There isn’t entirely a break because we’re still doing post on Season 6 and we just stopped shooting just over a week ago. Robert Kirkman created the never-ending zombie movie and we’re in the never-ending television production.

It's alright.. AMC has a better show now anyway.

It's alright.. AMC has a better show now anyway.

Saul Goodman disagrees.

I'm alone on this but Rick has just gotten to the point of of being annoying, wouldn't care if he died. Saving Glen, pointless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rick is the man, show would suck ass without him.

I finished season 5, my thoughts

- really really good season, liked it a lot.

- Watching Noah die was one of the saddest deaths in the whole show for me

- someone pls put a bullet in Gabriel's head. His and Sasha's storyline I could not give any less of a shit about.

- Hope Rick starts banging Jessie.

- The way they transitioned from terminus to the hospital to Alexandria was really well done. The 2nd half after Beth died and Aaron found them was terrific, other than Sasha being emo as fuck and getting wayyyyy too much air time. Every other storyline i liked.

- Eugene and The other 2 in his team are awesome. I love Eugenes way of talking

- I was laughing at how Dianne thought she could tell Rick to leave and he'd just go. Good luck with that plan. These ppl have no idea what it's like on the outside and how good Rick and his team are. It would have been a bloodbath.

- Rick, Glenn, Abraham, Eugene, carol Darryl are my favorites

- the writing for Carol is pretty awesome. She might be the best character in the show

Gonna let season 6 build up so I can watch it all at once

Edited by BradyFan81

I think we're still at a good point in the show, cast-wise. I don't really want anyone to die still, so that's good.

But that's just going to make it all the worse when people are killed off. :slingblade:

Watched the whole season over the weekend. Was killer avoiding spoilers the last few months. The finale was awful until the post credits scene. Now the second half of the season is going to be the best ever :yep: Negan finna tear shit up.

Super glad Glenn wasn't dead, he's my favorite character. I liked his short little story with that dumb bitch Enid.

Hope Sam dies. Pussies don't get to live in this world.

I fucking hate Carol after the last few episodes. Sneaky little cunt.

You're more caught up with the comics than I am... :mjlaugh: keep in mind, I don't watch the show anymore. I might get back into it.

Then stop fucking spoiling shit, you dumb cunt. Use spoiler tags, jackass.

As for Carol, think of all she's been through and tell me you wouldn't be where she is, you fucking losers. Carol has more balls and more charisma than all of you pussies combined.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You should think before you post. What have I spoiled exactly? Negan's arrival? Lol.. I think everyone here has heard about Negan by now. Jesus, man. Don't get so offended at little shit.

As for Carol, think of all she's been through and tell me you wouldn't be where she is, you fucking losers. Carol has more balls and more charisma than all of you pussies combined.

What exactly have I spoiled? Please tell me. Stop drinking so much... Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Downvote 1

What exactly have I spoiled? Please tell me. Stop drinking so much...

I put it in spoiler tags already. Don't be intentionally dense. I've asked you to stop spoiling shit COUNTLESS times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone else, with the exception of people like Rosita and Eugene (or if they have, it hasn't been shown) has been though as much, if not more, and aren't in the same place. Lest we forget, the last time Carol was in a place that resembled society, or as close as we're probably going to get to society (the prison), she got kicked out.

Everyone else, with the exception of people like Rosita and Eugene (or if they have, it hasn't been shown) has been though as much, if not more, and aren't in the same place. Lest we forget, the last time Carol was in a place that resembled society, or as close as we're probably going to get to society (the prison), she got kicked out.

Wrong. Carol's journey has been the most arduous on the show, save for possibly Tara. But Carol does whatever it takes for the good of the group, just like Rick. Though Rick's failed many times while Carol's done nothing but keep people alive outside of the two that were already going to die anyway. TV Carol is closer to Comic Rick than TV Rick is with regard to always making the right decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wrong. Carol's journey has been the most arduous on the show, save for possibly Tara.

Wat.

Gimme your reasoning. It's not because of her abusive husband is it?

I missed the end of the credits scene, I thought they said it would be shown in the commercials of Into the Badlands. :sigh:

I obviously don't know of the time elapse between Rick getting back and that building collapsing...but why wouldn't they try and draw the horde away from the gate once they settled in? Unless it was a deliberate thing, you'd also wonder how they did not see that structure collapsing.

Lastly, regarding Carol. The wolves guy could have killed all of them and more but didn't. He had their weapons and everything. Which begs the question....why didn't he? Was Morgan right in the end? The big difference between Morgan and Eastman is that Eastman was a loner and didn't have to account for other people's lives in his decision making, it was just his own at stake. While, Morgan letting the wolves go/the captive live could have easily spelled disaster for the greater good.

Edited by BJORN

Whatever.

Edited by Spartan Havoc