Vin

The Walking Dead

I liked it. BECAUSE WE KILLIN NIGGAS NOW BECAUSE THE FARM IS FULL

I am pretty sure that at some point before the season ends, Dale is going to save Shane. Or vice versa. They clearly hate each other, so it will make a mildly interesting dilemma for them.

I found it... odd that not only Rick denied the request of those two douches and their posse to come to the farm... But that he was so steadfast. He's usually a huge pussy boy who just wants to help everyone. So, I must say it was both unexpected and completely bad ass when he destroyed those two fools.

Hopefully pussy Rick won't return... But I know he will.

And is Lori like the dumbest bitch you have ever seen?

I found it... odd that not only Rick denied the request of those two douches and their posse to come to the farm... But that he was so steadfast. He's usually a huge pussy boy who just wants to help everyone. So, I must say it was both unexpected and completely bad ass when he destroyed those two fools.

Hopefully pussy Rick won't return... But I know he will.

And is Lori like the dumbest bitch you have ever seen?

I have a feeling that Rick could tell that those guys were up to no good. I am glad he did what he did before they had opportunity to hurt the group.

There was no logical reason for Lori to do what she did.

I have a feeling that Rick could tell that those guys were up to no good. I am glad he did what he did before they had opportunity to hurt the group.

There was no logical reason for Lori to do what she did.

Oh ya, I don't blame Rick for his choice(s). I just found it odd because it was so out of character for him. Those two definitely didn't give off a a good vibe.

We are seeing Rick develop into a stone cold son of a bitch after having to blow that little girls head off.

Seeing him wreck those two dudes in the bar was fucking awesome.

I mean when you run into other people you have to be cautious and with Rick's background as a cop I'm sure there were things that set his instincts off. Something was telling him that those fucks were up to no good. Nothing but bad news. Especially that fat fuck. Seeing how he just annihilated those two fucks was unexpected and totally badass.

Watching the scenes from the next episode it appears that those two weren't alone and that Rick's instincts were dead on. Will be interesting to see how Rick and co. get out of that bar and if Lori is still alive and how she gets outta the ditch.

Oh yea...Lori is a dumb bitch. I mean really....what a dumbass....

I don't think we are seeing him develop into a cold person. More like a guy who is now going to be more worried about protecting the group and providing for them now rather than trying to do what is right. That doesn't make him cold. I do think though that by the 4th episode we are going to see a major event between either Dale and Shane, or Shane and Rick.

I really love the writing on the show, they have been doing an excellent job of keeping viewers on their toes from the outset. There were some things that I thought would happen that didn't/haven't (I still think that Shane is the father of Lori's baby), and other things that happened I didn't expect (Sophia as a walker).

I also really like how they are developing the Glenn/Maggie love story, spinning something positive in a world gone to shit.

I'm basically with you guys on everything.

Completely badass of Rick to own those two guys in the bar. Unfortunately, I didn't bother waiting til the first commercial of that next show to see the upcoming attractions, can anyone fill me in?

Oh and Favre, Lori is a dumbass but I cannot STAND that dumb blonde bitch (forget her name atm). I just look at her and get annoyed...

We are seeing Rick develop into a stone cold son of a bitch after having to blow that little girls head off.

Seeing him wreck those two dudes in the bar was fucking awesome.

I mean when you run into other people you have to be cautious and with Rick's background as a cop I'm sure there were things that set his instincts off. Something was telling him that those fucks were up to no good. Nothing but bad news. Especially that fat fuck. Seeing how he just annihilated those two fucks was unexpected and totally badass.

Watching the scenes from the next episode it appears that those two weren't alone and that Rick's instincts were dead on. Will be interesting to see how Rick and co. get out of that bar and if Lori is still alive and how she gets outta the ditch.

Oh yea...Lori is a dumb bitch. I mean really....what a dumbass....

Unless they come out and say flat out that they are "pirates" or something, we will never know. Rick just killed two of their men... No matter what their intentions were going into the bar, I wouldn't expect the rest of them to react positively.

I think we're seeing the new showrunner's mark on the show already with the whole Rick scene, the past showrunner was notorious for slowing things fucking down, but this guy, Glen Mazzara has said he wants to speed up the show and have it be more darker and scarier.

I'm excited.

New episode was awesome.

Next week will be even awesomer but only if Merle is somehow magically with this group.

I'm a Merle fan. :D

• Upvote 1

My favorite part was when Lori called Darryl selfish.

I mean REALLY? Gotta think the writers are purposely making Lori out to be this dumb of a bitch. Person who plays her is a terrible actress too.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Rick waste those two dudes. Didn't see it coming but I guess all the talk of him wasting time and putting those close to him in danger because hes always trying to help others really got to him.

I'm betting Daryl ends up saving Lori out of the car wreck after she talked shit to him.

Okay....

So Rick makes a judgement call and takes out two filthy dbags from Philly. No problem with that.

The Philly posse comes back looking for their friends who are now dead. They get into a small shootout with Herschel, Glenn, and Rick.

A ton of walkers start to emerge and the posse flees the scene, effectively leaving one of their own men.

Instead of getting the hell out of dodge... Rick decides to stay behind.. Help the injured douchebag from Philly and take him back to their camp...

Where exactly is the logic, there?

Okay....

So Rick makes a judgement call and takes out two filthy dbags from Philly. No problem with that.

The Philly posse comes back looking for their friends who are now dead. They get into a small shootout with Herschel, Glenn, and Rick.

A ton of walkers start to emerge and the posse flees the scene, effectively leaving one of their own men.

Instead of getting the hell out of dodge... Rick decides to stay behind.. Help the injured douchebag from Philly and take him back to their camp...

Where exactly is the logic, there?

Agreed. But he was just a kid. I probably just woulda taken him out completely. I dont think the kid will serve any purpose in the show at all.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1219078p1.html

There are spoilers within for "Triggerfinger" and some mild spoilers for the comic book series as well. You've been warned.

IGN: With all the danger that Rick, Glenn and Hershel faced this past episode, we never got to meet their attackers like we did in "Nebraska." What was the reasoning behind that?

Robert Kirkman: Yeah, that was something that [showrunner] Glen Mazzara came up with that I thought would be really cool. And that's the idea that they would be the "mysterious guys on the other side of the wall." And to have the entire scene play off the faces of Rick, Hershel and Glenn. And I think it came out really well. It came together. And the actors did an amazing job with that stuff and in telling the story. It made the scene seem that more dangerous because when the audience can't see the threat either then it puts you in the shoes of the main characters. It makes it all the more visceral and experience everything with them.

IGN: In the comics, we know that there are other dangerous groups of people out there, but is that who these guys are meant to be?

Kirkman: What that group represents is "the big unknown." We don't know anything about them. The two guys in the bar were definitely threatening. The guys outside the bar though, even at first, don't seem like they're too dangerous. But they quickly reveal themselves to be as equally dangerous as the guys who were in the bar. We're not even a hundred percent sure they're part of a larger group, but...it's probably safe to assume they are. I don't want to give too much away though. But it's the unknown factor of who these people are and what they've done or what they're trying to do is terrifying. And what we're really trying to do in this episode is show that the humans that our heroes encounter are going to pose just as much of a threat, if not more so, than the zombies themselves. When it comes down to it, humans are capable of so much more than a zombie.

IGN: Things have, of course, played out much differently with Shane on the show than in the comics, and in this episode you have Shane confessing all of his feelings to Lori. All of the frustrations that he came at Rick with in the book have now fallen on Lori's lap. What's the audience supposed to feel about Shane right now?

Kirkman: I think he's an extremely sympathetic character. I mean, maybe I'm a crazy person but I feel bad because I think everything he's done thus far on the show has been much more to benefit others than it has been to benefit himself. We showed that he clearly wanted to, and tried to, save Rick back at the hospital but just couldn't. His decision to leave Rick behind when he was in the coma was not an easy one to make. His growing affection for Lori and the fact that he stuck by them and protected them during that time afterward, that's a tremendous thing for a friend to do. And everything that's spiraled out of that is not necessarily his fault. He's dealing with a tremendous amount of pain and loss himself and so when he's doing something like killing Otis, or threatening Dale, or killing zombies in the barn, on the surface he looks like a villain. But when he levels with Lori and explains to her why he's doing the things he's doing and why he should be the guy who with her and protecting her you realize that he's not doing all of these things because he's a bad guy. And that makes it much more interesting.

But, you know, that scene is really a by-product of Glen Mazzara's leadership on the show. He's definitely a guy who's like "Let's put these cards on the table" and "Let's deal with this story and move on. We don't need to tease the audience." He really wants to lay things out and burn through story in an interesting way so that we can come up with more stories. We're trying not to have "sacred cows" anymore. We're not trying to hold things too close to the vest, story-wise. Since he's come on now, he's been all about moving this love-triangle story up and out and trying to do cool things with it. As opposed to milking it for dramatic effect. So it's a little bit of a different take.

IGN: In the final scene of the episode, Lori seemed like she was really planting the seed for Rick to kill Shane. I mean, yes, she has every right to be worried, but it also seemed like she was manipulating Rick a little bit.

Kirkman: There are definitely different ways of interpreting that scene. Again, I like to think the best of all these characters and think she's just coming from a position of fear and just really doesn't know how to deal with the situation. So she's trying now to put it on Rick and make him deal with the situation. And that's how she's handling things. But there is a part of it where one could see that she knows exactly what she's doing and know how to push certain buttons in order to get her way. But whether she means to or not, she's definitely set them off on a path now that's going to have Rick and Shane conflicting in a big way. They might even have a big conflict in the very next episode. The next episode is going to be brutal.

IGN: I wanted to ask you a question about T-Dog. We all think he's ripe for the chopping block simply because he isn't a part of any of the stories going on right now. He seems underutilized. Is there anything planned for him down the line?

Kirkman: Well I say that I love that character and the actor who plays him, IronE Singleton, is honestly one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Totally cool dude and he does a great job. The writers room is full of big T-Dog fans and were trying to work him in. Unfortunately, right now there's a lot of stuff going on with Shane and Rick, a lot of stuff going on with Daryl, a lot of stuff going on with Glenn, and the others. And so you kind of have to focus on where the stories are. But T-Dog will definitely get his day and he's got some really cool stuff coming up that I think a lot of people are going to be excited about. But I would agree that he is somewhat underutilized right now. But it's all cyclical. We have to move through these characters in a natural way and not everyone can be in the spotlight at all times.

IGN: Zombie Apocalypse question for you now. Would you have stuck around and saved that kid who impaled himself on the iron gate?

Kirkman: I don't know how I would have gotten that guy's leg off that thing. Just the pain involved with ripping that leg off...I don't know that I would have been able to handle it. So I would have been long gone. That guy would have been screwed.

The next episode of The Walking Dead, "18 Miles Out," airs Sunday, February 26th on AMC.

I'm starting to hate Lori more and more. She should try to figure out better how to handle walkers because she's gonna need to at some point. Episode is still going on, but it's looking like there is going to be a major cliff hanger this week.

Or not... Loved the episode though. They brought up a good point though about the winter though. I cant imagine the Walker's being that bad in the winter.

Awesome episode.

Ya, we've definitely seen a complete overhauling of Rick's character. Really interesting and sudden change.

Awesome episode.

Rick setting that fuckstick, Shane, straight! Although, from the looks of scenes from next weeks episode...Shane looks to still be a dumbass.

Rick :rock:

Yup, pretty badass show tonight.

It's finally gotten away from the soap opera it was turning into to...

Oh, and Rick's the fucking man.

Almost ended up being an incredibly lame episode. Thankfully, the last few minutes saved it.

Edited by Vin