Vin

The Walking Dead

Ya... They really wanted to focus this episode on the relationship and struggle between Rick and Shane, so they didn't get around to a whole lot else.

Although... they are taking more steps to pushing Andrea further and further out of the circle.

No Daryl, Carol, TDawg, Glenn, or Hershel in that entire episode IIRC.

What do you guys think Rick (and the group) should do with Randall (the new guy)?

Ya... They really wanted to focus this episode on the relationship and struggle between Rick and Shane, so they didn't get around to a whole lot else.

Although... they are taking more steps to pushing Andrea further and further out of the circle.

No Daryl, Carol, TDawg, Glenn, or Hershel in that entire episode IIRC.

What do you guys think Rick (and the group) should do with Randall (the new guy)?

Leave him be, though if the previews from last episode are any indication, that's not what they're going to do. There's only three episodes left in the season, so I'm gonna guess he somehow makes it back to his group, and there is some sort of conflict that destroys the farm at the end of the season.

Leave him be, though if the previews from last episode are any indication, that's not what they're going to do. There's only three episodes left in the season, so I'm gonna guess he somehow makes it back to his group, and there is some sort of conflict that destroys the farm at the end of the season.

:yep:

Shoulda killed em and got the hell out. Dumb Rick. Shane may be a bit extreme in his ways but nearly everything he does is logically sound IMO. If Rick was willing to protect his family and would do anything like he told Shane in the street why is he still hesitating to make crucial decisions? Camp Shane for me now boys. :yep:

MERLE BETTER BE WITH THIS GODDAMNED GROUP.

I hope Andrea dies in a fire.

Shoulda killed em and got the hell out. Dumb Rick. Shane may be a bit extreme in his ways but nearly everything he does is logically sound IMO. If Rick was willing to protect his family and would do anything like he told Shane in the street why is he still hesitating to make crucial decisions? Camp Shane for me now boys. :yep:

MERLE BETTER BE WITH THIS GODDAMNED GROUP.

I hope Andrea dies in a fire.

The only mistake Rick was about to make was leaving Shane on the bus.... Hey... let's leave this random dude who doesn't know where we are in the middle of nowhere...

But hey.. Here's shane.. Who fucked my wife, thinks I am incapable of protecting my family, and think that I am a horrendous leader. To top it all off, he knows our entire group and where they are located. Leaving him there would have been not risky at all, am i right? lmao. THAT would be been stupid.

Shane is too impulsive. And sooner or later, it is going to get him in trouble.

The only mistake Rick was about to make was leaving Shane on the bus.... Hey... let's leave this random dude who doesn't know where we are in the middle of nowhere...

But hey.. Here's shane.. Who fucked my wife, thinks I am incapable of protecting my family, and think that I am a horrendous leader. To top it all off, he knows our entire group and where they are located. Leaving him there would have been not risky at all, am i right? lmao. THAT would be been stupid.

Shane is too impulsive. And sooner or later, it is going to get him in trouble.

Leaving Shane would have been incredibly stupid. Taking the kid back to the farm is also incredibly stupid. Just blow his brains out. CMON.

He's just a kid. I agree with Vin.

Seeing from the scenes from the next episode...it doesn't look like it...I mean they are beating the shit out of him. Fucking stupid.

Rick is a pimp. :yep:

I say he is going to join the the group at the farm permanently... But the Phill DBag group will sniff out the farm where Randalls loyalty will come into question. He will then sacrifice himself for the better of Rick's group.

Just a prediction, obviously.

I don't understand why Rick is protecting this kid. I guess we're supposed to forget that he shot at them before he launched himself into the fence? They shouldn't have wasted all the gas they used joyriding around the countryside last night and simply popped a bullet in the kid's head instead.

As much as I hate agreeing with Shane, he was exactly right on this one.

I think Rick proved a point with Shane by almost leaving him behind. Shane should know that he is not invaluable to the group. When it came down to it, Shane should have been feeling the same level of terror that Otis felt as he saw Shane running and leaving him to the Walkers.

As for the kid; I think that Rick should have left him stuck to the fence. He would have served as a perfect bait while Glenn, Rick and Hershel escaped. Having not done that and taking him to the house to patch him up, the minute the kid said that he knew Maggie, Rick should have killed him immediately to protect the group. Obviously, not taking care of him is going to backfire at some point.

I think Rick proved a point with Shane by almost leaving him behind. Shane should know that he is not invaluable to the group. When it came down to it, Shane should have been feeling the same level of terror that Otis felt as he saw Shane running and leaving him to the Walkers.

As for the kid; I think that Rick should have left him stuck to the fence. He would have served as a perfect bait while Glenn, Rick and Hershel escaped. Having not done that and taking him to the house to patch him up, the minute the kid said that he knew Maggie, Rick should have killed him immediately to protect the group. Obviously, not taking care of him is going to backfire at some point.

Ya.. except his friend who has betrayed over and over.. CAME BACK for him. What exactly did Shane learn? My guess is nothing. He's probably gonna be the same dude moving forward but try and keep his feelings hidden from more people.

I agree they should have left him at the fence.. Which is why it doesn't make sense to kill him now.

Save his life one minute... let him die or kill him the next. No logic there at all.

I agree. They should have left his ass on the fence after he was shooting at them. BUT he saved his ass and fixed his leg etc. He made his decision.

What kind of fucking sense does it make to save his ass, fix his leg and THEN kill him. How stupid.

I feel dumb just typing that...

The choice was already made. He's part of the group now (speculating).

I prolly would have left him on the fence. I prolly would have capped him in the head though first. I'd rather another murder on my conscious as opposed to letting the kid die, if I am Rick. By saving him, they are wasting supplies by saving him and setting him into the wild for his demise.

At the time, Randall was the enemy and shooting at me so I would have left him to die. You don't all of a sudden be compassionate with your enemy at a time like this.

It's not completely out of the question though why Rick wanted to save him and take some time to consider the kid's future. With all the shit on Rick's mind, I can only imagine how tough it would be to make a decision like that at the time.

Maybe by not killing him, they are going to kill off another member of the group? If that is the case, I think it will be Dale, Andrea, or Hershel. Maybe (though I hope not, since he is one of my favorites) even Glenn.

It is also possible that bringing Randall into the fold, with him sort of knowing Maggie, that they are going to set up an ill-advised love triangle. I have a feeling that Randall has had a crush on Maggie from afar while they were in school together.

Oh son of a bitch,

I am saddened by that ending. :(

I love this show!

Didn't like that at all. Killing off signature characters is not usually something I care for.

More of a symbolic death than anything...

• Downvote 1

I know how good this show is when it makes me connect so much with its characters and what they are going through. I was really annoyed by Dale and thought man I hate this guy, he needs to GFTO already. Then when he actually died at the end, I actually felt guilty inside lol. Only two episodes left!

Didn't like that at all. Killing off signature characters is not usually something I care for.

More of a symbolic death than anything...

Especially when that character was one of the few "good" guys left.

Carl's doing a pretty good job of inadvertently killing people.

LET'S PLAY WHICH MAJOR CHARACTER DIES NEXT!

T-Dog gets my vote. :D

Especially when that character was one of the few "good" guys left.

Carl's doing a pretty good job of inadvertently killing people.

Indeed. He's really pissing me off...

They're definitely going to need that gun he dropped in an important situation, too.

LET'S PLAY WHICH MAJOR CHARACTER DIES NEXT!

T-Dog gets my vote. :D

Except hes a minor character.

Ya. As soon as as Dale gave that impassioned speech about preserving humanity and what not, you knew he was going to die. I didn't figure it was going to be 10 minutes later... But you knew his time was limited.

I also hate the way they killed him.

He's walking alone... In an OPEN and flat field. Sees the cow and walks over to it. Turns around and boom, there is a walker. Directly behind him in a direction that he just came from.

It's LITERALLY impossible that he walked up to the cow and did not see that walker, unless they can now burrow into the earth or some crap. lol

And then... The walker is on top of him, and instead of being the normally stupid and slow walker... This one decides he can't reach Dale's face or whatever... So he rips open his abdomen?

I don't think we have ever seen a walker do that before.

Edited by Favre4Ever